Random Posts & Chaos

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:30 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
sixstringer wrote:So the International House of Pancakes is now the International House of Burgers?

I still wouldn't touch that fudge with a 10ft pole.
Apparently some temporary marketing thing to promote their burgers. Because when I think of IHOP, I totally think of getting burgers there.
and Burger King is trolling them by renaming themselves Pancake King

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:42 pm

I can't eat Burger King burgers. Blech! Can't stand the heavy charcoal taste. I've often wondered if it's fake flavoring that they put on them.
fredo
Art God

Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:45 pm

My guiltiest of guilty pleasures - double BK burger....plain....plus black pepper.
just a foil for me today, thanks
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:23 pm

Whopper with cheese floats my boat.

There was some double bacon double cheese get up about in the noughties that got my attention.

But I'll always return to a whopper when heavily inebriated and clamoring for some salty greasy goodness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:01 pm

IWish wrote:I can't eat Burger King burgers. Blech! Can't stand the heavy charcoal taste. I've often wondered if it's fake flavoring that they put on them.
The two times I've had a whopper, I've gotten sick and later vom'd up what appeared to be just the seasoning they sprinkle on them. :lol:
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:11 pm

Don't think I've ever had one.
So it goes...
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:29 pm

How do they create the charcoal flavor? I find it unlikely that they cook the burgers over a charcoal grill. It has to be fake flavoring that's been added. Yuck!

I rarely eat fast food, but I'll drive out of my way to hit-up an Arby's for a roast beef sandwich before I eat BK...any day.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:02 am

IWish wrote:How do they create the charcoal flavor? I find it unlikely that they cook the burgers over a charcoal grill. It has to be fake flavoring that's been added. Yuck!

I rarely eat fast food, but I'll drive out of my way to hit-up an Arby's for a roast beef sandwich before I eat BK...any day.
I don't know about charcoal per se, but a quick google search shows that they are, indeed cooked over a flame broiler (on a conveyor belt)
So it goes...
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:33 am

I read a few online articles about it after your post. That's what gives their burgers such a strong flavor. Could be the grease drippings causing smoke that gives a stronger charred taste. I read their buns are also sent through the conveyor grill to toast...which probably increases the charred flavor, too.

I guess, in my case, too much of a good thing ruined it...for me.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:46 pm

I like Burger King and think their whopper is one of the better burgers for fast food. However, I've been burned by them a couple of times recently. First, they're promoting the new sourdough sandwiches, which I tried. They weren't bad but the buns were unlike anything in the ads I'd seen on TV or in store. What I got was 2 pieces of white bread barely toasted it seemed. I thought maybe it was just that BK that I went to. So when I was out of town I went to a local one to try their sourdough breakfast sandwiches and same thing. Same 2 pieces of white bread barely toasted. And then this past weekend I tried out their pretzel chicken fries. I've had their regular chicken fries in the past and wasn't overly impressed but I was curious enough to give these a shot. Didn't taste any pretzel seasoning. Just regular chicken fries. Although, I did do the 2 for $6 as well and I tried out the spicy chicken sandwich which was a pleasant surprise.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:54 pm

I prefer Wendy's burgers...even though they have a ton of salt added. Heh. That's probably why I like them. When convenience of fast food isn't a factor...there is nothing like a burger made fresh at home - but, that goes without saying.

I used to buy the grilled breakfast sandwiches at Jack In The Box...very good. They raised all their prices, though, when minimum wage went up. So, I don't go there anymore...no longer in my budget.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:57 pm

I can't believe any adults can eat the stuff they serve in McDonald's, BK, Jack in the Box, Wendy's, etc... Been years since I ate at one of those places. The stuff they serve doesn't even resemble food and I always feel greasy/dirty just being there. They all stink too...
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:01 pm

I rarely eat fast food, but when I do...I have my fav go-to places. Most of the time, I search for copy-cat recipes and make 'em at home. This way, I know exactly what ingredients are included (quality and fresh ingredients...spices and such.)

All things in moderation is my motto - that goes for fast food, too.

As for the breakfast sandwich, I've no issues with that one (besides the increased price). It's made from real ingredients...can't really hide fake/substitute ingredients in that sandwich. I'm also most likely to order fish sandwiches...tuna and such.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Found out today that the Wizard's Weir Grotto is near the nuke plant I perform surveillance on. Guess I am going to have to pay him a visit.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
finneganm
Art Freak

Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:42 pm

Kramerica wrote:Found out today that the Wizard's Weir Grotto is near the nuke plant I perform surveillance on. Guess I am going to have to pay him a visit.
Let’s all take out a nice fat life insurance policy on Kramerica. Just in case he, I don’t know, ends up starving to death in a hand dug well in some eccentric person’s basement.
That's what she said