LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
edgar
Art Expert

Fri May 18, 2018 1:14 pm

I have a $25 LEGO gift card...looking to trade for equal card from any of the following:

Best Buy
Amazon
Ebay
Bed bath beyond

Anyone here?
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
chimpun
Art Expert

Fri May 18, 2018 3:01 pm

I like that R2 seems to be oriented correctly on the latest X-Wing. Though I will say it was fun tooling around with different mods to make R2 sit in it correctly and still look neat and allow for the wing mechanism to work.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Mon May 21, 2018 4:36 pm

Ready for the next one in the series

Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
mrkyuss
Art God

Wed May 23, 2018 4:28 pm

New Trains are awesome.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
edgar
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2018 9:26 am

edgar wrote:Anyone considering getting into the modular game?

I have three used buildings that need a new home.

Palace Cinema
Detective's Office
Parisian Restaurant

They are presently built and a little dusty but have also been adult owned and are in perfect condition.

A quick wash is all that’s needed to make the bricks look brand new.

I’d like to send all 3 to the same place.

$420 for the trio, shipped if you’re in the US.

They have instructions but no boxes.

…Going twice...eBay is next. Anyone?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri May 25, 2018 12:03 pm

:pint:
Last edited by Codeblue on Fri May 25, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2018 1:24 pm

edgar wrote:
edgar wrote:Anyone considering getting into the modular game?
I have three used buildings that need a new home.

Palace Cinema
Detective's Office
Parisian Restaurant

They are presently built and a little dusty but have also been adult owned and are in perfect condition.
A quick wash is all that’s needed to make the bricks look brand new.
I’d like to send all 3 to the same place.
$420 for the trio, shipped if you’re in the US.
They have instructions but no boxes.
…Going twice...eBay is next. Anyone?
Would be a good deal if they were all sealed in the box, as it looks like would cost about $500 to buy all 3 sealed.
Opened with no boxes though.....You can buy all 3 for a little over $300 on ebay
edgar
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2018 2:22 pm

BENYOUNG20 wrote: Would be a good deal if they were all sealed in the box, as it looks like would cost about $500 to buy all 3 sealed.
Opened with no boxes though.....You can buy all 3 for a little over $300 on ebay

Ok...BENYOUNG “About $500” = 560.37. I just went and checked the lowest prices including shipping on the three buildings and added them up.

Feel free to take your chances buying used on Ebay. My rep here speaks for itself.

That said, in honor of your post I’ll drop the EB price to $350 and add a flower cart, a fountain, a hot dog stand and other fun stuff to populate the buyer’s new 3 building street.
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Fri May 25, 2018 3:16 pm

edgar wrote:
BENYOUNG20 wrote: Would be a good deal if they were all sealed in the box, as it looks like would cost about $500 to buy all 3 sealed.

Ok...BENYOUNG “About $500” = 560.37. I just went and checked the lowest prices including shipping on the three buildings and added them up.

Feel free to take your chances buying used on Ebay. My rep here speaks for itself.

That said, in honor of your post I’ll drop the EB price to $350 and add a flower cart, a fountain, a hot dog stand and other fun stuff to populate the buyer’s new 3 building street.
$350 + throwing in bonuses! now you are talking!
And Just from my math:
$209 eBay 183238266987
$150 eBay 142806320367
$160 eBay 222985682241
$519 total including shipping (about $500)

But either way best of luck, I wish I had room for these sets as I love them all!
sonicboom
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 28, 2018 10:34 pm

Managed to get Ninjago City, Destiny's Bounty and Garmadon for 30% off at TRU. Not sure if I just had good timing.

They also had the Taj Mahal for 30% off.
applehead
Art Expert

Tue May 29, 2018 12:37 pm

Has anybody been to Lego Land? And is it worth the time and money?
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 29, 2018 12:49 pm

applehead wrote:Has anybody been to Lego Land? And is it worth the time and money?
I went a long time ago and I'm not a big lego fan and it was fun. They have done a lot more since then so should be fun.

Came to post this though from Mightyjaxx...
Lego.jpg
mightyjaxx Till pen-knives, screwdrivers and other random tools do us apart! I Will Never Le(t)go by I Love Doodle @limhengswee releases this Saturday, 2 June, at 10am EDT!
golobulus
Art Expert

Tue May 29, 2018 12:51 pm

applehead wrote:Has anybody been to Lego Land? And is it worth the time and money?
I've been to the one in Carlsbad, CA. Took the family a few months ago. It's definitely geared to smaller kids (<10) in terms of the rides but my kids have enjoyed it. Walking through the displays is the part I enjoy more than the rides.
applehead
Art Expert

Tue May 29, 2018 1:40 pm

Thx for the info. We just had a baby girl (8 weeks old already and time is flying), and I know I loved legos growing up, not sure about my wife. We're taking a family vacation to LA/SD for a week and I saw this thread and remembered about Lego Land. We will have to wait to visit. If we went now, it would be more for me than our little one or wifey.

Thx for both replies w/ info.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Tue May 29, 2018 4:29 pm

Just wanted to chime in as well on this topic...

Which legoland are you aiming for? Really there are two different kinds, the "Discovery Center" ones that are smaller and usually in malls etc, and the large theme park ones, like in Florida etc.

The small ones are good for a half-day trip and def more for smaller kids. They have a couple of small rides and building zones, etc, but not much else. well, and a gift shop. but they don't take the VIP cards since they aren't technically a lego store (but some still give you a discount if you show them your card).

the larger theme park ones are awesome, worth a full day at least. larger rides, lots more exhibits, a great selection of GIANT builds and models, cool displays with tons of models and scenes...and yeah a gift shop or two. once again, don't think they honor VIP stuff since they aren't lego stores either, but they have great stuff for sale that most places don't have.

either way, tons of fun for AFOLs and kids. highly recommend hitting both kinds as least once! :clap:
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image