Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
soam24
Art Freak

Tue May 08, 2018 5:10 pm

It's been a minute for me around these parts... Hope everyone is still packing them bags. :pint: :pint: :pint:
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu May 10, 2018 10:17 am

Bunkers for the Wealthy Are Said to Hoard $10 Billion of Bitcoin

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... spartanntp
bunker.JPG
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
soam24
Art Freak

Thu May 10, 2018 11:43 am

granted, marty is a huge bitcoin maximalist and hates everything else, this isn't the first time I've read about EOS being shady. I'd like to think it's just FUD, but ..
Note: I hold EOS.

"
Let me preface this rant with the fact that this is pure speculation. I have no direct proof to prove this, but the EOS crowdfund that's been going on for almost an entire year is one of the fishier ICOs in the space if you ask me. And most of these ICOs are extremely fishy in my book. However, EOS in particular, spearheaded by frequent scammer Dan Larimer, seems to have ulterior motives. It is nonsensical that they need anywhere near the amount of money they've raised up to this point, which is well over $2 Billion. They're promising to launch with over 1,000 applications ready to go on their platform, which is mentioned in this Youtube video with Brock Pierce and Vinny Lingham.

I just find it extremely hard to believe that 1.) they need that much money to build software and 2.) that they have nearly enough developer interest/talent to follow through on their promises. Couple this with the fact that they're already moving $1B+ into a bunch of shell companies that plan on "contributing" to the EOS ecosystem and I am officially calling bullshit. The length of the crowd-raise and the amount of money raised in total, which is magnitudes of order beyond what any software project needs, leads me to believe that people are using EOS to launder money amongst dumb retail investors and an uncertain regulatory environment. drymount this project."
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu May 10, 2018 12:58 pm

Yeah, I cashed out of EOS completely. I don't see it going anywhere in the short term.... a lot of things rub me the wrong way and I would rather throw my money at things I believe in down the road.

That being said.... ZRX is on fireee!!! Something tells me there is a big announcement coming and not a normal PnD taking place over the last few weeks.
hax0n
Art Expert

Thu May 10, 2018 2:33 pm

Codeblue was right :D
Codeblue wrote:
hax0n wrote: So here is what I have come up with to store/save wealth during the impending FIAT Currency paper-storm:

1) Gold & Silver Bullion - Has intrinsic value, has been a store of wealth for centuries.
2) Food/Seed - Everyone has to eat and during any crisis food prices shoot up and shelves clear.
3) Cash - Get Cash from the bank, it will be good during the initial phase of the crisis when banks close and cash is the only form of payment accepted.
4) Alt Currency (Bitcoin) - Unregulated, Encrypted, Secure, Anonymous. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin
Forgot the most important thing:
gorkie wrote:Bunkers for the Wealthy Are Said to Hoard $10 Billion of Bitcoin

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets ... spartanntp

electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
gorkie
Art Freak

Thu May 10, 2018 4:19 pm

Y'all best get your artwork moved in there quick.

http://survivalcondo.com/
silo.JPG
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
toobs
Art Expert

Fri May 11, 2018 10:18 am

No me gusta this Friday morning....did I miss something?
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri May 11, 2018 10:27 am

toobs wrote:No me gusta this Friday morning....did I miss something?
Yada yada, South Korean exchange accused of fraud, something or another..... ensuing standard BTC dip causing everything else to dip as well, yada yada.

Buy more..... then wait for everything to go back to normal when people somehow still get fooled by FUD. Pretty standard at this point.
soam24
Art Freak

Fri May 11, 2018 10:42 am

Big blockchain meetup in NYC this weekend. Bulls gonna run.
toobs
Art Expert

Fri May 11, 2018 11:29 am

63schoeffling wrote:
toobs wrote:No me gusta this Friday morning....did I miss something?
Yada yada, South Korean exchange accused of fraud, something or another..... ensuing standard BTC dip causing everything else to dip as well, yada yada.

Buy more..... then wait for everything to go back to normal when people somehow still get fooled by FUD. Pretty standard at this point.
jus read the stupid fud .... kinda stoked, it's been a min but bought some more dip :drool:
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 11, 2018 2:55 pm

soam24 wrote:granted, marty is a huge bitcoin maximalist and hates everything else, this isn't the first time I've read about EOS being shady. I'd like to think it's just FUD, but ..
Note: I hold EOS.

"
Let me preface this rant with the fact that this is pure speculation. I have no direct proof to prove this, but the EOS crowdfund that's been going on for almost an entire year is one of the fishier ICOs in the space if you ask me. And most of these ICOs are extremely fishy in my book. However, EOS in particular, spearheaded by frequent scammer Dan Larimer, seems to have ulterior motives. It is nonsensical that they need anywhere near the amount of money they've raised up to this point, which is well over $2 Billion. They're promising to launch with over 1,000 applications ready to go on their platform, which is mentioned in this Youtube video with Brock Pierce and Vinny Lingham.

I just find it extremely hard to believe that 1.) they need that much money to build software and 2.) that they have nearly enough developer interest/talent to follow through on their promises. Couple this with the fact that they're already moving $1B+ into a bunch of shell companies that plan on "contributing" to the EOS ecosystem and I am officially calling bullshit. The length of the crowd-raise and the amount of money raised in total, which is magnitudes of order beyond what any software project needs, leads me to believe that people are using EOS to launder money amongst dumb retail investors and an uncertain regulatory environment. drymount this project."
I personally am not in love with EOS like it's the end all be all of crypto however there are people out there who's opinions I definitely respect in crypto who are absurdly bullish about EOS (like $500 an EOS in a year bullish). For that reason alone I'm keeping a decent stake in it. That said, if it were to flop, I don't have enough into it that its gonna kill my portfolio either.

Wait and see...
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Fri May 11, 2018 3:50 pm

I just don't get how anyone could say $500 EOY. If you look at ETH last year it made sense.... almost every token in the top 100 was an ERC-20 token. How many projects does EOS have coming up? I honestly don't know the answer. I don't think it's going to zero, but $500 EOY makes less sense than NEO at $500 EOY.

But that's just my .02
tulip1637
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 11, 2018 6:05 pm

tulip1637 wrote:any of you wage cucks take a look at nuls yet?
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 11, 2018 6:28 pm

63schoeffling wrote:I just don't get how anyone could say $500 EOY. If you look at ETH last year it made sense.... almost every token in the top 100 was an ERC-20 token. How many projects does EOS have coming up? I honestly don't know the answer. I don't think it's going to zero, but $500 EOY makes less sense than NEO at $500 EOY.

But that's just my .02
Not EOY, in a year. There are people out there absolutely rabid over EOS.