Did you exercise today?

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby ccsmd598 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:58 am

I also forgot to add this yesterday...

BUY YOURSELF A JUMPROPE - Easily one of the most overlooked pieces of equipment to own and you can take it literally anywhere. Start with regular single-under jump roping. If you can learn how to do double-unders, it is a time investment that is highly worth it and rewarding in many ways to your fitness. It does take some time and frustration to get there :)

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-bear ... f_cid=4981

ccsmd598
Art Expert

Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!

Postby Vorpel on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:53 pm

soam24 wrote:Also, for diet. Not sure if anyone else does this but I've been doing intermittent fasting for about 5 months now and I feel like my body is burning more of the food I eat at a faster pace. There was an initial weight loss period and now I seem to be maintaining.
I don't eat anything after 7:30 at night or before 8:30 in the morning.

This is encouraging to hear! I just started on my goal of fasting for 12 hours a day/5 days a week (Monday through Friday). I've been seeing more and more people talk about fasting as a good weight loss strategy (combined with exercise and a proper diet). My worst eating habits are after dinner, so hopefully this will help.

Edit: forgot to mention - at 34 days straight of exercising and closing my rings (Apple Health/Watch thing). 7 more days to break my longest streak from last year...!
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:51 pm

Nice to see this thread in action! Well done everybody. Keep it going :pint: :clap:

Run streak is still alive. Within a month of the 2 year mark.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby ccsmd598 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:51 am

Coming off of a week-long stomach virus (still at the tail end of it) and just getting back into the swing of things with my workouts (low-intensity resistance training for now). Being out of commission for almost a week and not being able to do what you want to do physically really gives you a newfound appreciation for your health, even with something acute like this. It definitely made me sit down and re-prioritize and refine my goals, diet, etc. even more.

Also!

I was fortunate enough to just put an order in last night for a new Concept 2 indoor rower! My fiancee just finished her pharmacy residency and was hired straight-out so bought me one for my birthday as a thank you (very big thank you!) for supporting her all throughout. Can't wait to bring it outside in the summer and scare the neighbors!

ccsmd598
Art Expert

Postby bryndavies on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:27 pm

I’m down 30 lbs and fresh off a vasectomy. Lock up your wives.
bryndavies
Art Expert

ImageT.K.C.

Postby ccsmd598 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:54 pm

bryndavies wrote:I’m down 30 lbs and fresh off a vasectomy. Lock up your wives.

ccsmd598
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:59 pm

^
Great gif :lol:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby soam24 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Keep up the good work everyone. My twice a week hockey league just ended so going to pick back up with some good old fashioned outdoor running.
soam24
Art Freak

Postby FrankBooth on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:08 pm

Went with a friend of mine to Blink earlier, tried to keep it conservative and focused on introducing myself back to running with leg presses, upper body weights and abominable workout mixed in. I liked that cadence and surprised myself, as I always had asthma creep up in the past but not once tonight.

Trying to secure a bike for some commuting and exercise in the warmer weather, want to also do Yoga again as I liked doing it when I was younger. Have to focus on rearranging my diet as well.

Again, thanks for all the advice!
FrankBooth
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage Image

Postby evilpresence on Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:17 am

ccsmd598 wrote:
I was fortunate enough to just put an order in last night for a new Concept 2 indoor rower! My fiancee just finished her pharmacy residency and was hired straight-out so bought me one for my birthday as a thank you (very big thank you!) for supporting her all throughout. Can't wait to bring it outside in the summer and scare the neighbors!

Grats. I’m in the process of getting a Ski Erg to compliment my C2 indoor rower. Dark Horse Rowing on youtube has great form videos which is key to prevent injury and discouragement. The Pete Plan is a great 24 week plan to get you going. GarageAthlete also has a workout plan (haven’t done it yet) and his experience with indoor rowing speaks for itself.
evilpresence
Art Expert

Postby FrankBooth on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:18 pm

Part 2 in place

Got this beauty for a fantastic price.

Road 7 Miles home through Queens streets.

FrankBooth
Art Expert

Postby iwokeinrelief on Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:33 pm

Nice wheels!

My road bikes are hands down my favorite means of exercise; just got done tuning my main one up to start taking out in the mornings again.
iwokeinrelief
Art Expert

Postby ccsmd598 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:05 am

evilpresence wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:

Grats. I’m in the process of getting a Ski Erg to compliment my C2 indoor rower. Dark Horse Rowing on youtube has great form videos which is key to prevent injury and discouragement. The Pete Plan is a great 24 week plan to get you going. GarageAthlete also has a workout plan (haven’t done it yet) and his experience with indoor rowing speaks for itself.

Ski Ergs are awesome! - Jealous! The more torture machines you have, the better :lol: I have an assault bike and (now) C2 rower, will need the Ski Erg eventually to complete the "unholy trinity". I'll have to check out that website/videos for sure, thanks for pointing it out :clap:

Do you use your cardio equipment for just strictly cardio, or do you do crosstraining with weights + cardio as well?

Sweet ride Frank! That looks fun :)
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Postby ccsmd598 on Wed May 02, 2018 6:34 am

Rower finally came! Workout room is PACKED! :pint:

let the suffering begin...

ccsmd598
Art Expert

Postby FrankBooth on Thu May 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Did my first ride to work today, 2.7 Miles over the Queensboro bridge.

Have to work on my ascent and getting my gearing right for it, I sputtered out a bit but recovered after to finish.

Ride was 26 minutes to get to work, Bus and train is maybe a little less on a good day so not bad. Once I get a better cadence, should be able to shave that down to 17-20 minutes.

Had down a bunch of hiking in Maine, finishing up on Tuesday and a decent run at the Gym yesterday. So my legs could use a bit of rest after this.

Had her cleaned up a bit too and handles rewrapped

FrankBooth
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Anything Goes