NBA 2017-18

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:00 pm

Yeah Cleveland embarrassed Boston last night on their own home court. Kyrie didn't look pleased and this Cleveland squad is completely different! They played very well together. We'll see how long they can keep this up but this might be the turnaround they needed. I still don't think the East is going to beat Golden State no matter who they send out there.

On another topic, do the Lakers get Paul George and LeBron James in the offseason? Both? Neither? Does George stay in OKC? It should be interesting either way.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby afrosteeziac on Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:47 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
On another topic, do the Lakers get Paul George and LeBron James in the offseason? Both? Neither? Does George stay in OKC? It should be interesting either way.

Personally don't think either of those two goes to LA without knowing if the other is going as well. Just cant see the appeal of one of them going to the Lakers with their current roster.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:10 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:

Personally don't think either of those two goes to LA without knowing if the other is going as well. Just cant see the appeal of one of them going to the Lakers with their current roster.

George I can see going as he's a local guy. He's an easy sell. LeBron's the one you're going to have to convince. But if they can trade Deng and get his money off the books, I've heard they could sign 3 max players. So maybe with George and another max player, that could be enough to get LeBron? Let's see how well Magic Johnson's pitch is.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby afrosteeziac on Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:26 pm

Irishman12 wrote:
afrosteeziac wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:

George I can see going as he's a local guy. He's an easy sell. LeBron's the one you're going to have to convince. But if they can trade Deng and get his money off the books, I've heard they could sign 3 max players. So maybe with George and another max player, that could be enough to get LeBron? Let's see how well Magic Johnson's pitch is.

Eh maybe. I just don't see "home town" being the only selling point George needs. LA isn't going anywhere, so like you said it really depends on some other moves they can make. Especially depending on how well both OKC and CLE do in the playoffs. Mess around and have the Cavs give GSW a decent run Bron might just stick around. especialy if they continue to bring in talented youth. Same goes for Paul in my opinion.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby canuck on Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:55 am

GO jazz GOOOoooo!
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby RottenAtom on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Looking forward to the all-star game. Not enjoying this pre-game 'entertainment.' Kevin Hart and Adam Devine are blander than bland. I feel old...

Bring on the basketball :pint:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby RottenAtom on Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:34 pm

wtf kind of national anthem was that? :lol:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Irishman12 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:01 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Looking forward to the all-star game. Not enjoying this pre-game 'entertainment.' Kevin Hart and Adam Devine are blander than bland. I feel old...

Bring on the basketball :pint:

In years past, I usually record Saturday night and Sunday night (Friday's activities don't interest me at all) and then I just fast forward through them. I did that with this past Saturday night. The whole thing was about 3 hours of material recorded. After fast forwarding through commercials and all the other fluff, it took me maybe an hour to actually watch the entire skills competition, 3-point contest, and slam dunk contest. Definitely the way to go! Although, last night, as opposed to year's past, I actually watched the All-Star game live.

I wasn't a huge fan honestly. I wasn't when it was announced they were going to do teams as opposed to Eastern Conference vs. the Western Conference (I'm a traditionalist and there are A LOT of things the NBA does now that I'm not a fan of. Hence the reason I don't watch the product until playoff time and even then I pick and choose). For 66 years the All-Star game has worked as an East/West game, but now we need to introduce "a new aspect" to it. Granted, it was cool to see KD and LeBron play on the same team together, but not enough for me to look past this. There were too many timeouts and fouls. Yes, the game came down to the wire and had some "drama" to it. But honestly, I liked how it was in years past. I don't mind seeing little defense and a score of 192-182 like it was last year. I want to see sick dunks and great passing rather than turnovers and free throws. It's a glorified pick-up game, so let the guys go out there and cut loose and have some fun. I personally thought it was fine the way it was and didn't need changing but I know I'm in the minority in that respect.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Postby canuck on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:48 pm

6 foot 3 Mitchell throwing down the Carter tribute to win the Slam Dunk. Hot Damn!
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby HungryFace on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:42 pm

Pop just said he'd be surprised if Kawhi returned this season.

May as well just get Rockets v. Warriors started now...
HungryFace
Art Connoisseur

Postby canuck on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:20 pm

You mean Utah vs Rockets?

Yeah that's what I thought.

COME AT ME!!!
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby afrosteeziac on Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:42 am

So my buys got drugged last night. Can't really expect to beat GS when you shoot that poorly.
On a side note though, is Zaza continueing to do Zaza things or was that "fall" natural?
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Postby RottenAtom on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:47 pm

afrosteeziac wrote:So my buys got drugged last night. Can't really expect to beat GS when you shoot that poorly.
On a side note though, is Zaza continueing to do Zaza things or was that "fall" natural?

He might as well have belly flopped or done a leg drop on him. Zaza will Zaza...
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:02 pm

Goddamn.

jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:06 pm

:shock:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

PreviousNext

Return to Sports