Netflix Streaming Finds.

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 10:12 pm

ryefish75 wrote:
pjsteelerfan wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
FrankBooth wrote:Really like the remake of Lost In Space, the younger actors were all quite good too which is a rarity.
The young lady playing Penny is especially good - love her attitude and Parker Posey's Dr. Smith has potential. I am 3 episodes in and while there have been some slow bits, I am overall enjoying it.
I enjoyed lost in space, hope it gets a 2nd season
I'm with ya'll on this, with one episode to go. I'll enjoy having to watch it all again just before season 2 begins- I'm sure they'll renew with all the hype.
I just finished it and there is definitely some room for a great second season. Fingers crossed they get it.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
IWish
Art Expert

Fri May 04, 2018 10:22 pm

I decided to watch the 1st episode of LIS and like it. I ended-up binge watching the entire season the following day and a half.

I watched...maybe... 2 1/2 episodes of the new Star Trek...can't get into it. It's getting a 2nd season which surprised me. :lol: Has anyone watched past the 3rd episode? Is it worth a watch? (oops...I don't think ST is Netflix.)
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Mon May 07, 2018 4:45 pm

IWish wrote:I decided to watch the 1st episode of LIS and like it. I ended-up binge watching the entire season the following day and a half.

I watched...maybe... 2 1/2 episodes of the new Star Trek...can't get into it. It's getting a 2nd season which surprised me. :lol: Has anyone watched past the 3rd episode? Is it worth a watch? (oops...I don't think ST is Netflix.)
I think ST is a CBS streaming only thing. Not sure it has been release to Netflix.

*Putting on my nerd hat* watched the documentary The Secret Rules of Modern Living: Algorithms and very much enjoyed it.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
ryefish75
EB Team Emeritus

Tue May 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Started watching "The Rain," a Danish post-apocalyptic Netflix Original series. It's good filler, since I'm between season releases of my favorite shows. Good premise, strong female lead, token annoying child-adolescent boy, somewhat meandering storyline. It's drifted into the Walking Dead Season 4-5 mode early on, but I'm invested, so I'll ride it out. It's dubbed, but I've been watching in sub-titles (which seem to miss a lot of dialog). Along the line of the 2008 BBC series Survivors.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Tue May 15, 2018 4:39 am

Evil Genius: The True Story of America’s Most Diabolical Bank Heist -
https://letterboxd.com/film/evil-genius ... ank-heist/

A bizarre story and well worth a look.

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Tue May 15, 2018 9:25 am

ryefish75 wrote:Started watching "The Rain," a Danish post-apocalyptic Netflix Original series. It's good filler, since I'm between season releases of my favorite shows. Good premise, strong female lead, token annoying child-adolescent boy, somewhat meandering storyline. It's drifted into the Walking Dead Season 4-5 mode early on, but I'm invested, so I'll ride it out. It's dubbed, but I've been watching in sub-titles (which seem to miss a lot of dialog). Along the line of the 2008 BBC series Survivors.
I started it the other day. I'm enjoying it. The dubbed part bothered me, but then I discovered on my roku, you can change it to the original language under subtitles. Wish I'd known that on Dark.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Tue May 15, 2018 10:05 am

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:I just finished it and there is definitely some room for a great second season. Fingers crossed they get it.
They announced it will be happening.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
Irishman12
Art Expert

Tue May 15, 2018 12:46 pm

duckyhoward wrote:Evil Genius: The True Story of America’s Most Diabolical Bank Heist -
https://letterboxd.com/film/evil-genius ... ank-heist/

A bizarre story and well worth a look.

Nice. I saw the trailer and it piqued my interest. I've got it on my list of things to watch.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue May 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Same. ^ It looks awesome.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
pjsteelerfan
Art Expert

Tue May 15, 2018 1:49 pm

heard a lot of people talking about evil genius, don't remember much about the case. But they all say to watch it first, then do any reading about it.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue May 15, 2018 2:00 pm

It’s a good doc if you like the true crime stuff, which I do, but it’s nothing special outside of the story itself.
ImageT.K.C.
rubberneck
Art God

Tue May 15, 2018 2:57 pm

bryndavies wrote:It’s a good doc if you like the true crime stuff, which I do, but it’s nothing special outside of the story itself.
Watched it last Saturday. Well produced and not too long. Worth a watch.

Crazy small town dynamics are always fun to watch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
ciphe
Art Expert

Tue May 15, 2018 3:04 pm

rubberneck wrote:
bryndavies wrote:It’s a good doc if you like the true crime stuff, which I do, but it’s nothing special outside of the story itself.

Started it last night, liking it so far. Any other true crime stories worth watching?
rubberneck
Art God

Tue May 15, 2018 3:39 pm

ciphe wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

Started it last night, liking it so far. Any other true crime stories worth watching?
Might be a bit out of date but a good start:

https://www.bustle.com/p/19-true-crime- ... ng-2440068
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
fallstaff
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 17, 2018 2:03 am

I don't see any remarks on the series Safe. Maybe I'll give it a shot.