The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:36 pm

address on paypal transaction and eBay order details match?

you're still responsible until delivered. if it gets delivered to wrong/old address, you should be good.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:46 pm

Shipping out an item today via USPS and suddenly the only insurance option is USPS, along with a notation that says, "Destination country is not supported by ShipCover." Destination country is USA, address is a residence, not a company or re-shipper. I've always used ShipCover, haven't had to file any claims yet (knock on wood), so I assume I'm in good standing with them. Anyone else seen this?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:10 pm

I've had it happen. No clue why. I have had luck just backing out and starting over.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:51 pm

I accidentally didn't notice recently, and of course that's the time that the buyer claims they didn't get the tube even though the postal scan gps coordinates show it was delivered on their property. :hanging:
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:27 pm

friendly little reminder, USPS prices go up on sunday. yeehaw!
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
soupysound
EB Team

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:18 am

quick question about using "insurepost" or other outside insurance..... sending USPS (with tracking)... are you REQUIRED to have a signature confirmation or some other service to be covered? below is the language from their website. i used insurepost a couple times as it is cheaper than purchasing via ebay. however, i was shipping with tracking (but no sig confirmation). does that void my coverage? luckily haven't had any claims. adding a sig confirm increases price by $2.55 so may still be cheaper than ebay (depending on insured amount).
USPS shipments with tracking (w / Tracking) include the following USPS services: Delivery Confirmation, Signature Confirmation, Certified Mail, Express Mail, or Registered Mail. Domestic shipments sent via the USPS without one of these services are not covered.
https://www.insurepost.com/terms.asp
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:25 pm

Delivery confirmation is standard with priority. If you have any of those it's covered.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:13 pm

got another name to add to your lists. buys item, no response, no payment in over a week. unpaid assistant just got clicked ON.

inbox if you want another turd on the block list.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Here is some to add:

headzipper
paullinsley
rombleu
myfriendlyadvice
haven
Art Expert

Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:32 pm

PLUSH wrote:Here is some to add:

headzipper
Chico.

A turd of the highest order.
butter80
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:04 am

future!

Non-paying eber
Karma is coming Monkey boy! watch yourself...
soupysound
EB Team

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:26 am

anyone have experience with USPS FIRST CLASS INTERNATIONAL to france and having a "lost" package? tracking hasn't been updated since january 16th and buyer said item not received. the ebay note states "Delivery Confirmation is not available for this shipping service, for the destination country that you've selected". does that negate my insurance via insurepost?

do i have any course of action to request a "search" for the missing mail? or what are my options? am i SOL?
france_tracking.jpg
pvecchi
Art Expert

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:50 am

haven wrote:
PLUSH wrote:Here is some to add:

headzipper
Chico.

A turd of the highest order.

Absolutely...ML would sell his mother for a buck. He will and has faked signatures, misrepresented condition, and even threatened small children (and that's just my personal experience with him, I'm sure he has done even more unethical things for money)
chevyav53
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:54 am

soupysound wrote:anyone have experience with USPS FIRST CLASS INTERNATIONAL to france and having a "lost" package? tracking hasn't been updated since january 16th and buyer said item not received. the ebay note states "Delivery Confirmation is not available for this shipping service, for the destination country that you've selected". does that negate my insurance via insurepost?

do i have any course of action to request a "search" for the missing mail? or what are my options? am i SOL?
france_tracking.jpg
Yes you can do all that through the USPS site. Find missing package and if long enough file a claim. Where are you shipping to? Have you tried that countries local carrier? For example if headed to the UK you should be able to track through Royal Mail.
soupysound
EB Team

Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:58 am

i submitted a search request via USPS and received a "search ID #" / case.

however, since the package made it over to france...... not sure the process. the tracking for lapost.fr comes up rather limited and wasn't sure if there was a direct way to request the french postal service to start a search.

https://www.laposte.fr
laposte.jpg