The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
ciphe
Art Expert

Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:28 pm

jjttdw wrote:^^I've found that our European brothers and sisters pay higher prices for my garbage than Americans. I may start adding language about GSP though.
From my understanding is that users see the final included GSP price before bidding on an auction.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:17 pm

ciphe wrote:
iwokeinrelief wrote:
ToonKiller wrote:I never looked into the Global Shipping Program cause I don't trust EBay. But I do like the idea of if something like what happened to Plush happens that EBay is on the hook to reimburse the buyer. What are the downfalls of the GSP other than risking bad feedback because of what they buyer pays in shipping fees?
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that EBay would remove negative feedback for shipping/customs fees if the item went through GSP.

Only real drawback is that it is expensive for the buyer, and that is understood by a lot of international buyers, so using GSP can cause you to not receive bids from buyers who would otherwise be interested.

Personally, I use it on all auctions, and have zero complaints as a seller with it.

The GSP is very expensive for overseas buyers, but as a seller it's a no brainer for me. eBay will retract all negative feedback and compensate for any damaged or lost items in transit. The only negative is that a lot of buyers will lowball offers to offset the added fees.
Thanks for all the info will definitely give it a go.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:26 pm

Donkey on eBay threatening to report my auction for using his pics and our pics aren't even the same. Morons
DickButt
Art Expert

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:02 am

Here's a new one (for me). Guy buys an item, gets it, leaves positive feedback, 2 weeks later they open an unauthorized purchase case in PayPal. I did some quick searching online and it looks like this guy has done this before with trading sites for other things (same name and email). So if you want his real name and eBay name, PM me. He's in at least one of the FB groups so I'll PM the mods there too.

Update: A quick call to PayPal this morning got the funds released back to me as they could see the item was delivered to the address on file.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:23 pm

Yup, exact same thing happened to me this morning. I thought maybe it was a disgruntled wife.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:23 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:Yup, exact same thing happened to me this morning. I thought maybe it was a disgruntled wife.
Same person?
So it goes...
DickButt
Art Expert

Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:56 pm

mfaith wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Yup, exact same thing happened to me this morning. I thought maybe it was a disgruntled wife.
Same person?
Yes
xangelx
Art Expert

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 pm

DickButt wrote:
mfaith wrote:
Same person?
Yes
Oof. Can you post this guys Ebay ID. Need to block that one.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:13 pm

Shipping to italy safe?

Pretty sure ive read it a delivery crapshoot
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:23 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:Shipping to italy safe?

I've had no issues personally
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:28 pm

soam24 wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:Shipping to italy safe?

I've had no issues personally
Thanks so am
Best of turkeys
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Luls. How many more times are ya gonna ask that same fuggin question?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:00 pm

Codeblue wrote:Luls. How many more times are ya gonna ask that same fuggin question?
:D
Things do change Blue - and some of us, aren't shipping prints overseas, let alone Italy on a daily basis
Be well
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:16 pm

Got an impatient possibly scamming spustard for ya'll to block. PM me for the name.

P.S. Got this message yesterday after a different EBer bought something:

I'm so sorry, I had my phone in my packet, and I checked and, I received an email from ebay, saying, thanks for your purchase, I was like whaaaaat??? I'm broke right now I can afford that right now. I'm so sorry for the trouble

PM for dat name too.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
lujborg
Art Expert

Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:55 pm

Codeblue wrote:Got an impatient possibly scamming spustard for ya'll to block. PM me for the name.

P.S. Got this message yesterday after a different EBer bought something:

I'm so sorry, I had my phone in my packet, and I checked and, I received an email from ebay, saying, thanks for your purchase, I was like whaaaaat??? I'm broke right now I can afford that right now. I'm so sorry for the trouble

PM for dat name too.

I don't let anyone cancel anymore. It's amazing how many people stick to their commitments when you hold up your end of the bargain. If they paid already, just send that fudge out.
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)