ISO 24x36 Acid Free Portfolios

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
meskell
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2018 10:24 pm

dodgers77 wrote:
cotis wrote:
jlabbate wrote:nice price on the portfolio sheets..I believe I used to pay about $50 for a 5pk for the picturesque ones from jerry's Artarama
do these sheets fit in a picturesque portfolio?
pretty sure it's been stated that they will not fit in the old portfolios.
:cry:
It may not be the ideal fit but they fit. The sleeve's binder holes all line up just fine with the last three or so needing to be slightly manipulated to fit onto the rings. Because of that, you also need to take a little more care turning the pages. Other than that, everything else fits inside the portfolio the same. Worth the pickup if you already have a binder and don't need another.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
dodgers77
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2018 10:56 pm

meskell wrote:
dodgers77 wrote:
cotis wrote:
jlabbate wrote:nice price on the portfolio sheets..I believe I used to pay about $50 for a 5pk for the picturesque ones from jerry's Artarama
It may not be the ideal fit but they fit. The sleeve's binder holes all line up just fine with the last three or so needing to be slightly manipulated to fit onto the rings. Because of that, you also need to take a little more care turning the pages. Other than that, everything else fits inside the portfolio the same. Worth the pickup if you already have a binder and don't need another.
Thanks for the feedback meskell, I’ll give them a shot.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:13 am

Any tricks to sliding the 24x36 ers in? I just spent a half hour slowly getting one in the front and one In the back of the sleeve. Tried pulling the archival paper out and a little and sliding all three in together. Didn’t really save any time
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:18 pm

Just trim um down a little....
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:55 pm

Nvmd. Started with the James jean blade runner set, too many layers haha! All the standard mondo stuff slides in easy
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:15 am

meskell wrote:
dodgers77 wrote:
cotis wrote:
Meskell can you post some pictures of what you are talking about? I don't want damage on any of my prints because I didn't buy bottlenecks portfolio. But it's killing me because I have 2 picturesque portfolios. One that's completely full & weighs a TON & another one that only has 5 pages in it. I'm wondering if I'd be better off trying to sell it & buy bottlenecks with whatever I get for the picturesque & buy the refills that are meant for the book. I kind of can imagine what you are talking about but my concern is putting 20+ pages in the book & later regretting that I didn't buy bottlenecks. I also like how bottlenecks looks like it flares out at the bottom where the corners are to provide more protection.
Common sense, is not that common
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:34 am

I haven't purchased these but they look identical to the picturesque pages but that doesn't mean anything.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Itoya-24-x-36- ... 0009.m1982

I've sent a message to the seller to see if they know if they'll fit in the picturesque. Hopefully they will & I can get a 10 sleeves for 100 bucks vs. bottlenecks 300 dollars.

I really should just sell off some of my prints & take that money to frame some of my prints but it's so dam expensive to frame a 24"x36" with all archival materials.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:00 pm

Alright, I am way too lazy to reread this thread. the old 24x36s suck because the sleeves were too tight. I have one and don't have 24x36 prints in it because of this. Did someone fix this? I have a friend who is looking for a decent one. Also, anyone know of a reasonably priced one.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
benton95

Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:08 pm

Just ordered the Barpque deluxe storage portfolio & should be in the mail, along with the weights.

With the link below, you can get 10% of your order from baroque.

https://goo.gl/2HzoHC
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:28 pm

benton95 wrote:Just ordered the Barpque deluxe storage portfolio & should be in the mail, along with the weights.

With the link below, you can get 10% of your order from baroque.

https://goo.gl/2HzoHC
thanks for the link, I was going to buy just the inserts but the portfolio was on sale & I figured if I was going to be buying multiple inserts I might as well get the right portfolio. Once I get the sheets & the book i'll compare the pages for others & upload some pictures. It says that they're not shipping until Jan
mtarail
Art Expert

Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:12 pm

FWIW I really like the portfolio that the artvault sells. It's basically like a big 18 x 24 Itoya (you can't open it up to remove sleeves). The sleeve size is so much better than the old portolio cases. Just big enough to get stuff into the sleeves without stressing. Look like they're sold out now, though.

https://theartvault.co/
stonecutterjeff
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:28 am

Really wish the barqque were just a little bigger. Bought 2 24x36 and a crappy print got caught up sliding in and bent a corner. Feel like I’m always gonna bend the print sliding it in.
hillsj2001
Art Expert

Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:02 pm

stonecutterjeff wrote:Really wish the barqque were just a little bigger. Bought 2 24x36 and a crappy print got caught up sliding in and bent a corner. Feel like I’m always gonna bend the print sliding it in.
i just purchased the biggest one they offer because of this fear...gonna suck waiting til march for it to ship
klav

Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:04 pm

hillsj2001 wrote:
stonecutterjeff wrote:Really wish the barqque were just a little bigger. Bought 2 24x36 and a crappy print got caught up sliding in and bent a corner. Feel like I’m always gonna bend the print sliding it in.
i just purchased the biggest one they offer because of this fear...gonna suck waiting til march for it to ship
Same. Going to be a long wait.
DMBfan
Art Expert

Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:09 am

ugh. Wish I knew a bigger size was coming out. The 24 x 36 from Baroque is just too tight...I expected oversized like the description. Not happy. There is no reason prints should be hanging out the top like they do.