What book(s) are you reading???

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby hodepr on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:31 am

I am Jo Nesbø fan so I can definitely recommend The Snowman - it was really brilliant! I have never been frightened from book before. But you mustn't see the film adaptation - it is a complete trash! And right now I am reading The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor and it looks like it would be awesome too.
User avatar
hodepr
Member
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:59 pm

Postby earlgreytoast on Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:13 pm

I'm a little over 100 pages into this and it is drymounting AMAZING. Obvi, if you're into the B Boys it is worth the read, but for anyone who grew up in the tri-state area it is an absolute treasure trove of 80s nostalgia. I don't know how much help they had but Horovitz and Diamond are both great writers - the words just flow like rhymes. Great coverage of the music scene in NYC 1981 and onward. Can't recommend this one enough!

91IQ3rOgM5L.jpg
User avatar
earlgreytoast
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8109
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Postby RadRacing on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:36 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:I'm a little over 100 pages into this and it is drymounting AMAZING. Obvi, if you're into the B Boys it is worth the read, but for anyone who grew up in the tri-state area it is an absolute treasure trove of 80s nostalgia. I don't know how much help they had but Horovitz and Diamond are both great writers - the words just flow like rhymes. Great coverage of the music scene in NYC 1981 and onward. Can't recommend this one enough!


It's a really great read (given, I'm a huge fan of the group). And, despite the fact that it is 600 pages, I got through it super fast. The 'chapters' are really quick and short and there are tons of (killer) photos. :pint:
User avatar
RadRacing
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 am
Location: CANADA

Postby hunterjax on Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:39 pm

^I read the intro when I got it for Christmas, but am already in the midst of another 600 pager, so it's next on my list.

Currently reading this:
Image
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3969
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby Uriondia on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:54 am

Currently I am reading Eremitten by Thomas Rydahl. I am on 65th page and I think it is finally getting somewhere. After this one I want to start with Tørst by Jo Nesbø!!
User avatar
Uriondia
New User
 
Status: Banned !
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:46 am

Postby ricv64 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:51 am

Image
User avatar
ricv64
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7297
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:00 am
Location: lost and asleep on mazn great highway
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila

Postby haven on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:08 am

Recently reread Slaughterhouse-Five, finished Murakami's Colorless Tsukuru Tazaki and now reading The Book Thief.
User avatar
haven
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5184
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Postby olisrove on Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:03 am

Just finished the Witcher series. It was an amazing read. Now I'm starting to get to Sanderson's universe
User avatar
olisrove
New User
 
Status: Banned !
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:09 pm
Location: London

Postby RadRacing on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:51 am

Pretty sure there are some Don Winslow fans on here..
Part 3 of the trilogy (Power of the Dog, the Cartel) The Border will be out February 26th .. :drool: :pint:

Image
User avatar
RadRacing
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1334
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 9:12 am
Location: CANADA

Postby haven on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:04 am

Just starting The Man in the High Castle.
User avatar
haven
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 5184
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am

Postby hunterjax on Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:26 am

RadRacing wrote:Pretty sure there are some Don Winslow fans on here..
Part 3 of the trilogy (Power of the Dog, the Cartel) The Border will be out February 26th .. :drool: :pint:


Big Winslow fan, but surprisingly those are two I haven't read yet . . . I guess I need to get on those and then the final book!
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3969
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby 63schoeffling on Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:50 pm

Just re-read the first two Thrones books and now onto Storm of Swords for the first time.... let's see if I can finish these three before tipoff in April.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 8135
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am
ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby hunterjax on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:43 pm

63schoeffling wrote:Just re-read the first two Thrones books and now onto Storm of Swords for the first time.... let's see if I can finish these three before tipoff in April.

the last two should really be re-edited to make one long book - they came out so far apart but cover the same time period with different characters, I really lost the thread of a lot that was going on . . . I need to re-read the full series, but that's such a time commit.
User avatar
hunterjax
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 3969
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:40 am
_____________
RambosRemodeler wrote:.........You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby Irishman12 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:30 pm

haven wrote:Just starting The Man in the High Castle.


I'd be curious how that is compared to the show. I've only seen Season 1 and need a rewatch in addition to the new seasons that have subsequently been released.
User avatar
Irishman12
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 1471
Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:42 pm
Location: The Villa Quatro

Postby ricv64 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:11 am

Irishman12 wrote:
haven wrote:Just starting The Man in the High Castle.


I'd be curious how that is compared to the show. I've only seen Season 1 and need a rewatch in addition to the new seasons that have subsequently been released.



I read that awhile ago loved the book but bailed on the show .
User avatar
ricv64
Art Expert
 
Status: Active
Posts: 7297
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:00 am
Location: lost and asleep on mazn great highway
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Codeblue and 3 guests