Dark Hall Mansion Thread -- News / Releases / Rumors / Art

General art-related discussion.
DoubleDown
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:30 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Nothings says Peanuts, Snoopy and Woodstock like a nice tropical beach scene or a float down a river. :lol:

I truly respect these artists and think the originals are pure talent, but turning them into mini, cheap giclees is just pure greed at this point. I read on some DHM social media site that had them thanking the Peanuts groups that support their work; I'm sure they're selling more than enough to make these releases profitable. Funny, before Kenny Random did Hard Times there was almost no Peanuts art available. Now, market completely flooded.
I think it’s more desperation than greed. Word around FB is that they haven’t been paying their artists and are looking at bankruptcy. A major artist around here had some choice words about them and the fact that they haven’t paid him. They probably cant get screenprinters to take the jobs anymore. Maybe the tropical beach peanuts was a metaphor for trouble in paradise.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:52 pm

DoubleDown wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Nothings says Peanuts, Snoopy and Woodstock like a nice tropical beach scene or a float down a river. :lol:

I truly respect these artists and think the originals are pure talent, but turning them into mini, cheap giclees is just pure greed at this point. I read on some DHM social media site that had them thanking the Peanuts groups that support their work; I'm sure they're selling more than enough to make these releases profitable. Funny, before Kenny Random did Hard Times there was almost no Peanuts art available. Now, market completely flooded.
I think it’s more desperation than greed. Word around FB is that they haven’t been paying their artists and are looking at bankruptcy. A major artist around here had some choice words about them and the fact that they haven’t paid him. They probably cant get screenprinters to take the jobs anymore. Maybe the tropical beach peanuts was a metaphor for trouble in paradise.
Story time!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
cotis
Art Expert

Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:07 pm

anyone get their Ise Wonkas yet?

Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:56 pm

Codeblue wrote:
DoubleDown wrote:

Story time!
page 396 3rd post down...
Grateful69Phish wrote:Should we start a betting pool on when DHM goes out of business? :lol:

:D
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:46 am

Luls.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:11 pm

Might be time to start a new subscription series. Maybe once Twilight Zone is finished.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:21 pm

is that ever going to happen? I want to get mine shipped before they go bust.
DoubleDown
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:01 pm

DaleCooper wrote:is that ever going to happen? I want to get mine shipped before they go bust.
You mean those prints that were supposed to be finished in 2015?
Yeah... that’s never gonna happen.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:08 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:Might be time to start a new subscription series. Maybe once Twilight Zone is finished.
Ooh. You know what would be good...a Peanuts subscription.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:08 pm

Where's mah V-Day peanuts fix? I'm jonesin.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:11 pm

snoopy and woodstock riding horses down a beach as the sunsets with hearts above them...i can see it now.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
bran
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:42 pm

35mmpaul wrote:snoopy and woodstock riding horses down a beach as the sunsets with hearts above them...i can see it now.
You mean they haven't done that one yet? Huh... could've sworn...ehhh
lickliter33
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:14 pm

Can we get an update on the final 2 twilight zone prints? I heard one might be monsters, which is not one of my favorite episodes, so I'm hoping for a walking distance or a the fever or some such for the final print. Thanks.
Woo5lscott
Art Expert

Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:32 pm

bran wrote:
35mmpaul wrote:snoopy and woodstock riding horses down a beach as the sunsets with hearts above them...i can see it now.
You mean they haven't done that one yet? Huh... could've sworn...ehhh
Maybe next year :lol: