Westworld on HBO

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby SPAC04 on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:32 pm

I thought it was a good episode. Nice interlude, very well made, great piano cover music when Ake is in Delos complex.
SPAC04
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:24 pm

cotis wrote:there's an interesting moment in last episode (Ghost Nation) where Ake is in the town with everybody dead. he sees the vulture sitting there as he's walking through town.

In S1:Ep10 Bicameral Mind

At the beginning of this episode, Teddy arrives in Sweetwater (oops, maybe it's Escalante). As he walks thru the street a voice (Arnold?) says, "remember". Teddy immediately has a flashback of the massacre - in the flashback everyone is dead on the ground, except he sees and makes eye-contact with Dolores as she strolls thru and the wolf runs past between them.
Last edited by IWish on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby iambillyg on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:41 pm

Speaking of Bicameral Mind...Ford's final speech

Good evening. Since I was a child... I always loved a good story. I believed that stories helped us to ennoble ourselves, to fix what was broken in us, and to help us become the people we dreamed of being. Lies that told a deeper truth. I always thought I could play some small part in the grand tradition. And for my pains... I got this. A prison of our own sins. 'Cause you don't want to change, or cannot change. Because you're only human after all. But then I realized someone was paying attention, someone who could change. (Akecheta.)

So I began to compose a new story for them. It begins with the birth of a new people and the choices they will have to make. And the people, they will decide to become. And we'll have all those things that you have always enjoyed: surprises and violence. (Season 2.)

It begins in times of war, with a villain, named Wyatt. (Dolores.) And a killing. (Ford.) This time by choice. I'm sad to say, this will be my last story. An old friend once told me something that gave me comfort. Something he had read. He said that Mozart, Beethoven and Chopin never died, they simply became music. So I hope you will enjoy this last piece... very much.

cotis wrote:
iambillyg wrote:Image
iambillyg
Art Freak

KingOfNothing wrote:It's not Mondo it's more like Mondone.

Postby IWish on Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:07 pm

I just discovered the current year/timeline in Westworld. This is probably old news to most of you. Was the date (current year) truly an easter egg or an error? I read somewhere that the image was taken down by HBO shortly after it was discovered.

http://www.businessinsider.com/when-is- ... ce-2016-12
IWish
Art Expert

Postby earlgreytoast on Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:34 pm

Rewatched S2 E8 Kiksuya just now on a Father’s Day headful... :pint: :pint:

drymounting brilliant.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Postby Darkknight37 on Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:01 pm

Solid ep. Can’t believe there’s only one left.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Postby IWish on Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 am

Hearing William's wife saying, "Is this real? Are you real?", numerous times during the last episode was interesting. It reminded me of the Logan scene where he kept saying that he was in the wrong world. That Logan scene made me think that his mind/data was, somehow, able to escape the Forge.
IWish
Art Expert

Postby mfaith on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:14 pm

Finale tonight! :pint:
mfaith
EB Team

Image Image ImageImageImage

Postby Devours on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:51 pm

I don't want Clementine to die. I assume she will be used against Maeve. Brilliant season though and fine acting from everyone. Love it!
Devours
Art Connoisseur

Postby theperfecttree on Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:02 pm

show is a beautiful hot mess. I love it. Halfway, or so, through the season I could feel the absence of Ford/Hopkins. Glad he's showing up here and there more. Time for the finale...
theperfecttree
EB Team

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:28 pm

I think the even the writers got lost in their mazes.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby bryndavies on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:37 pm

What a great way to take this. At least I think so.
bryndavies
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C.

Postby cotis on Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:37 pm

:clap:
cotis
Art Expert

Postby squalie on Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:27 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I think the even the writers got lost in their mazes.

Yeah, I need to see season 2 in a single timeline. #mybrainhurts
squalie
Art Expert

Postby Devours on Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:35 am

What a great episode that felt complete as any finale could be. Great writing. Loved that loose ends were tied up. A few things that stood out for me...

Ake being reunited with his wife in the digital hereafter, a peaceful but resolute leader for the rest of them.

The amazing Bison sequence that was way too short. Nothing like a glorious rampage of incredible animals.

The tragedy of Clementine still having no free will in her actions.

Sizemore redeems himself with a song.

Hale getting her comeuppance but only after she murders naive Elsie.

Logan being a physical representation for The System was a nice cohesive choice to explain ALL of it lol.

Bernard following the same awareness sequence as Dolores but the moral imperative is the exact opposite. And what a smart cookie he is. #teambernard

Maeve will be rebuilt by her human engineers as well as her loyal crew who fell earlier.

Stubbs being a host all along which showed a ton in every scene where he was overly protective and sensitive of their treatment.

Dolores (hopefully) carrying Teddy and her father in her purse for that city life. She had 5 I think but cannot recall who the other 2 could be?

Loved that post credit scene, 'Subject 2' was shown to be the almost successful host/human hybrid after Delos. You deserve much worse Sir.

Bernard feeling the sheer delight of free will, so perfectly exposed in a smile as he leaves his house

I would have Anthony Hopkins babies any day of the week.

Would feel completely happy if the Series ended there. Going to rewatch both seasons this week to enjoy all the small recognitions and ohhhhh moments.

/freeze all motor functions.
Devours
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV