Theater rooms

Talk about anything here. Post lifespan is 1 year.

Postby kcn0 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:39 pm

piper27 wrote:
Baker wrote:Just just throw my 2 cents in on one thing. As an audio engineer in the past, dont drop the loot for Monster branded audio cables unless you have a friend who gets cost pricing. Copper cable is copper cable, there's a reason you just make all your own cabling when doing audio work, cause its all the same as long as you have good connectors (if needed).

I definitely agree with that copper is copper. Not going to shell out the extra cash for a name. Definitely going to get some good gold plated connectors though. That's all I ever use.

Agree - wire is pretty much wire... I received 500 - 750 ft spool of monster FOC from another deal... otherwise I would have purchase that from monoprice as well.

piper27 wrote:
kcn0 wrote:It has a stand-alone 20A fuse with 12 GA wire

How does the 20A circuit hold up with both power subs and the receiver running off it? Any dimming of the lights with it cranked up to 11?

No dimming... after about a month of beating it around, I've yet to have any noticeable issues. If I have issues, I can easily add another breaker to distribute the load (my main panel is located in the theater room). If you are nervous about it, you can always split the room into separate circuits.

piper27 wrote:kcn0 what is your set up for the seating?

It is single row at the moment. I'm going to add a raised second row eventually, but the rear seating will be a bit tight. To comfortably, and for proper audio, I'd probably want another 3' for a second row at that width.... I just couldn't justify the extra space with the layout of my other rooms. If I had unlimited space, and was able to do it again, I'd go 15' x 21'... maybe an additional 3' for speakers and components behind the screen. I would still only put two rows of seating in, as you can really only focus your speakers into a smaller area anyway.
kcn0
Art Expert

Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & Phlegm "Fight or Flight"

Postby piper27 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:52 pm

Awesome thank you so much for the input. It's a lot better getting the info first hand from someone who had build one. I can only read so many reviews on blogs because they are contradict each other.

:cheers:
piper27
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:Try vigorously rubbing yer peen on it several times.

Postby kcn0 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:34 pm

piper27 wrote:Awesome thank you so much for the input. It's a lot better getting the info first hand from someone who had build one. I can only read so many reviews on blogs because they are contradict each other.

:cheers:

You just need to understand what YOU want. I want good audio and a large screen, but I also wanted to have a pocket door (to save space) and hang movie pictures all over the walls. I am working through eliminating some vibrations on 24" x 36" pieces of glass, during certain decibels, but there is only one that I will need to tighten up a bit. 98% of the time, I don't have guests over to watch a movie/show/game, so multiple rows of seating is somewhat overkill for me.

I'll try to post some pictures in the next 24 hours.

Oh... and I am using Omnimounts... they are expensive but seem to work quite well.
kcn0
Art Expert

Main ISOs: Stout "Pulp Fiction" & Phlegm "Fight or Flight"

Postby letstalkprints on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:40 pm

Not relevant at all but how many levels you got baller? [rhetorical]
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.

Postby letstalkprints on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:40 pm

Not relevant at all but how many levels you got baller? [rhetorical]
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Postby letstalkprints on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:42 pm

Sorry my browser speed must be on level one.
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Postby piper27 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:51 pm

letstalkprints wrote:Not relevant at all but how many levels you got baller? [rhetorical]

I just have a multi level home. Like a split but the main level is a walk in (at ground level). Then an up stairs, a walk out basement then a real basment. Nothing fancy. I've posted a picture of it over in the homeowner life thread after it was built last year

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147166&start=795
piper27
Art Expert

Postby meskell on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:42 pm

piper27 wrote:I really need to get out and go listen to some speakers in person. I haven't ever really shopped for speakers before.

meskell
Art Expert

Wanda: I can't stand people, I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.

Postby piper27 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:49 pm

I had a feeling someone would post that clip after I said that comment :P
piper27
Art Expert

Previous

Return to Anything Goes