Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:38 pm

Codeblue wrote:Ya I was thinking of hitting Other Half first but of course it's the furthest subway ride away from where I'm staying. Might just try to hit them in order of distance. Why don't ya like Singlecut anymore? I thought Heavy Boots was great when I tried it in a bottle a few months ago.
They make solid stuff but are a bit one note, also they are at the ass end of Astoria (My neighborhood) and out of the way honestly.

Finback is probably the best in Queens but LIC is also close behind and Fifth Hammer is real nice too.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Codeblue wrote:Ya I was thinking of hitting Other Half first but of course it's the furthest subway ride away from where I'm staying. Might just try to hit them in order of distance. Why don't ya like Singlecut anymore? I thought Heavy Boots was great when I tried it in a bottle a few months ago.
If you're going to OH you should definitely go to Threes Brewing in Brooklyn as well.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:47 pm

I'll be staying in Astoria, which is why I mentioned Singlecut. Looks like a 14 minute subway ride. LIC and Fifth Hammer are also pretty close at about a 30 min subway ride.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
guryter
Art Expert

Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:01 pm

If you're mad close then yeah check it out, but finback and LIC are def higher up there. Singlecut's cans were also getting pricey for a bit and just laughable through distro, not sure if that's still the case.

Threes is close to OH but they're another spot I'd skip. Make OH your priority, let everything else fall into place. Hit me up if you want to meet for a beer, I might make the trek if they drop cans that day 8)

:pint:
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:12 pm

Codeblue wrote:I'll be staying in Astoria, which is why I mentioned Singlecut. Looks like a 14 minute subway ride. LIC and Fifth Hammer are also pretty close at about a 30 min subway ride.
Gotcha, I would say make a grouping out of the LIC side (Astoria and LIC are right next to each other)

In LIC you have LIC Beer Project and then pretty close to each other are Fifth Hammer, Alice, Transmitter and Rockaway.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:29 pm

guryter wrote:If you're mad close then yeah check it out, but finback and LIC are def higher up there. Singlecut's cans were also getting pricey for a bit and just laughable through distro, not sure if that's still the case.

Threes is close to OH but they're another spot I'd skip. Make OH your priority, let everything else fall into place. Hit me up if you want to meet for a beer, I might make the trek if they drop cans that day 8)

:pint:
One of the major gripes folks had in addition to expensive cans, was the inconsistency of the cans from batch to batch and some infection issues..singlecut has lowered thier prices at the brewery from $20-22 for double dry hopped imperial ipa's to $18-20 which is a step in the right direction, as far as infection issues..ive never had any myself, but it was definitely an issue with folks on BA
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:05 pm

jlabbate wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:hauled back a few beers from MN/WI.. 51 cans and bottles in total.

surprise find of the trip.. Weyerbacher SMS.

surprised you never had Sunday Morning Stout before :shock:
that's gotta be right up your alley!
it's a freakin awesome beer!..and it's usually $17 4/pk here, which also makes it a great value (compared to BCBS and the like)
ive had it many of times and love it. i was surprised to find it. i figured it would have been long gone.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:40 am

Bourbon County Line-up announced for 2018...some surprises! :shock:

Bourbon County Brand Stout

Reserve Bourbon County Brand Stout (aged in 12-year-old Elijah Craig Barrel Proof bourbon barrels)

Proprietor's Bourbon County Brand Stout (blended with dark chocolate and two types of cocoa nibs)

Bourbon County Brand Wheatwine (replacing usual release Bourbon County Brand Barleywine; wheatwine is barleywine with wheat in the grain bill)

Bourbon County Brand Vanilla Stout (aged with vanilla beans; the return of a popular release first made in 2010)

Bourbon County Brand Bramble Rye Stout (aged in rye whiskey barrels, then gets an addition of raspberry and blackberry juice and puree; another former favorite)

Bourbon County Brand Coffee Barleywine (debuting this year; an English-style barleywine with Intelligentsia coffee beans from Guatemala)

Bourbon County Brand Midnight Orange Stout (made with chocolate and orange zest)

http://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct ... story.html
kcn0
Art Expert

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:11 am

No coffee stout?! That is a disappointment. The labels of “dark roast” could have made a comeback from the recent years.

Some strange ones in there... I’ll probably go to FOBAB and figure out what to go for other than prop, Reserve, bramble, and vanilla.

Looking forward to another expensive Black Friday.
Last edited by kcn0 on Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & anything Phlegm
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 am

I was excited for Horchata and Neopolitan. Bummer!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
HisBobness
Art Expert

Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:49 pm

Codeblue wrote:I passed on this year's batch. Last year was the first year I got it and I was pretty underwhelmed by it fresh. Have 2 bottles left and might try one soon and leave another for another year.
kansasbbq wrote:
Codeblue wrote:I passed on this year's batch.
Oof!
Codeblue wrote:Not really.
kansasbbq wrote:Really.
This beer always lives up to the hype. Plus, it's excellent trade bait.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:52 pm

I figured he was referring to its tradeability, but I don't do much in the way of trades these days, and it was def too hot right off the tap and from the bottle last year. Glad yer #stoked tho.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
kansasbbq
Art God

Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:12 am

At Curveball:

Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
fredo
Art God

Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:39 am

Because all good things in life come in brown bags

#ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhsnap
just a foil for me today, thanks
chalkdust