Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:22 am

jjbehren wrote:Should have bought more...

Feels like I've been here before
I don’t think I will ever shake the feeling of wanting to buy more. All I know is that we all all way better off than the people who start buying in later this year and going forward. Had a few months to strengthen positions and get ready to rip it!
1000steps
Art Expert

Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:58 am

"...the number of miners cannot fall below a certain level, because without the miners providing the computing power to maintain the ledger, the bitcoin blockchain will not remain viable...the real concern is that if the price of bitcoin continues to fall, mining will become infeasible, and without enough participants providing the computing power to record the transactions, the transactions will be infeasible and bitcoin will become worthless."

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this- ... 2018-04-12

Welcome to the sleaze pit
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:05 am

63schoeffling wrote:
jjbehren wrote:Should have bought more...

Feels like I've been here before
I don’t think I will ever shake the feeling of wanting to buy more. All I know is that we all all way better off than the people who start buying in later this year and going forward. Had a few months to strengthen positions and get ready to rip it!
I should be cleaning up my portfolio during this time. Or at least formulating a plan as to when I'm getting out of some of the fudge that I accumulated over the last 6 months.

I'm glad I got a little more money in during this dip, and I'm glad I got a piece of WAN when it was low, but I guess I'll always be kicking myself for not taking more profits and rebuying at the lows. Such is the life of a novice investor of a volatile, unregulated, rigged market.

That all being said, I'm far from convinced this dip is over. It's been 3 hours since the pump. And this pump got us back to where we were 9 days ago.
toobs
Art Expert

Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:24 am

i fudged hard during this dip moving bags around ... i was debating hard between stocking up on TRX or EOS ... man i fudged that one for now... lets wait and see where TRX lands next month with main net launch .... i did double/triple my neo bag during the dip so im pretty stoked on that . . . lets see if this mini bull run last more then a few days that would be real nice... i still think there is plenty of buying opportunity to be had in the next month or so, still super cheap prices
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
admhall
Art Expert

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:07 pm

The weekly chart on ETH is shaping up nicely.
ImageStout Lotto "0-fer"

Send Bitcoin here

1EM43nMpSTyZA5hbsgLWTfPS8H5BmT8NiH
toobs
Art Expert

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:54 pm

admhall wrote:The weekly chart on ETH is shaping up nicely.
Yea.... i bought another one of those the other day.... shoulda bought a few more :neutral:
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
1000steps
Art Expert

Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:53 am

If btc can rally past 11500ish in the next couple weeks, it very well might be history-making. If that happens, I think the Winklevii might be right.

If not, I fear it is a long fall into a pit of razor blades.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Have to find levels, set profit targets and stop losses that are moved up into profit plus X of position as price increases. Not financial advice.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:32 pm

1000steps wrote:"...the number of miners cannot fall below a certain level, because without the miners providing the computing power to maintain the ledger, the bitcoin blockchain will not remain viable...the real concern is that if the price of bitcoin continues to fall, mining will become infeasible, and without enough participants providing the computing power to record the transactions, the transactions will be infeasible and bitcoin will become worthless."

That's assuming miners aren't mining with speculation in mind. If you're mining and selling what you mine on a daily basis, you're doing it all wrong anyways.
hax0n
Art Expert

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:11 pm

rikkirattoe wrote:
1000steps wrote:"...the number of miners cannot fall below a certain level, because without the miners providing the computing power to maintain the ledger, the bitcoin blockchain will not remain viable...the real concern is that if the price of bitcoin continues to fall, mining will become infeasible, and without enough participants providing the computing power to record the transactions, the transactions will be infeasible and bitcoin will become worthless."

That's assuming miners aren't mining with speculation in mind. If you're mining and selling what you mine on a daily basis, you're doing it all wrong anyways.
1000steps comment doesn't take "difficulty adjustments" into account. As the miners leave (to mine a different coin), the hashrate drops, the difficulty adjusts downward until miners come back in because its more profitable again. Ebbs and flows :pint:
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:57 pm

hax0n wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:

1000steps comment doesn't take "difficulty adjustments" into account. As the miners leave (to mine a different coin), the hashrate drops, the difficulty adjusts downward until miners come back in because its more profitable again. Ebbs and flows :pint:
That too :pint:

Only problem is see with Bitcoin mining is it's been centralized by Bitmain. Much like the few who own all the gold and diamond mines, centralized mining in cryptocurrency presents a new face, same problem, issue in regards to currency. As a miner myself, I'm all for currencies that choose to fork when their mining network is flooded w ASICs
hax0n
Art Expert

Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:43 pm

rikkirattoe wrote:
hax0n wrote:
rikkirattoe wrote:

That too :pint:

Only problem is see with Bitcoin mining is it's been centralized by Bitmain. Much like the few who own all the gold and diamond mines, centralized mining in cryptocurrency presents a new face, same problem, issue in regards to currency. As a miner myself, I'm all for currencies that choose to fork when their mining network is flooded w ASICs
Monero just forked away from ASIC's nullifying all of Bitmain's equipment instantly. If you're worried about centralization, there's a coin for that!
electrachrome wrote:None of us who are responsible for this website really have any idea how it works
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:00 pm

hax0n wrote:
Monero just forked away from ASIC's nullifying all of Bitmain's equipment instantly. If you're worried about centralization, there's a coin for that!
Gave Monero a go after the fork, wasn't getting the results I had hoped for when compared to what I was previously mining (Ravencoin) so I switched back over to mining that instead. I am a fan of Monero though and I do hope privacy coins are the way of the future but something tells me that they'll be suppressed by the current establishment in favor of a more easily trackable (and more popular of course) Bitcoin
cktbreaker
Art Expert

Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:15 pm

Monero will always have a strong position as people will always want their privacy, something BTC does not provide.
rikkirattoe
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:02 pm

cktbreaker wrote:Monero will always have a strong position as people will always want their privacy, something BTC does not provide.
I think we also have to take into account what direction the world's governments and major corporations take in regards to privacy coins as well.