AdamScott
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:23 pm

Puzzle using fine art? Count me in.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/36 ... b2b43ea8e4
TheBoneOwl
New User

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:58 am

Whoa, just noticed this on my google alerts :)

Thanks for the love!

I had no idea this place existed but it looks like a killer community.

I'm Jason Tanner, one of the founders of Bone Ow Puzzles. My wife Allison is the other half of this team.

We came up with this idea when we were looking at the art we had on the walls while doing a rather uninspiring puzzle and thought "why can't the kinds of images we hang on our walls be the kinds of images we put together as a puzzle?"
Honestly we find it somewhat strange that for such an art-focused hobby as jigsaw puzzles, there's very little in the way of stunning "blow-you-away" kind of images. At least not like the indy artists we follow put out on the regular. There are some exceptions here and there but by and large the puzzle industry feels old and dated. Old paintings, cottages on lakes, nature, landscapes, etc... all very fine and good in their own right and the art they use IS fantastic for what it is but we want to focus on all those themes that get largely ignored by the big guys.

When I'm not working on this puzzle project you can usually find me brewing beer (I'm an avid homebrewer), smoking meat (prepping a brisket today in fact), or watching sci fi and horror films (I built a 2-row, 6 seat movie theater in my basement).

Anyway, if anyone has any questions, comments or whatever about Bone Owl Puzzles, or really anything, just let me know :)

- Jason