Pet Peeves- Vent Here! Let me feel your pain.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
fredo
Art God

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:48 pm

"Learning" to give birth is a little goofy but as you know- along with pushing, women also must endure (potentially) much while in the hospital and while in pain and possibly while scared fudge. I would not want to go through what my wife did...at all, ever....but certainly not without some prior knowledge around the ins and outs (heh - get it?) of the deal.
just a foil for me today, thanks
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:55 pm

fredo wrote:"Learning" to give birth is a little goofy but as you know- along with pushing, women also must endure (potentially) much while in the hospital and while in pain and possibly while scared fudge. I would not want to go through what my wife did...at all, ever....but certainly not without some prior knowledge around the ins and outs (heh - get it?) of the deal.
I understand. It wasn't a big deal for me. I didn't go natural - got med's which was not uncommon at the time.
fredo
Art God

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:14 pm

Yeah, we've got friends who say they barely felt a thing compared to what they were expecting. Nice for y'all!
Not sure about the numbers, but I think it's still fairly uncommon to go full-natural anymore.

Back on topic:
People who leave excessive distances between cars at stop lights. I still hate you.
just a foil for me today, thanks
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:27 pm

People who drive huge 4X4 trucks and slow down to a crawl when driving over a speed bump.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:12 pm

IWish wrote:People who drive huge 4X4 trucks and slow down to a crawl when driving over a speed bump.
But they might spill their big gulp
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:25 pm

drivers making a left hand turn from the directional lane, instead of the CENTER TURN LANE.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:37 pm

Half of the people on the road, really; including pedestrians.

Edit: If phish was still around, I am sure he could tell us all about it. He is going to be missed.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:41 pm

Thinking of phish, babbs, Foddie and a few others, this belongs in this thread: fun wackos who bring a lot of joy to this place getting a ban.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:15 am

wait. 420phish420 got banned?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:17 am

It appears to be so.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:20 am

i occasionally miss foodie. but not that much.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:46 am

35mmpaul wrote:i occasionally miss foodie. but not that much.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. I AM GOING TO RANDOMLY RAGE ABOUT SOMETHING YOU SHITS ARENT GOING TO KNOW OR CARE ABOUT. HOW CAN YOU MISS MY CAPS AND MY RANDOM RANTS?!?!?! TURTLES ARE drymounting AWESOME.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:29 am

I enjoyed all those dudes (to an extent). I miss Delta most though. He had a way of carving up deserving noobs that always cracked me up.

E.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:53 am

bubbie wrote:It appears to be so.

This one I'm entirely ok with.
peacedog
Art Expert

Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:19 pm

IWish wrote:
fredo wrote:
peacedog wrote:
IWish wrote:I never really understood the need for birthing classes - other than, being beneficial for the father(s). I mean...there's there's really only one thing the mother needs to do...to push that baby out.
:rolling: (from my wife)
From mine too. She'll be with y'all shortly to discuss.
What? Why the laughs? Sure, I understand we have to carry the child during pregnancy, but when it comes to delivery...it's fairly a simple process. PUSH! Of course, I can only speak about my experience. I've had discussions with other mothers and my pregnancy was easy in comparison. My point was, once you get to the hospital for delivery - the medical staff provides instructions which is why I didn't understand the need for birthing classes. Peace of mind, I guess and that's not a bad thing.
Yeah, my wife's delivery didn't go as smoothly as one would hope. She had terrible back problems (contractions in her back muscles?) and opted out of our natural child birth plan not long after we got to the hospital. Aside from that there was a ton of information learned in the classes that we hadn't really though about. And the birthing class provided a lot of knowledge beyond just popping the baby out as others have mentioned. Knowing what was coming, the stages she'd go through, all very helpful stuff that had both of us more prepared for the big game.

No one told us about the big puke at the beginning. Wish we'd known about that, she (we) was freaking out a little.