Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:34 pm

guryter wrote:Yikes. Gotta go contacts for that stuff. What show?

Not having 20/20 vision, peeve.
My eyes don't tolerate contacts (tried for a few weeks and never stopped being unaware of them); really I just need to make the time for Lasik.

Frank Turner show. Was actually a pretty low-key pit, unfortunately I got hit from the side, and as I was counterbalancing I get hit from the back which sent me to the floor. By the time I stood up and realized my glasses were off my face they were gone.
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:36 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:

My eyes don't tolerate contacts (tried for a few weeks and never stopped being unaware of them); really I just need to make the time for Lasik.

Frank Turner show. Was actually a pretty low-key pit, unfortunately I got hit from the side, and as I was counterbalancing I get hit from the back which sent me to the floor. By the time I stood up and realized my glasses were off my face they were gone.
Lasik is down to a few hundred per eye per latest radio ads. Don't know the fine print but it was $2k only a while back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:47 pm

rubberneck wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:

Lasik is down to a few hundred per eye per latest radio ads. Don't know the fine print but it was $2k only a while back.
Was just looking (squinting) at fine print on one of those ads - ~$220 price point is 1.00 or below Rx; 1.25 - 2.00 is $1299 and 2.25 and up is $1799; so that $220 is a very limited audience (I am not part of it).
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:06 pm

iwokeinrelief wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:

Was just looking (squinting) at fine print on one of those ads - ~$220 price point is 1.00 or below Rx; 1.25 - 2.00 is $1299 and 2.25 and up is $1799; so that $220 is a very limited audience (I am not part of it).
Cheers, never did read it, so its still realistically $2k an eye for most folk. :hanging:

Both my brothers had it done, but I'm a contacts kinda guy. I figure it's not worth messing with, dry eyes and other potential eye/sight aberrations afterwards put me off. I reckon compared to diabetes, epilepsy, asthma or other such daily ailments, glasses/contacts are a small price to pay.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:41 pm

drymounting cops.

Got pulled over for speeding today. Drove away with three drymounting tickets: speeding, tinted windows (front), and a drymounting license plate cover! Have been driving the car with tinted windows for about 9 years or whatever long I own it (I bought it that way) and passed two safety inspections over the years. The license plate cover went on the day I bought the car. And the license plate cover was the highest fine! Apparently there is a law in Alberta that I cannot have one. I got probably half a dozen of speeding tickets in that vehicle, never a drymounting problem. drymounting cops. I speed on the highway, I get it. Just give me a drymounting speeding ticket for whatever fast I was going, it's fair. Better yet, go do something useful. Wasted half an hour of my time too.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:43 pm

you should slow down
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:47 pm

I was going 123 (according to him) in a 100 zone, so I think I was doing ok. AND he got me when I was passing a vehicle (it's a one lane each way highway).
pj101ca
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:51 pm

120 in a 100 zone isn't bad. on a one lane each way i can see why he nabbed ya though.

that's why I love the 401. people honk at you to get out of the way when you're doing 130. :lol:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:54 pm

For a second I thought ya meant MPH, then remembered yer in fuggin Canada.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:56 pm

pj101ca wrote:120 in a 100 zone isn't bad. on a one lane each way i can see why he nabbed ya though.

that's why I love the 401. people honk at you to get out of the way when you're doing 130. :lol:
401 is great until it gets plugged. Got a ticket or two there as well back in the day :lol:
pj101ca
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:58 pm

Codeblue wrote:For a second I thought ya meant MPH, then remembered yer in fuggin Canada.

Bring your Honda Civic up north blue! take er for a spin on the trans-canada. (watch out for moose!)
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:01 pm

Codeblue wrote:For a second I thought ya meant MPH, then remembered yer in fuggin Canada.
Never got caught for going that fast in mph. Too old for that fudge now, so I slowed down quite a bit. Not slow enough, apparently.

First time I got a ticket for anything other than speeding.
bubbie
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:01 pm

pj101ca wrote:

Bring your Honda Civic up north blue! take er for a spin on the trans-canada. (watch out for moose!)
:lol:
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:07 pm

rubberneck wrote:but I'm a contacts kinda guy gal.
When I turned 40, I found that I needed reading glasses to read, (while wearing my contact lenses for distance.) I inquired with my doctor about bifocal contacts - it couldn't be done...something about the eyeball shape. Anyway, he recommended trying what's called mono-lensing. My left contact was a prescription for reading; while the right was prescribed for distance. It was the best thing EVER...my brain made the appropriate adjustments allowing me to read perfectly without the reading glasses. This doesn't work for everyone, but it's worth a try if you find yourself with the same problem.
bubbie wrote:Never got caught for going that fast in mph. Too old for that fudge now, so I slowed down quite a bit.
Having children changes things...you start living a bit more carefully. I know I did. I sold my motorcycle (small - 350 Honda) also, because I didn't want my son to ask for one as he got older. I sure miss that thing, though. The only reason I'd buy another is if I lived in a quake zone...as a bug-out bike. Heh.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:00 pm

bubbie wrote:drymounting cops.

Got pulled over for speeding today. Drove away with three drymounting tickets: speeding, tinted windows (front), and a drymounting license plate cover! Have been driving the car with tinted windows for about 9 years or whatever long I own it (I bought it that way) and passed two safety inspections over the years. The license plate cover went on the day I bought the car. And the license plate cover was the highest fine! Apparently there is a law in Alberta that I cannot have one. I got probably half a dozen of speeding tickets in that vehicle, never a drymounting problem. drymounting cops. I speed on the highway, I get it. Just give me a drymounting speeding ticket for whatever fast I was going, it's fair. Better yet, go do something useful. Wasted half an hour of my time too.

Did he call you a hoser?
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart