Site Update - Capital Fundraising

Official Expresso Beans Art News.
IWish
Art Expert

Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:19 pm

phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Just donated, want to say thank you to the EB team for taking on this huge project. My EB handle doesn't match my donation, but honestly I think you guys will do a good job figuring out everything before go live. I'll continue to add a bunch of Phish stuff, the begining of this site.

"Does anyone remember forests? For real"
"thanks for doing that for us slow people!!" Jojodumbass
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:52 pm

Been a busy week at the day job, but getting caught up a little today. All reward prints should be shipped out with the exception of one or two from the last 48 hours. Donations have been logged in the EB system thru 9/25... hoping to do more tomorrow and keep moving on...
Tally as of this afternoon is just under $100 shy of $20,000... nice job all :D
Tra la la la la...
virtualmert
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Just donated. Been out of the scene for awhile, but I might be around a bit now. Thanks for all you do.
:cautiously removes pants:
wottagunn
Art Expert

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:43 pm

long time no see. good to see you back
lujborg
Art Expert

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:25 pm

so we're sending out two emails per person now? come on.
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
BradWI
Art Enthusiast

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:28 pm

lujborg wrote:so we're sending out two emails per person now? come on.
yeah one was probably enough. anyone who cares enough to donate probably already uses the site enough to know about the fundraising.

to be honest, coming from years of experience with affiliate marketing, this site should easily make enough $ to pay for itself several times over with ebay affiliate income if implemented correctly.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:30 pm

Ya should totes volunteer your services then.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
lujborg
Art Expert

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:42 pm

BradWI wrote:
lujborg wrote:so we're sending out two emails per person now? come on.
yeah one was probably enough. anyone who cares enough to donate probably already uses the site enough to know about the fundraising.

to be honest, coming from years of experience with affiliate marketing, this site should easily make enough $ to pay for itself several times over with ebay affiliate income if implemented correctly.

100%. not sure why the begging is needed
I'm here for the oil palm breeding (international society member, since 2003)
cotis
Art Expert

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:45 pm

I just want my financial contributor pin.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:47 pm

Alright, just donated again. I'm not sure I'll be a beta tester as I don't think my EB email is the same as my PP email. So long as the site gets fixed its all good.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:01 pm

Let's address a few things here...

If your email is different from your registered email on EB, drop me a PM. I haven't gotten to any of those as of yet, but will. Right now I'm mid way thru donations on 9/27... it is a backlog. But I'm also one person doing this part of things and I still have a day job in addition to other things in life so I try and do it when I can, as I can...

The email today was meant to go to those who had not yet donated. After it was implemented (and because I got one myself), I realize that since I haven't gotten thru all of the donations from round 1 that the system likely wouldn't be recognizing those who had contributed... So my apologies for those who got it and had already given - you likely got it because I'm not caught up yet and there was no way around that.

Last up... not sure what amount of $ you think "should" be made from eBay commissions but if you think it's enough to cover the site "several times over" while also paying for servers, taxes, etc. well... you're more than a bit mistaken. But anyway... if you feel that it's not right to give to the campaign, that's up to you.

As a plus though... as of this afternoon we're just shy of $22,000... really amazing...
Tra la la la la...
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:13 pm

Yamar wrote:As a plus though... as of this afternoon we're just shy of $22,000... really amazing...
:clap:
So it goes...
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:30 pm

That’s awesome. :clap:

Did Mitchell and Doyle get in touch about their offer of prints to help the cause? Or is that something you need to get in touch with them about, since they already made the offer?

Edit, just went back and looked. Looks like both of them asked to be contacted about print donations. Ditto finnegan and Pollock via jenivirgo. Hope that has happened! :D
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Ya musta missed the part about the mods not wanting to be involved in selling third party posters. They said sell em yerself and donate the cash.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.