Monsterpalooza Con is Coming Up

General art-related discussion.
Slacking
Art Enthusiast

Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:12 pm

Monsterpalooza is happening next month in Pasadena, I’ll be hitting up old horror movie posters for sure. I did notice Jason Edmiston will be there! Has anyone gone before? This will be my first rodeo at a horror con..

http://monsterpalooza.com/spring/
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:11 am

Yeah, I've gone the past 8-9 years. Not going this year, though, because there's an UFC event here in Arizona that weekend. But Monsterpalooza is always a great time.

Son of Monsterpalooza is always an alternative if you can't make Monsterpalooza.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:55 pm

Totally jealous Pam Grier is going to be there. I'd love to meet her someday.
Slacking
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 pm

dweebofthedead wrote:Yeah, I've gone the past 8-9 years. Not going this year, though, because there's an UFC event here in Arizona that weekend. But Monsterpalooza is always a great time.

Son of Monsterpalooza is always an alternative if you can't make Monsterpalooza.
Sweet! I’m looking forward to it, I collect theatrical posters as well and need some 80’s juice. Quick question: does Edmiston usually have tons of different prints for sale? Trying to figure out if I need to sell some comics or prints before the show.
Slacking
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:20 pm

Irishman12 wrote:Totally jealous Pam Grier is going to be there. I'd love to meet her someday.
Yasss! I’m also looking forward to meeting Savini...
taylorph
Art Expert

Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:25 am

Yup I like to check out mosterpalooza, SoM and midsummer scream each year. Always a blast. Tried ScareLA last year too and I wasn't as impressed.

Suppossedly it's Elviras last convention before completely retiring too...
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:14 am

Slacking wrote:
dweebofthedead wrote:Yeah, I've gone the past 8-9 years. Not going this year, though, because there's an UFC event here in Arizona that weekend. But Monsterpalooza is always a great time.

Sweet! I’m looking forward to it, I collect theatrical posters as well and need some 80’s juice. Quick question: does Edmiston usually have tons of different prints for sale? Trying to figure out if I need to sell some comics or prints before the show.
Oh, yeah, Jason has quite a bit of stuff. Posters, books, and pencils.