THE VACVVM: Official Discussion Thread

General art-related discussion.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:55 pm

*All horkey purchases will include a 20% off framing coupon
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:00 pm

I do wish pressure printing would offer a framed option.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:12 pm

talkingdeads wrote:I do wish pressure printing would offer a framed option.

HI MATT :heart:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:32 pm

I would sure like to see actual photos instead of the jpg representation. I'm not sure if I like it $200 worth yet.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
noweyesee
Art Expert

Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:44 pm

They are actual photos
forumjibber1

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:27 pm

Aaron posted video of the variant on his instagram story just now...
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:54 pm

noweyesee wrote:They are actual photos
Are you sure? The photos of the emboss are obviously real but the photos of the whole piece looked a little too good/fake and there's a little drop shadow around it. Maybe it's just a good photo setup, but it's not an obvious "print with a table underneath" shot like a lot of them. I'm probably over thinking it. :lol:
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:56 pm

Yep :D
So it goes...
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:01 pm

KSUvet wrote:
noweyesee wrote:They are actual photos
Are you sure? The photos of the emboss are obviously real but the photos of the whole piece looked a little too good/fake and there's a little drop shadow around it. Maybe it's just a good photo setup, but it's not an obvious "print with a table underneath" shot like a lot of them. I'm probably over thinking it. :lol:
I don't know about the reg, but the last photo of what I assume is the silver one I'm pretty sure is real - it's a bit warm lighting-wise.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:10 pm

For those asking for a video, Aaron has one of variant in motion on his IG stories
So it goes...
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:46 pm

mfaith wrote:For those asking for a video, Aaron has one of variant in motion on his IG stories
Stupid question, but that is an ink border around the perimeter of the print, correct? It's looks raised but I am sure that is the way it is supposed to look. I like it one way or the other..
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:48 pm

aldobishalini wrote:
mfaith wrote:For those asking for a video, Aaron has one of variant in motion on his IG stories
Stupid question, but that is an ink border around the perimeter of the print, correct? It's looks raised but I am sure that is the way it is supposed to look. I like it one way or the other..
It looks like it's foil stamped like the main image. Not raised, but impressed.
So it goes...
aldobishalini
Art Expert

Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:53 pm

mfaith wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
It looks like it's foil stamped like the main image. Not raised, but impressed.
Still can't decide which one I am going for, what are you leaning towards?
BISHALINI.com (My Collection) Image

“Weather forecast for tonight: dark. Continued dark overnight, with widely scattered light by morning.”
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:12 pm

I like both, but I'll withhold judgement as to which is my favorite, until I see them both up close. ^_^ I think, perhaps, people who dig the Steel Grey variants he's done on prints in the past, will probably be more into the Silver, and vice versa. I feel like it loosely parallels that sort of distinction.
So it goes...
veltri
Art Expert

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:45 pm

Good tvne
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.