EB Site Issues & Upgrades

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
jtravisa
Art Enthusiast

Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:26 pm

Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to give someone a screen when they're signing up that tells them about how linking to Ebay keeps this site running. Might even throw in some text about how you can improve rank/status.... You could add a line about linking to Ebay in the beginning of ISO emails.
applehead
Art Expert

Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:02 pm

Is there a thread of "Bugs and Known Issues" with the EB site? Most recently, I am having issues adding Ebay sales. Should we start a thread for bugs and know issues, or put that info in this thread? Please advise.

Thank you for all the great work you All do to keep this site up and running. It's been such a great resource for so many people, for a very long time. Thank you kindly!!
Gamehenge74

Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:29 pm

I've been on this site for 12 years (albeit a rather lax in activity type member), and this is the first I've heard of a percentage of eBay sales feeding back into the site. This info def needs to be more overt.

Also... whatever did happen to the EB print series? I dug on those quite a bit - Still have sitting in my collection EB-11 (Wood), EB-10 (Pollock), EB-08 (MMM), EB-07 (Phillips), EB-06 (Kozik), and EB-05 (Hampton). Did these not result in enough profit to make the venture worth while?
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:53 pm

Gamehenge74 wrote:I've been on this site for 12 years (albeit a rather lax in activity type member), and this is the first I've heard of a percentage of eBay sales feeding back into the site. This info def needs to be more overt.
There is a big, bright, pink box at the top of the For Sale/For Trade forum page that says:
If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum.
There is also a thread pinned to the top of the For Sale/For Trade forum page entitled "Support EB: Use eBay board codes" with the instructions: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 10&t=27136
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:02 pm

HOW ABOUT A YUGE POPUP EVERY TIME WE LOG IN?!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Gamehenge74

Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:49 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:
Gamehenge74 wrote:I've been on this site for 12 years (albeit a rather lax in activity type member), and this is the first I've heard of a percentage of eBay sales feeding back into the site. This info def needs to be more overt.
There is a big, bright, pink box at the top of the For Sale/For Trade forum page that says:
If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum.
There is also a thread pinned to the top of the For Sale/For Trade forum page entitled "Support EB: Use eBay board codes" with the instructions: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 10&t=27136
True...It is on top of the FS/T forum page... however, Just from my personal experience, I don't frequent the forum all too often. I know the sales I've engaged in, I tend to link to from the FS/T tab of a specific print I've searched. Perhaps place a notification on the templates for those pages as well?
RiotAct
EB Team

Sat Nov 12, 2016 10:03 am

Make Feedback Great Again!

(by Great, I mean Functional).
mattlew69
Art Expert

Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:05 am

RiotAct wrote:Make Feedback Great Again!

(by Great, I mean Functional).

Whats up with the feedback?
smokeycat
Art Expert

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:11 pm

This belongs here instead.
So now I get this when I try and post a comment :x :
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x91\x8D' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: support@expressobeans.com

Hope this one posts....
ImageImageImage
mobius006
Art Freak

Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:56 am

EB, so nice, you login twice.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Anyone else having issues with images loading when viewing Collection, Trades, etc? Constant question mark icons here.
fredo
Art God

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:04 pm

Plenty of image issues to go around. Weird ones, too. On the phone all of my ISOs currently on ebay come up blank except for one Kozik.
just a foil for me today, thanks
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:56 pm

iambillyg wrote:Anyone else having issues with images loading when viewing Collection, Trades, etc? Constant question mark icons here.
mfaith wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
Jpup wrote:I keep getting a : 500 Internal server error when trying to upload pics??
pic is too big i think....i believe the limit is 250 kB. Don't know how others upload nice quality pics on here...N00B status haha
No, that's a different error (and the limit is 1MB). The 500 internal server error is due to the fact that the server is in need of a refresh. Also causing a lot of the thumbnails to not load right now, and other anomalies with the DB (like me not being able to approve anything...). A ticket has been filed and we're hoping it'll be refreshed soon. But it isn't just you. :)
So it goes...
Marcolica

Thu May 03, 2018 3:00 pm

mfaith wrote:
iambillyg wrote:Anyone else having issues with images loading when viewing Collection, Trades, etc? Constant question mark icons here.
mfaith wrote:
aldobishalini wrote:
Jpup wrote:I keep getting a : 500 Internal server error when trying to upload pics??
pic is too big i think....i believe the limit is 250 kB. Don't know how others upload nice quality pics on here...N00B status haha
No, that's a different error (and the limit is 1MB). The 500 internal server error is due to the fact that the server is in need of a refresh. Also causing a lot of the thumbnails to not load right now, and other anomalies with the DB (like me not being able to approve anything...). A ticket has been filed and we're hoping it'll be refreshed soon. But it isn't just you. :)

Any news on the ticket? And is it just me or are there no new additions to the data base since last week?
apuyana

Thu May 03, 2018 3:11 pm

Issues for me as well, some images load, some do not.