Foxtastic Framing Devil Thank You Gift

General art-related discussion.
statik
Art Expert

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:59 pm

Still working on a better title ha! Are you a friend, customer, or even just a fan/admirer of the one known as Framing Devil or you might know him better as Doug? If you answered YES you should read on because I'm organizing something that is long over due and this is your chance to show your thanks.

Basically FD is more than just a framer to some of us. He's a friend, a bad ass, the definition of chill, and maybe even family. Doug is never one to shy from some incredible conversation and I just think it's time we do something to say thank you for being more than you ever had to be.

So here's the deal. I know from a conversation about two years ago when he was discussing art with me that he was a big fan of Nychos. One piece especially he really wanted: Nychos - Dissection of a Fox. I completely forgot about it until recently when Nychos had the same art used on a limited beer release. I was able to grab a few cans so I will be including those with this gift.

That's right, the cans are not enough knowing damn well that print is still out there. I finally landed that print thanks to a longtime and respected member on EB (you can reveal yourself if you want). Now that I have the print this is where you come in.

My cost was $270 shipped. I like to get as many names as possible to donate because I think it just be a better effect when he sees all these names on the card I will prepare. Think of it like a paper accordion of names. Right now I'm only gathering names of those who like to contribute. I won't have a $ amount till I know how many names I'm working with. The goal is $5 a name. Yes, I'm crazy but drymount it because Doug is worth it. I should mention I will be giving this gift to him in person and I will record it if he allows me to.

Simply respond to this post with +1 and mention if: Friend, Customer, Fan.

This post will be xpost between FC, EB, PBT, and my own wall. Only +1 in one.

Thank you.

P.S. Sorry it is long. Full transparency is important to get across with anything involving money. And it goes without saying but PLEASE PLEASE don't mention this to him.
ImageImage
drymount your sig!
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:16 pm

+1
I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:13 pm

+1.

If you have a photo of what he framed for you....post it!

Last edited by jjttdw on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:19 pm

Hand painted frame with details on the tendrils to match the print. Hand painted bevels

I'm not someone else.
statik
Art Expert

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Great idea jjttdw. Yes, share away if you can. Thank you.

GoBluePanic, does this mean you're in too? Lovely frame up.
drymount your sig!
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:05 pm

+1

He’s framed a lot of things for me over the years. Will post a couple of favorites soon.
Yommers
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:27 pm

+1

He's framed at least a dozen things for me, and I always have a great time bullshitting in his studio whenever I'm dropping off or picking up. Will find some good pics later on to post.
Image Image
statik
Art Expert

Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:04 am

Nice. Thank you guys.

I'm at 21 names but it's time for sleep before work. Either hit me up on one of my Facebook posts or respond here if you like to be apart of this. Goodnight.
drymount your sig!
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:37 am

statik wrote:Great idea jjttdw. Yes, share away if you can. Thank you.

GoBluePanic, does this mean you're in too? Lovely frame up.
Yes

+1
I'm not someone else.
Weaksauce
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:42 pm

+1 Customer & Fan
Great idea, thanks for organizing this.
statik
Art Expert

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:58 pm

Weaksauce wrote:+1 Customer & Fan
Great idea, thanks for organizing this.
Thank you! Feel free to send me a pm with your real name so I can list it that way since you are a customer.

---

Alright I'm at 25 names. This has proven to be a little more difficult than I originally anticipated but I'll get this there. Just gonna collect a few more names and I'll start collecting payments. <3
drymount your sig!
steub13
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:36 pm

+2 - Will PM the Mrs. and my names.
statik
Art Expert

Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:17 pm

Alright I got you too. Thank you for joining.

Consider this one last push for just a few more names if possible. I'm currently at 31.

Speak now or don't. Either way this is happening. :)
drymount your sig!
dodgers77
Art Expert

Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:06 pm

+1 Fan and customer, :notworthy: :clap: :pint:
statik
Art Expert

Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:32 pm

Final update on this for the 33 (31 not including myself and partner) of you who helped make this happen.

All payments are collected and the print is paid for. Now we wait for it to ship. This weekend was a no go anyway since I already have a husky play date at Tapecats home. The next two weekends after that my partner is out of town for work. This leaves March 17th scheduled and confirmed.

1xRun also got back to me yesterday when I first acquired about them having a print in their archives they sell me, even mentioning the gift plans. They had two. I could get one slighty damaged for $600 or one pristine condition (their words) for $1k. Yeah.
drymount your sig!