Currency Wars, USD, YEN, Bitcoin and what it means to you.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:41 pm

Luls. Thought ya were scooping em up once it dipped below $200.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:58 pm

Bought some at 183 yesterday, but with the 4% Coinbase tax, and the 1% bank tax. Have a bank transfer going on and hoping it stays low until my funds are cleared. Keeping my fingers crossed. One thing I learned is that it's always good to have cash sitting in my GDAX accounts for days like yesterday/today.

Goldman Sax predicted the sub 220, and 200, and I read that article on Sunday. I'll post it here when I find it again
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:08 pm

applehead wrote: Goldman Sax
luls
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:10 pm

applehead wrote:Bought some at 183 yesterday, but with the 4% Coinbase tax, and the 1% bank tax. Have a bank transfer going on and hoping it stays low until my funds are cleared. Keeping my fingers crossed. One thing I learned is that it's always good to have cash sitting in my GDAX accounts for days like yesterday/today.

Goldman Sax predicted the sub 220, and 200, and I read that article on Sunday. I'll post it here when I find it again
I don't work for Goldman but I'm looking for a sub 150 move sooner than later given the technical charts I follow...
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:11 pm

At least someone's actually reading charts in here, rather than regurgitating the garbage they read on reddit, picking an arbitrary price and declaring it "cheap".
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Codeblue wrote:Luls. Thought ya were scooping em up once it dipped below $200.
When it costs me $200 after fees... that ain't gonna do it. And yeah, I try to stay in tune with the charts and exchanges but it's tough when you actually have a job, ha.

At the end of the day, nobody knows dick.
alittle
Art Freak

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:19 pm

63schoeffling wrote: At the end of the day, nobody knows dick.
I imagine experienced traders are making a killing off people who have no clue what they're doing.
applehead
Art Expert

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Article posted on 7/9:
http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/07/09/ether ... ooks-real/

Doesn't help when the founder of ETH is publicly pointing out it's flaws, even though those flaws are far from being realized. Non-technical people hear something negative, and feel fear and sell. The reality is, these issues Vitalik Buterin stated won't be realized for possibly years. Win for us. Buy all you can sub 180, or sub 200.

There's also been updates on the news surrounding the IRS's court request for coinbase users account data. Now they are restricting their search for single transactions totaling above $20,000.

Japanese govt is in. Russia is not far behind. EU probably next. USA will recognize ETH as a new asset class, along with new regulations. I dont see that happening any time soon, maybe in a couple years for the USA
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:30 pm

alittle wrote:
63schoeffling wrote: At the end of the day, nobody knows dick.
I imagine experienced traders are making a killing off people who have no clue what they're doing.
Oh for sure. I meant in terms of predicting where the prices will end up over the long run. I mean just look at the morons who margin trade and got stuffed during that flash crash... unreal. I just buy and hold, then re-asses down the road.
soam24
Art Freak

Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:21 pm

applehead wrote:Article posted on 7/9:
http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/07/09/ether ... ooks-real/

Doesn't help when the founder of ETH is publicly pointing out it's flaws, even though those flaws are far from being realized. Non-technical people hear something negative, and feel fear and sell. The reality is, these issues Vitalik Buterin stated won't be realized for possibly years. Win for us. Buy all you can sub 180, or sub 200.

There's also been updates on the news surrounding the IRS's court request for coinbase users account data. Now they are restricting their search for single transactions totaling above $20,000.

Japanese govt is in. Russia is not far behind. EU probably next. USA will recognize ETH as a new asset class, along with new regulations. I dont see that happening any time soon, maybe in a couple years for the USA

It's fantastic that VB is pointing out the flaws imo. Knowing what to do moving forward.

I bet people are killing it on trading for sure. I for one, don't have the brass. All you can do is continue reading tech. analysis charts and what not to inform yourself.
taylorph
Art Expert

Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:52 pm

Scrembo has pretty insightful videos. Learned alot about reading charts from him. Here's his analysis about the current state of ETH. Basically, it's a correction from the insane bubble we experienced. It'll level off, buy the fudge out of it and then wait 6-12 months to start seeing it get above $300 again. Then fly your lambos to the moon.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:41 am

I'll max out interest free credit cards if it hits $100, ha. It's not a question of IF it will take off again, just a question of when.
applehead
Art Expert

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:31 am

taylorph wrote:Scrembo has pretty insightful videos. Learned alot about reading charts from him. Here's his analysis about the current state of ETH. Basically, it's a correction from the insane bubble we experienced. It'll level off, buy the fudge out of it and then wait 6-12 months to start seeing it get above $300 again. Then fly your lambos to the moon.
Sounds like the same thing that happened to BTC a few years back when it bubbled up to 1k. We'll see $400 or more again by years end. Look at poloniex. Almost all coins have been in the red yesterday thru sunday
soam24
Art Freak

Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:52 am

applehead wrote:
taylorph wrote:Scrembo has pretty insightful videos. Learned alot about reading charts from him. Here's his analysis about the current state of ETH. Basically, it's a correction from the insane bubble we experienced. It'll level off, buy the fudge out of it and then wait 6-12 months to start seeing it get above $300 again. Then fly your lambos to the moon.
Sounds like the same thing that happened to BTC a few years back when it bubbled up to 1k. We'll see $400 or more again by years end. Look at poloniex. Almost all coins have been in the red yesterday thru sunday

Thanks for that link TPH. Gonna subscribe.
artepersfizio
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Ethereum is cool - it's just not a store of value. Or a currency. Or decentralized (it's coopted by the creator and major corporations). Bitcoin is different, one of the best things about it is noone knows who Satoshi was. It's a decentralized currency / store of value. Come August 1st, it will become appealing to second/third world countries again.

Prediction? 50k in 2 years