Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:31 pm

rhythmgtr5 wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
rhythmgtr5 wrote:
Cbjornson wrote:Anyone else going down to Decorah this weekend for Mornin Delight?
I'll be there for session 2. Excited to try morning delight and all the term oil variants
How was it?
It was my first time having morning delight and I was blown away. Very maple forward without being cloying. Thick body and no heat. The event itself was well run with exception of how long it took to get additional pours of the stouts. The lines for those taps were outside and open to the public while the lines inside the brewery for the ticket holders only had ipas.

Additionally tg had stated that there would be 5 term oil variants on tap but there were only 2 available at any given time. I tried the kopi luwak and 18a variants. Both very good but I preferred the adjunct less 18a.
This batch of MD is stellar. Best I've had since probably B2. That said, the Andes Mint Term Oil was a mess. Pudding Goggles at Forager on the way down was just icing on the cake! Great weekend!
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:48 pm

So jealous!

Glad you guys enjoyed yourselves.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:28 am

Cbjornson wrote:
rhythmgtr5 wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
How was it?
It was my first time having morning delight and I was blown away. Very maple forward without being cloying. Thick body and no heat. The event itself was well run with exception of how long it took to get additional pours of the stouts. The lines for those taps were outside and open to the public while the lines inside the brewery for the ticket holders only had ipas.

Additionally tg had stated that there would be 5 term oil variants on tap but there were only 2 available at any given time. I tried the kopi luwak and 18a variants. Both very good but I preferred the adjunct less 18a.
This batch of MD is stellar. Best I've had since probably B2. That said, the Andes Mint Term Oil was a mess. Pudding Goggles at Forager on the way down was just icing on the cake! Great weekend!
i really wanted to hit Forager when i was back home but time just didnt allow. seems like they are turning out some good stuff.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
IowaClint
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 27, 2018 9:09 am

I was in session 2 at TG as well. This batch of MD is awesome. It pretty much matches MD B2 really well. I can't wait to pop one of my B2's and this years to do a side by side. I tried 18A and the Monkey fudge Term oils. 18A all the way. I heard from most folks they loved the non adjunct better than the flavors. We only got to try 2 cause that is what they had on tap for our session.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:12 am

I had MD B3 and it was amazing..easily amongst the top 5 stouts I've had and probably the best non-BA stout I've had, I'd relish any opportunity to try it again :drool:
the smell out of the bottle was intense, copious amounts of maple and coffee..two weeks after opening the bomber it still smelled fantastic..worth every penny I paid to procure a bottle
relentlesskevin
Art Expert

Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:19 am

Yet another great beer from singlecut, aged even better than the first time I had it!
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:04 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
Cbjornson wrote:
rhythmgtr5 wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:
How was it?

i really wanted to hit Forager when i was back home but time just didnt allow. seems like they are turning out some good stuff.
Forager is making the best beer in the state of Minnesota IMO - I've never had a better stout than Nillerzzzzz. I doubt I ever will.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:30 pm

How are Moksa stouts? Anybody tried any?
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
fredo
Art God

Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:09 am

Had one of these locals tonight. Semi-solid punning aside (link) it was nice.
https://behemothbrewing.co.nz/beer/collusion
just a foil for me today, thanks
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:20 pm

Cbjornson wrote:Anyone else going down to Decorah this weekend for Mornin Delight?

Oh dang, I was in session 4. Bought the last three packs of King Sue. Ended up selling one to a sob story guy. Would have been cool to meet up
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:00 pm

Snagged some of Grimm's recent stuff, nice for the end of Summer.

ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:27 pm

decided to kill a bit of the Darkness vertical recently.. so far...

14 BA > 16 BA > 11 > 15 > 16 > 17... still have a few holes to fill in.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:10 am

FrankBooth wrote:Snagged some of Grimm's recent stuff, nice for the end of Summer.

[img]GRIMM%20cans[/img]
I've been hitting Grimm on the way home after OH on Saturday nights when OH doesn't sell out and have been quite happy about it. The gravity of smile was damn tasty.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:18 pm

1xRun Referral
infrared90s
Art Expert

Tue Sep 11, 2018 5:49 pm