Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:11 am

soam24 wrote:Finally up and mining. Very excited.

Putting this solar power to use.

:pint:
Nice! Keep us posted on how it goes.

Also, this is such a headscratcher as to why everything is still so down. Nothing but good news week after week so idk if it will be weeks, months or a year but when the bounce happens I think it will hit fast. I imagine most of the money is sitting in fiat on the sidelines as opposed to people cashing out for USD.

But then again, who knows. I have gotten better with checking Delta less and less... makes life easier, lol.
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:50 am

63schoeffling wrote:
soam24 wrote:Finally up and mining. Very excited.

Putting this solar power to use.

:pint:
Nice! Keep us posted on how it goes.

Also, this is such a headscratcher as to why everything is still so down. Nothing but good news week after week so idk if it will be weeks, months or a year but when the bounce happens I think it will hit fast. I imagine most of the money is sitting in fiat on the sidelines as opposed to people cashing out for USD.

But then again, who knows. I have gotten better with checking Delta less and less... makes life easier, lol.

Agreed on checking less and less.

As long as staying up on potential news and partnerships just gotta keep packing those bags!

I'm torn as what to mine, still all new for me. My main goal is to accumulate ETH, however, it's very tempting to mine coins and hope for a moon.
1000steps
Art Expert

Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:54 am

bubbie wrote:P.S. The irony is that it is priced in RIP £.
A much bigger irony is that there is no option to pay for the print with bitcoin or other cc. A rather spectacular irony, one might say.
rikkirattoe wrote:If anyone was ever curious as to why Warren Buffett hates crypto with a passion, well maybe it's because he's got an agenda to push in trying to prevent something that's set to rock the world he currently rules, the stock market.
Buffett has trashed cryptocurrencies as investment vehicles, and his reservations can probably be summed up by pointing out that cryptocurrencies are called "currency" but are not currency in any widely accepted use of the term. Nor are they particularly 'crypto' anymore.

On the other hand, Buffett hasn't said peep about blockchain - which means he probably understands the value of that tech better than most, and Berkshire Hathaway is probably seeking to buy up blockchain patents and companies. Of course Buffett wouldn't publicly hype his own blockchain acquisition efforts, as it would drive up M&A costs. He is too cunning to make an egotistical and amateurish move like that.

When you believe you have Warren Buffett figured out, it's good to remind yourself that you most likely believe exactly what he wants you to believe. He snookers far smarter people than any of us before eating breakfast.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:18 pm

Good time to buy.

I put a bit more into BTC and ETH. Going to play around a little more in making money with some short-term holds. I got in when ETH was at $521 and BTC was at $6,780. Looks like I'm already down. I'm terrible at this.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:37 pm

jjbehren wrote:Good time to buy.

I put a bit more into BTC and ETH. Going to play around a little more in making money with some short-term holds. I got in when ETH was at $521 and BTC was at $6,780. Looks like I'm already down. I'm terrible at this.
Just throw some money in and hold until it pops off again. Then cash some out and hold and wait for another drop to stack up.

Set it and forget it.
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:52 pm

63schoeffling wrote:

Just throw some money in and hold until it pops off again. Then cash some out and hold and wait for another drop to stack up.

Set it and forget it.

Personally hoping for another tiny dip here to get a full ETH share at $500
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Big hacks adding to dropage.
soam24
Art Freak

Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:38 pm

PLUSH wrote:Big hacks adding to dropage.

Keeping orders on exchanges..
jjbehren
Flipper

Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:09 pm

63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:03 am

jjbehren wrote:Is this real? Why ETC?

https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/100 ... 03905?s=19
Makes no sense, but the only thing I can think of is maybe CB has a gazillion dollars worth of it from the fork, ha. ETC is a straight up trade token... I guess people still make money trading it. In the long run I don't think it will matter much anyway because I expect there to be a boatload of tokens on Gdax.
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:45 am

63schoeffling wrote:
jjbehren wrote:Is this real? Why ETC?

https://twitter.com/coinbase/status/100 ... 03905?s=19
Makes no sense, but the only thing I can think of is maybe CB has a gazillion dollars worth of it from the fork, ha. ETC is a straight up trade token... I guess people still make money trading it. In the long run I don't think it will matter much anyway because I expect there to be a boatload of tokens on Gdax.

Not sure on the ETC either, moving on..
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:49 am

Looks like the right time to buy for me. Surprised BTC went below that 6800 mark.
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:56 pm

No surprise, no volume BTC = go down.
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:08 pm

yea, adding ETC seems like a way for Coinbase to get rid of their stacks from the fork :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: this market sucks
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:59 pm

soam24 wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:

Set it and forget it.

Personally hoping for another tiny dip here to get a full ETH share at $500

Edit: Didn't buy, waiting for $450