Site Update - Capital Fundraising

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:14 am

Yeah, the company or team you are using sounds like garbage. Pretty sure you can go online and find someone competent tomorrow.

Make sure you leave some neg feedback on whatever site you got them from. Oof.
felocin
Art Expert

Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:50 pm

That's a bummer to hear, hoping some action is taken soon to either motivate the company not following through with their end of the deal or dumping them for a competent service that can do what they've been paid for. Seems like with the money requested a professional website service could be obtained, though not sure how much was actually raised.
mike123230
Art Expert

Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:04 pm

again, like a weekly or bi-weekly update would be great. Even if the update is "sorry guys, there's really not much of an update." The long stretches between even an acknowledgement here is what I think is upsetting people.
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:47 pm

mike123230 wrote:again, like a weekly or bi-weekly update would be great. Even if the update is "sorry guys, there's really not much of an update." The long stretches between even an acknowledgement here is what I think is upsetting people.
Paid by the people, for the people. Should be complete transparency, but instead we are left with virtually nothing. I am about to go on a 6+ month deployment and i expect to come back to the same antiquated site.... :clap:
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:10 pm

mike123230 wrote:again, like a weekly or bi-weekly update would be great. Even if the update is "sorry guys, there's really not much of an update." The long stretches between even an acknowledgement here is what I think is upsetting people.
That's where we disagree. I think it's even MORE frustrating - to the public AND more so to the person who has to write it (me) - to post that type of note over and over. As mfaith has said, there hasn't been anything to report, so it's sort of pointless to do so.
As for finding other possible options, we DID. I solicited options and bids for 18 months prior to starting this from a variety of companies and individuals. We reached out constantly to the public/members here. Know how many actual bids we were able to get? 3. A whopping 3. And two of those came at a LOT of time on my end to push and hash things out. My own feeling is that we're deemed not large enough profile to get the attention of most companies and so putting in a bid just didn't fit. Or maybe I'm wrong on that, but simple note is that there were not a lot of options to choose from.
In current (and again, as mfaith already correctly stated), this is a business dealing NOT someone not shipping a tube here. You can't just run out in public when you're trying to assess the best means of managing the situation and being able to move forward. And at this point, that's what we're trying to figure out. But we're also still doing this on borrowed time from our full time jobs and families, so it's not exactly easy to always find and time the energy needed to get it done like it was our 9-5 gig.
Tra la la la la...
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:29 am

I’m sure if you asked Bottleneck for some IT help, they probably would have at least passed a name along
mike123230
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:52 am

Yamar wrote:
That's where we disagree. I think it's even MORE frustrating - to the public AND more so to the person who has to write it (me) - to post that type of note over and over. As mfaith has said, there hasn't been anything to report, so it's sort of pointless to do so.
As for finding other possible options, we DID. I solicited options and bids for 18 months prior to starting this from a variety of companies and individuals. We reached out constantly to the public/members here. Know how many actual bids we were able to get? 3. A whopping 3. And two of those came at a LOT of time on my end to push and hash things out. My own feeling is that we're deemed not large enough profile to get the attention of most companies and so putting in a bid just didn't fit. Or maybe I'm wrong on that, but simple note is that there were not a lot of options to choose from.
In current (and again, as mfaith already correctly stated), this is a business dealing NOT someone not shipping a tube here. You can't just run out in public when you're trying to assess the best means of managing the situation and being able to move forward. And at this point, that's what we're trying to figure out. But we're also still doing this on borrowed time from our full time jobs and families, so it's not exactly easy to always find and time the energy needed to get it done like it was our 9-5 gig.
We can disagree on this, and recognizing that you and I do not have the same sort of client-provider relationship, but if a client emailed me and I didn't respond for weeks because I had no update, I would either (a) lose that client, (b) get a stern talking to from my higher ups, (c) get fired, or (d) some sort of combination thereof. "No updates" is still an update as it at least informs people that it's at the very least on the site's admin's radar. I've been brought up to believe that silence is much more deafening in these sorts of situations.
noweyesee
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:17 pm

Never seen so many pissed off $5 donors before. Yelling at the mods isn’t going to help the situation, I’m sure they are more frustrated about how this has played out than anyone else. Give it a rest.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:31 pm

I'm fine with a lack of updates granted functionality returns eventually. its obviously complicated, I appreciate the mods who keep this place alive. I would rather the site not boot me every refresh tho.
+1 for unpinning (and maybe scratching the latter half of the title) of this thread
fredo
Art God

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:22 pm

You gotta talk to Moe about that.

ps So we're clients now? Sweet. Take me to lunch, EB. By the water's fine.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:53 pm

noweyesee wrote:Never seen so many pissed off $5 donors before. Yelling at the mods isn’t going to help the situation, I’m sure they are more frustrated about how this has played out than anyone else. Give it a rest.
Pretty sure most who donated put in more than #igot5onit. fudge, one duke put in a g (then again a g to him is prolly like $10 to most people).
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
SwampButt
Art Enthusiast

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:13 pm

Yeah kickstarter pledge money gets refunded if the project isn’t completed. Hilarious how this site is like the most ratchet one I visit, yet it pleaded for a fulfilled donation goal
fredo
Art God

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:26 pm

You're great though.
just a foil for me today, thanks
1000steps
Art Expert

Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:53 am

mfaith wrote:we're all in this together
When an authority figure says this, hold your wallet and sanity tight, cuz things goin get ugly
Welcome to the sleaze pit
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:07 pm

I'm a member of the community... (with as much or more invested than anyone else). Silly goose
So it goes...