Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:16 pm

Usually a dropdown menu on the site will offer the black as well.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:17 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Usually a dropdown menu on the site will offer the black as well.
Yep. Example: https://mondotees.com/collections/music ... track-2xlp
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:06 pm

35mmpaul wrote:
KSUvet wrote:
xangelx wrote:Not real interested in movie prints anymore but I really like this. Well done Tula :clap: .
How's your interest level in figure skating prints, though? #perspectives
I, for one, will be putting my poster money toward Indiana Jones instead of Tonya Harding this week. Why anyone would want a Tonya Harding poster is beyond me, but I'm curious to see if the Mondo effect can do it once again. :?

Have you seen the movie?
Indiana Jones? Yeah, plenty of times!

"I, Tonya"? No, because the subject is uninteresting to me. I had enough of that tabloid crap the first time. Word of mouth seems good enough to sway me at some point, but that would still never get me to hang a Tonya Harding poster.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:38 pm

ok. so maybe see the movie and ya might understand why people are interested in this poster.

its a well done film about the murkiness of truth, sheer determination, abuse, and fame.

Last edited by 35mmpaul on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
DickButt
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 pm

I bought one. Loved the movie and think it's a great poster.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:46 pm

deleted: dupe
Last edited by IWish on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:51 pm

IWish wrote:
KSUvet wrote:"I, Tonya"? No, because the subject is uninteresting to me. I had enough of that tabloid crap the first time. Word of mouth seems good enough to sway me at some point, but that would still never get me to hang a Tonya Harding poster.
That makes two of us. I saw the movie and it was really not much different than a made-for-tv movie that I recall watching years ago. I'm not heartless, her life was mostly terrible up to that point in her life. I do feel bad for her because of that.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:55 pm

I member when no one wanted dat Magnolia poster. Ended up doing pretty pretty good in the secondary.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:57 pm

35mmpaul wrote:ok. so maybe see the movie and ya might understand why people are interested in this poster.

its a well done film about the murkiness of truth, sheer determination, abuse, and fame.

:clap: Spot on. The film was really good and I'm hoping Margot Robbie at least garners an Oscar nomination. Everyone's talking about Allison Janney's performance, and rightfully so, but I also applaud the Winter Soldier himself Sebastian Stan for his excellent portrayal as well.
Last edited by Irishman12 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:59 pm

Codeblue wrote:I member when no one wanted dat Magnolia poster. Ended up doing pretty pretty good in the secondary.
It's always the quiet ones.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:03 pm

Codeblue wrote:I member when no one wanted dat Magnolia poster. Ended up doing pretty pretty good in the secondary.
It's always a gamble and I'm in no position to do that. I still have a Mondo gift card that I found that is still good $100 purchased Oct '15. Heh. Saving it for the Stout JP.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:55 pm

It's one of my favorite films, and I've long been a fan of Joao's work. So that one was a no-brainer for me, and it's hanging on my wall. The soundtrack is also phenomenal. Aimee Mann's songs help make that movie truly memorable. I've had it on CD forever, so it'll be nice to pick up a vinyl copy.
iambillyg wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Usually a dropdown menu on the site will offer the black as well.
Yep. Example: https://mondotees.com/collections/music ... track-2xlp
Awesome. Thanks guys!
So it goes...
DonPiano
Art Expert

Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:55 am

I was lucky to pick it up straight after the drop from someone attempting a flip. The only one I didn't get that week.

Also... Mondo... when are we getting an Inherent Vice and a Phantom Thread print?

Plus, anyone know the cost of the Magnolia vinyl?
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:13 pm

DonPiano wrote:
I was lucky to pick it up straight after the drop from someone attempting a flip. The only one I didn't get that week.

Also... Mondo... when are we getting an Inherent Vice and a Phantom Thread print?

Plus, anyone know the cost of the Magnolia vinyl?
Full deets:
https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/music- ... track-3xlp
Price is $45.
CDSK
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:27 pm

So, uh, I'm special. What's the deal with buying at the shows? Wife and I'll be in town for the first time and are looking to visit the Monsters show... can M ship for you, or would we have to seek out the USPS?