Horkey/Dead Arts Rumors and News

General art-related discussion.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:37 pm

piper27 wrote:I dig the lettering. Wish he would do more of the old school illedgible graffiti stuff. The lettering in that Lana Del Ray sketch book is where it's at IMO
:cheers:
So it goes...
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:46 pm

That's one hell of a gig poster :notworthy: :rockin:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
piper27
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:26 pm

mfaith wrote:
piper27 wrote:I dig the lettering. Wish he would do more of the old school illedgible graffiti stuff. The lettering in that Lana Del Ray sketch book is where it's at IMO
Proof
Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.
davethewave
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:57 pm

How will these be sold?
Stingers
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:31 pm

At the shows the prints were made for.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:15 pm

see, I think the opposite. To me, the lettering here (and image as a whole) is just way too busy. Looks messy as drymount to me. I can appreciate the talent, but composition has to come in to it somewhere.
I miss stuff like this, and is the reason why I haven't purchased his work in some years.

agr719
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:17 pm

Non-gig poster/lettering related, saw this browsing reddit:

https://www.afp.com/en/news/205/scienti ... oc-1759ps2
mcnail wrote:Ha, EB, y'all crazy.
davethewave
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:03 pm

Stingers wrote:At the shows the prints were made for.
Well yeah... I mean folks line up early, how many per show?
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:40 am

davethewave wrote:
Stingers wrote:At the shows the prints were made for.
Well yeah... I mean folks line up early, how many per show?
Ya figure there's 10 shows on the tour with Amenra for the blue edition of 325 @ 32 1/2 prints per show. The red edition of 185 covers 5 shows with Birds in a Row @ 37 prints per show. I'm gonna guess 25 prints per show available from merch? Maybe 30 if we're lucky?

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
Stingers
Art Expert

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:31 am

Might sound obvious but there will only be a per show amount sold if the headliners specifically request it.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:38 am

Stingers wrote:Might sound obvious but there will only be a per show amount sold if the headliners specifically request it.
I hear ya. Denver is the 2nd show on tour with Birds in Row so there should be a few prints left over after the Albuquerque show. That's what I'm hoping. Ironically enough, last Converge show was also a Horkey print @ the Triple Rock back in '12. Fingers crossed.

> THC X 9 <
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:59 am

comountaingolf wrote:
Stingers wrote:Might sound obvious but there will only be a per show amount sold if the headliners specifically request it.
I hear ya. Denver is the 2nd show on tour with Birds in Row so there should be a few prints left over after the Albuquerque show. That's what I'm hoping. Ironically enough, last Converge show was also a Horkey print @ the Triple Rock back in '12. Fingers crossed.

Hmm, 3rd stop is within striking distance. I'm pretty sure I would not enjoy this show, but now I'm thinking about getting a ticket. 8)
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:04 am

KSUvet wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:

Hmm, 3rd stop is within striking distance. I'm pretty sure I would not enjoy this show, but now I'm thinking about getting a ticket. 8)
Ya figure you're spending $30+ to spend $40+ on the poster(s) but Converge is H I G H energy live and Neurosis is legendary, so I have a feeling it's going to be a drymounting blast!

> THC X 9 <
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:41 am

It will be an amazing show.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
KSUvet
Art Expert

Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:22 pm

I wish I knew if there was a number of copies per show limit. Did they let people buy multiples of the owl at Converge Minn? I seem to remember a lot of people coming away empty on that one.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi