LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Jun 28, 2018 1:28 pm

matowest wrote:VOLTRON THO
:clap:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
starkdesign
Art Expert

Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Been away from the thread for a bit while on vacation, and lots to catch up on!

Went to the LEGO store in Orlando while out, and snagged a few sets, including the Saturn rocket (finally), the bonus book set (gonna modify it to be a Harry Potter book set once those minifigs come out lol), and managed to find a LEGO storefront set! (40305)

not only that, my dad gave me his older x-wing set 10240! he didn't have any shelf space for it (thx to his purchase, the Bugatti) so he figured I wouldn't mind taking it since I got the UCS MF lol

dudes, that Bugatti is SWEEEEEEET too. the packaging is super nice when you open it, top notch.

AND HOLY CRAP THE NEW HARRY POTTER MINIFIGS CAN'T WAIT TO GET A BOX OR TWO!!!

yeah voltron woohoo, ehh i'll pass prob, but damn it looks cool too.
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:57 pm

Lego HP sets are available early on lego.com and at Target. Ordered a big Hogwarts to start for now! hoping to swing by Target tonight and see if the minifigs are out yet too...
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:28 pm

starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:49 pm

posted on LEGO facebook today...

Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:17 pm

But will there be a Pussy Galore mini fig?
KSUvet
Art Expert

Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:31 pm

:shock:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
starkdesign
Art Expert

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:09 pm

heads up for fellow HP fans, Target is having an event in two weeks

LEGO Harry Potter fans, it looks like there’s an event at Target that you may be interested in attending for some cool swag. On Saturday, July 21 from 11am-2pm, Target will be holding a free Harry Potter 20th Anniversary event and it looks like some of the giveaways, while supplies last, include a LEGO Harry Potter branded Hogwarts crest cinch bag and a poster featuring Harry, Hermione, and Ron. It also looks like there’s an opportunity to enter to win a brick-built Hedwig statue. If you’re heading to San Diego Comic Con 2018, you’ll notice that the Target event is held on the same day so you’ll have to figure out your priorities. I’ll probably have to find the giveaways on the secondary market as I’ll be at SDCC.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:20 pm

Thanks for the heads up Stark!
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:14 am

More info on the HP minifig box counts. Looks like there is only 1 of Percival Graves in each box, so that will be the one to nail down first if you are a completionist!

Count for each from a full box:

Harry Potter:
3 – Harry Potter (Hogwarts Uniform)
3 – Hermione Granger
3 – Ron Weasley
3 – Draco Malfoy
3 – Neville Longbottom
3 – Cho Chang
3 – Dean Thomas
3 – Lord Voldemort
3 – Dobby
3 – Cedric Diggory
3 – Filius Flitwick
3 – Mad-Eye Moody
3 – Albus Dumbledore
2 – Luna Lovegood
2 – Sybil Trelawney
2 – Harry Potter (Invisibility Cloak)

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them:
3 – Newt Scamander
3 – Porpentina Goldstein
3 – Jacob Kowalski
3 – Queenie Goldstein
2 – Credence Barebone
1 – Percival Graves

Here is a set of images for each minifig, if you need to reference them while feeling bags:

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-wizard ... h-details/
Jamilton
Art Expert

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:04 pm

So now that TRU is gone, where does one go to get minifigs at retail? Is Target the best bet? I'm definitely going to want to track down some of the HP minifigs.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:17 pm

Jamilton wrote:So now that TRU is gone, where does one go to get minifigs at retail? Is Target the best bet? I'm definitely going to want to track down some of the HP minifigs.
Yeah Target is usually the best place to go, other than a LEGO store. Sometimes they pop up at Walmart, but thats been iffy for me. And Walgreens too, but usually I find just a few there, and almost always they are a gen or two behind lol
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:20 pm

Another fun fact, looks like the kid legs in the HP blind bags BEND?! :O

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index. ... nt-2991621
bluebirdsong
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:31 am

starkdesign wrote:Another fun fact, looks like the kid legs in the HP blind bags BEND?! :O

Whoa
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:49 am

bluebirdsong wrote:
starkdesign wrote:Another fun fact, looks like the kid legs in the HP blind bags BEND?! :O

Whoa
For reals.

I did read up more on this, and they aren't technically the kid legs, nor are they the standard ones.

They hit in between the two, a middle height, or as some are calling them now, teen legs lol

Image Image