That's what she said
iambillyg
Art Freak

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:19 pm

Never change.
EgoDeath
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:25 pm

I do agree with the base sentiment of what you said, Mondo is not at the top of their game and there has been very little put out for the majority of this year that was appealing.

That being said, the majority of last year was a complete shitshow in terms of quality and shipping times. The shitty Wonder Woman print job, the poor color separations on darker prints like the Friday the 13th print, the Bullit poster that shipped as a completely different size that was advertised, the 4-5 month shipping delays on basically everything, the missing Alien tiki, the list goes on. I imagine this lull is due to having such a rough year last year that they want to catch up on stuff, it feels like they were releasing 3-4 prints every week last year all while shipping times were, by most accounts, ridiculous for people who wanted their print quicker than they were able to get it to them.

But I agree, everything they've dropped in the last six months outside of the Monsters show has been sub-par - curious to see what they'll bring to comic-con next month though.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:43 pm

lol. okay dudes.

is this where we also talk about the bubble bursting?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
howdyall
Art Expert

Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:49 pm

KingOfNothing wrote:... which btw isn't an indication of how many years I had lurked here prior, I just had better things to do with my time than to be writing posts about limited paper.
And now you don't, it would seem

which is the fundamental premise of this site and hobby, I guess, so congrats on finally accepting your place in the fold
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:09 pm

howdyall wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote:... which btw isn't an indication of how many years I had lurked here prior, I just had better things to do with my time than to be writing posts about limited paper.

which is the fundamental premise of this site and hobby, I guess, so congrats on finally accepting your place in the fold
DAMMMMnnnnnNNNNN.Gif
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:22 pm

So it goes...
IronBott
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:05 pm

Love that Megaman
There is a manga feel to it
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:35 pm

mobius006 wrote:
howdyall wrote:

DAMMMMnnnnnNNNNN.Gif
Savage!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
howdyall
Art Expert

Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:01 am

rubberneck wrote:
mobius006 wrote:
howdyall wrote:

DAMMMMnnnnnNNNNN.Gif
Savage!
That'th Mithter Thavage to you, buthter
VenomAT
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:47 am

Anyone else gotten to a point that they don't even try to get a Mondo drop? Three years I have only been successful once, and really just focus attention to bottleneck and others works chance.

Off to see what price the fallout prints settle at on ebay.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:49 am

No. That drop was cake. Shoot me a pm next time you need a pb.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:50 am

VenomAT wrote:Anyone else gotten to a point that they don't even try to get a Mondo drop? Three years I have only been successful once, and really just focus attention to bottleneck and others works chance.

Off to see what price the fallout prints settle at on ebay.
If you're missing these prints, then its probably time to pick a different hobby.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:52 am

toobs wrote:shocking not shocking in regards to SDCC mondo exclusive - Thank you for submitting your interest. You were not randomly selected to participate. Thank you for your continued support. We encourage you to check our website frequently for updates.
lol, updates on things you can't buy! Kthanxbai!
hunterjax
Art Expert

Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:58 am

finneganm wrote:They’re still putting out quality pieces. Some of it is fudge, but some of it has always been fudge. If anything it’s peak complaining.
This.

I'd put up the Killing of Sacred Deer against pretty much anything of the "top Mondo years" output. I mean I love the Stout and Moss SW trilogies, but Killing is easily a more interesting piece of art than any of those 6. Tougher property to get the widespread "recognition" on it like a SW movie will, but I think it's objectively a better piece of art (que all the "art's SUBJECTIVE DOOSH-HOLE '16er!!")