All things Spotlight Displays

Share your pictures of framed art and discuss framing.
Antimacy
Art Enthusiast

Tue May 02, 2017 5:55 pm

chrisjuniper wrote:Just picked up a 24x36 a couple weeks ago to toss my GOTG Florey in, looks fantastic. I could custom frame all my pieces, but the money that would cost just doesn't vibe with me. The prices on these spotlights are honestly perfect. I also like mounting them flush to the wall, my cats love knocking things off my walls and now they can't :D . Just got a custom sized one from Fedex this AM for my Horkey FOTR, if it looks as good as I expect it to, the other two in the series will get the same treatment.

Being able to swap out prints at my leisure without any effort at all is a revelation. I get bored with things very easily and am constantly reorganizing my collection, spotlight displays are perfect for someone like me.
Can you please share pics of your Horkey FOTR custom frame?
allyouzombies
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 17, 2017 5:02 pm

Decided to get in on some of that sweet Stout action.

PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Sun May 28, 2017 8:48 pm

Just now having a chance to get these up (everyone's setups look amazing!), and I'm ready to order some more.

Had a quick noob question though, sorry...I seem to have three overlays, one clear on both sides, one clear on one side and matte on the other, and one with matte of both sides.

I understand that I can choose for the front either all clear or clear&matte , but what do I do with the two overlays once I determined my front one? Are they both then used as backing? Or just the one that is matte on both sides?

Thanks!
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:20 am

Guys, I just want to completely apologize for not responding in a while! All of your Prints look Amazing!!!!!! Not sure why I'm not getting notified of posts on this thread, must be a spam issue.

Anyway I am really glad to see everyone is happy with their frames!!!!

Hope you are all well!!!!!
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:29 am

PaintByNumbers wrote:Just now having a chance to get these up (everyone's setups look amazing!), and I'm ready to order some more.

Had a quick noob question though, sorry...I seem to have three overlays, one clear on both sides, one clear on one side and matte on the other, and one with matte of both sides.

I understand that I can choose for the front either all clear or clear&matte , but what do I do with the two overlays once I determined my front one? Are they both then used as backing? Or just the one that is matte on both sides?

Thanks!

PaintByNumbers I'm sure you received your answer by now and I apologize for not seeing it here. One overlay goes in the front and one in the back. The other overlay you see is extra and can be put in the back as well, sometimes my cutter will add an extra for extra shipping protection, in case there might be damage to an overlay that is hard to tell due to the protective coating etc...

I recommend using the Non-Glare/Clear overlay in the front as it has the most UV Protection.

I have no idea what you are referring to when you speak of the overlay with a matte finish on both sides. I think you might be confusing the Matte finish with the protective coating that needs to be peeled off.

Thanks!
Aedward5
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:30 pm

I thought I'd re-decorate my basement to better suit the childhood theme that has seemed to taken over every corner of it, thanks a lot kiddos. Mondo's Disney prints and some spotlight frames did the trick.

Duck
Art Enthusiast

Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:22 pm

I just ordered one of these this weekend. My question is will this be completely safe to put expensive prints in or just any print in general? I have a Stout Akira variant coming in soon and would like to put it in one of these since I won't get a chance to get it custom framed for a good while. Thanks!
''
swingking03

Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:00 pm

If storing multiple posters in one frame, is there any need to separate the posters with glassine like people typically do with flat files and sandwiches?
ffactoryxx
Art Connoisseur

Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:55 pm

Any BF Coupons?
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:57 pm

Duck wrote:I just ordered one of these this weekend. My question is will this be completely safe to put expensive prints in or just any print in general? I have a Stout Akira variant coming in soon and would like to put it in one of these since I won't get a chance to get it custom framed for a good while. Thanks!
''
Hello Duck,

Sorry you did not get an answer and I know it would be better if someone else answered you but I can assure that as long as you dont have your print in direct sunlight it will be completely Safe! The overlays are ACID FREE and UV Protective.

Thank you!!!
ArchibaldTuttle
Art Expert

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:00 pm

ffactoryxx wrote:Any BF Coupons?
I believe there's an ongoing 10% off with code BEANS.
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:05 pm

swingking03 wrote:If storing multiple posters in one frame, is there any need to separate the posters with glassine like people typically do with flat files and sandwiches?
Hello Swingking, just seeing this now. I have multiple mondo prints in one frame and have not had any issues for two years now. There has been no bleeding or adverse effects. Because the prints are not under my control, I can't say for sure what prints could have a problem as it all comes down to the printer. But it seems that at least for the many mondos I have, there is no issue with bleeding. That being said, always sides with caution. putting something in between the prints would always be a good thing.

Thanks!
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:07 pm

ArchibaldTuttle wrote:
ffactoryxx wrote:Any BF Coupons?
I believe there's an ongoing 10% off with code BEANS.
Thank you Archibald, yes Ffactory, EB members always get 10% off with coupon code BEANS
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:12 pm

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let everyone know if they are going to order frames as gifts for Christmas or they want to have prints on the wall for Christmas Parties..... it's going to be a busy year so in order to get them to you on time, please get the orders in starting now. I don't have a cutoff date yet but it will probably be around the 12th.

Hope everyone has a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!
SpotlightDisplays
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:16 pm

Aedward5 wrote:I thought I'd re-decorate my basement to better suit the childhood theme that has seemed to taken over every corner of it, thanks a lot kiddos. Mondo's Disney prints and some spotlight frames did the trick.

Looks Great Aedward!!!