The Walking Dead on AMC

Film flames, episode episodes. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby hunterjax on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:43 am

MooseThompson wrote:
hunterjax wrote:Yeah, it's hard to defend this show, but Timothy's right: that suitcase was left right next to Negan and he even said, "Why would you leave a suitcase full of guns right next to me!?"

The Luggage Cart Zombie was dumb as fudge though.

What's a zombie?

Ha! :D
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby hunterjax on Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:45 am

pittidesart wrote:
hunterjax wrote:Yeah, it's hard to defend this show, but Timothy's right: that suitcase was left right next to Negan and he even said, "Why would you leave a suitcase full of guns right next to me!?"

The Luggage Cart Zombie was dumb as fudge though.

Agreed. I didnt see the the point of it. It served no function other than "lets put some new zombie design here"... But this last episode I did enjoy, I like the mystery around the helicopter and the junkyard they been building this season. I also like the whole "lets make Rick a complete villian while making negan look like a good guy". I have been team negan since the beginning and having rick do what he did this episode seals it for me. I have a feeling we are going to see a different kind of ending to the war then the books.

yeah, it was actually the first episode in a long time that I felt like the story was not only moving forward, but moving in a way that wasn't a watered down version of the book. The death of Carl is like a string-theory/multiverse point of departure for the show to be "Earth-2" opposed to the comics' "Earth Prime."
hunterjax
Art Expert

Kramerica wrote: . . . . . Also, never listen to anything rambo says.

Postby ChefFerrari on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Have not watched any of the new episodes after the mid-season finale.

It's easy to do.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:36 pm

pittidesart wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
davemfan wrote:Negan gets away again.... somehow gets his hands free, grabs a flare and a handgun. Most of the show centered around a kid no one cares about. :hanging:

I wasn't really watching that closely, but it seems like he started wheeling himself around on the creeper before the commercial break and then BAM he has a gun, Mrs. Oscar the grouch's photos and a flare after the commercials - all without actually freeing himself from said creeper. I am assuming she kept those pictures in the Ikea trailer she is living in, so not sure how he got them.

WTF was that walker supposed to do to someone? Do they wheel the thing up and let it bite at someone's pecker? IMO that was someone on the production staff saying "I have a really cool walker display I want to do".

I would have had way more respect for the writers and show had Negan applied Lucille to the back of Mrs Trash's head. He is not supposed to be some deep, philosophical thinker, he is supposed to be a bad guy.

Loving Morgan more and more as he descends.

UH, he wheeled himself over to her suitcase, where she had the gun, pictures, flare etc.. he could have easily used the side of the cart to loosen the wire to get his hands free

Ah, as I said wasn't really paying attention.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby ONEYE on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:57 am

That's it, I'm done with The Walking Dead. I didn't even finish watching the finale. I won't spoil it.

The show started out (Series 1, Episode 1) like eating a great meal, however, the further along you got, the worse the food started to taste. Finally, that last bite, well, it tasted like dukee, rather than continue to chew (and watch till the end of the show), I spite that dukee out, grabbed some vodka, a did a rinse, spit, gargle and spit. Then, just to be sure I got it all out, I lit a match. Done, done, done. I would throat tap the writer, no, full out throat punch the writer(s). Hard.
ONEYE
Art Connoisseur

Postby pittidesart on Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 am

THe final part of the finale is almost identicial to the comic. While I would have prefered them sticking 100% to the source for the final fight, they couldnt do to the way the TV story was written.
pittidesart
Art Expert

Official website: http://www.pittidesart.com
finneganm wrote:You going to start making rugs?

Postby cotis on Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:47 am

2 comments on the finale? wow - glad I skipped this season! :lol:
cotis
Art Expert

Postby schmoff on Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:08 am

it was like a double episode since fear was basically a continuation of the walking dead episode, looking forward to this season of fear since there is no source material and nothing can be spoiled
schmoff
Art Expert

Postby cotis on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:00 am

schmoff wrote:it was like a double episode since fear was basically a continuation of the walking dead episode, looking forward to this season of fear since there is no source material and nothing can be spoiled

so, do I have to watch this season TWD to jump into FTWD? because we like Fear...
cotis
Art Expert

Postby schmoff on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:02 am

no, but the first episode of FTWD is a direct continuation of TWD
schmoff
Art Expert

Postby Philpenn on Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:26 am

Forgot to post last week, but even Negan referred to the trash people as the trash people.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Postby davemfan on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:48 pm

So, after two years (seasons) leading up to the big fight that's how it ends? :hanging: Everybody hates everybody then all of a sudden in the last episode they all become best friends.

Negan has also got to be the first person to get his throat slit and live. Somehow blood gushes like a mofo from his wound but yet he survives it.
davemfan
Art Connoisseur

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Postby 63schoeffling on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:33 pm

Didn't feel the urge to watch one episode this (half?) season. I probably won't.... except maybe the last one and then just watch that minute recap of what I missed, which should not be much.

Sounds like they veered from the comics, which I don't mind. Should be interesting seeing how they handle it, but I just really need to catch back up on the comics.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImageImage

Postby ToolFanFromWayBack on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:22 pm

davemfan wrote:So, after two years (seasons) leading up to the big fight that's how it ends? :hanging: Everybody hates everybody then all of a sudden in the last episode they all become best friends.

Negan has also got to be the first person to get his throat slit and live. Somehow blood gushes like a mofo from his wound but yet he survives it.

"Save him" - Rick

Really!?!? its not like they can rush him to the ER and use all the cutting edge tech to close a jagged neck wound - and wasn't the "doctor" only a medical resident (no offense to real residents)?
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump

Postby chevyav53 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:31 pm

This thread always reinforces the decision to stop watching 2 seasons ago... When Rosanne's show beats your finale in ratings it is time to end the show already.
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

PreviousNext

Return to Cinema/TV