Chuck Sperry News

General art-related discussion.
Ken
Art Expert

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:37 am

Big thanks to everyone who came out to the Art on Paper Fair in NYC this past weekend. We were showing alongside 80 international galleries and it was an honor to have Chuck's work on view alongside Picasso, KAWS, Alex Katz, Jonas Wood and so many other amazing artists.

It was nice seeing so many familiar faces from Chuck's last NYC show and it was great getting Chuck's work in front of new fans and collectors. Big ups to the folks who camped out in the snow, the black variant of "The Sphinx" was well worth the wait. All copies of "The Sphinx" sold out as soon as doors opened and I'm happy to say that all archive prints, panels and copies of the Helikon book sold out by the end the weekend as well (mostly to new collectors unfamiliar with Chuck's work.)

Here's a look at the custom wallpaper we had made for the event, which matches the background on "The Sphinx". Custom wallpaper is something we'll be doing more in the future at our gallery shows and events, stay tuned!

More info on the event here: http://thepaperfair.com/ny

1000steps
Art Expert

Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:21 pm

hot damn

early contender for 2018 Wall of the Year
Welcome to the sleaze pit
Jpup
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:40 am

Great show Ken... :clap: I love the Gold Variant i was able to grab...
geezer
Art Expert

Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:15 pm

No Sperry - Leftover Salmon at The Stanley this year.
Ken
Art Expert

Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:55 pm

Jpup wrote:Great show Ken... :clap: I love the Gold Variant i was able to grab...
Nice! Thanks for the support Jpup!
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:39 pm

geezer wrote:No Sperry - Leftover Salmon at The Stanley this year.

I was up there and disappointed as well.
Celsius
Flipper

Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Ken wrote:Image

Big thanks to everyone who came out to the Art on Paper Fair in NYC this past weekend. We were showing alongside 80 international galleries and it was an honor to have Chuck's work on view alongside Picasso, KAWS, Alex Katz, Jonas Wood and so many other amazing artists.

It was nice seeing so many familiar faces from Chuck's last NYC show and it was great getting Chuck's work in front of new fans and collectors. Big ups to the folks who camped out in the snow, the black variant of "The Sphinx" was well worth the wait. All copies of "The Sphinx" sold out as soon as doors opened and I'm happy to say that all archive prints, panels and copies of the Helikon book sold out by the end the weekend as well (mostly to new collectors unfamiliar with Chuck's work.)

Here's a look at the custom wallpaper we had made for the event, which matches the background on "The Sphinx". Custom wallpaper is something we'll be doing more in the future at our gallery shows and events, stay tuned!

Anyone here know the prices of each panel?
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
xangelx
Art Expert

Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:55 pm

Celsius wrote:
Ken wrote:Image

Anyone here know the prices of each panel?
I believe I saw somewhere that the new one was $750 and the older ones were $1500-2k
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
DoubleDown
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Music: $2500
Erato: $2500
Terp: $1500
Semele: $3000
Sphinx: $700
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:28 pm

DoubleDown wrote:Music: $2500
All still available?
Jpup
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:22 pm

applehead wrote:
All still available?
Sphinx panels sold out by number 14 or 15 in line i believe... def sold out by #17 bc that was my buddy... Music panel was $3k paper $1k
Ken
Art Expert

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:11 pm

applehead wrote:
All still available?
The Semele and Sphinx panels sold on Thursday, everything else sold out during the rest of the weekend. Interestingly enough, the folks who bought the archive panels at market rate were all new collectors, none of whom had heard of Chuck before but they loved the work and thought it was reasonably priced. Considering that there was a Picasso across the hall for six figures, they were absolutely correct!
applehead
Art Expert

Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:54 pm

Thx for the updates!

Hope the guy who paid $2k for #2 at Chucks show and was after Semele as his #1, saw that more we’re sold last week. I love it!!
Celsius
Flipper

Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:39 pm

applehead wrote:Thx for the updates!

Hope the guy who paid $2k for #2 at Chucks show and was after Semele as his #1, saw that more we’re sold last week. I love it!!
Semele at $3k is still under valued tho. Ken was being generous.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:21 pm

Hype!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.