The Ebay Advice Column

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:25 pm

butter80 wrote:Wow-Just had an EBay account suspended for selling outside of eBay. Thought I was toast but lucky smoothed it over with the agent. Won't do that again... :hanging:

they are cracking down on it. its was one of the major notes on one of their latest memos/messages.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:49 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
Philpenn wrote:Italy has an atrocious reputation, but all went fine the one time I sent there. LPs if it matters.
Thanks dude
that's what I thought I read from Blue on here in the past

can't take a chance on this kind of cash
Wasn't me. Neva had a problem shipping to Italy.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
bubbie
Art Expert

Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:36 am

Codeblue wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
Philpenn wrote:Italy has an atrocious reputation, but all went fine the one time I sent there. LPs if it matters.
Thanks dude
that's what I thought I read from Blue on here in the past
can't take a chance on this kind of cash
Wasn't me. Neva had a problem shipping to Italy.
I have never sold anything to anyone in Italy, but I bought fudge twice and both were horrendous experiences. #neveragain

In person, Italy is awesome though.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:41 am

Person is already throwing red flags asking if I'm going to pay the import taxes :lol:

I know there was some previous chatter in here about the postal system being poop
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:52 am

Grateful69Phish wrote: I know there was some previous chatter in here about the postal system being poop
There was...I remember that too. Think it was something flaky about their Customs.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:38 pm

Why is this a thing now? :evil:
Capture.JPG
halftonegraphics wrote:
butter80 wrote:Wow-Just had an EBay account suspended for selling outside of eBay. Thought I was toast but lucky smoothed it over with the agent. Won't do that again... :hanging:
they are cracking down on it. its was one of the major notes on one of their latest memos/messages.
I received a warning about this a few months back after someone asked for an email address and I closed the listing a few days later.
padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:28 pm

theperfecttree wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
I received a warning about this a few months back after someone asked for an email address and I closed the listing a few days later.
I just tell people "not here - find me somewhere else"
If they can't find me, I probably don't want to sell to them anyway.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:01 pm

Received my showcard back in the mail today with very very minor 'marks' on it. Case was closed too and I got to keep my money 8)
Vorpel
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:54 pm

padelimike wrote:
theperfecttree wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:
I just tell people "not here - find me somewhere else"
If they can't find me, I probably don't want to sell to them anyway.

Great advice. Thanks
ccsmd598
Art Expert

Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:31 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:So a guy bought a print from me in CA. In my listing description I made it a point that the print would be sent USPS priority with signature confirmation/insured. Print got delivered over a week and go and dude still hasn't picked it up. I sent him two messages already with no responses. If this guy doesn't pick up the print and it gets sent back to me is the whole transaction void?

Update!

So the buyer had to reschedule delivery by July 8th or it was getting sent back to me. I ended up sending him 3 total messages in the last two weeks with no responses.

Two days ago I said drymount it and rescheduled the delivery myself for today, figuring Saturday would be the best chance of getting him at home. When I reschedule the shipping on USPS I left a note under special instructions that said "Please knock loudly, hard of hearing".

Delivered with recipient this afternoon lol
Ya'll see the leprechaun say yaaaaaa!
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:13 pm

ccsmd598 wrote:
ccsmd598 wrote:So a guy bought a print from me in CA. In my listing description I made it a point that the print would be sent USPS priority with signature confirmation/insured. Print got delivered over a week and go and dude still hasn't picked it up. I sent him two messages already with no responses. If this guy doesn't pick up the print and it gets sent back to me is the whole transaction void?

Update!

So the buyer had to reschedule delivery by July 8th or it was getting sent back to me. I ended up sending him 3 total messages in the last two weeks with no responses.

Two days ago I said drymount it and rescheduled the delivery myself for today, figuring Saturday would be the best chance of getting him at home. When I reschedule the shipping on USPS I left a note under special instructions that said "Please knock loudly, hard of hearing".

Delivered with recipient this afternoon lol
That's amazing. Nicely done!
I donate anonymously.
letstalkprints
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:41 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
If you stay in the Expresso Beans location then shipping to Italy is a breeze!
I'm your huckleberry. That's just my game.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:31 am

International transactions are always a trip
got a wild one in amsterdam
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:52 pm

Block this piece of fudge.
wildwes2123

Buys item three weeks ago.
I open a non payer claim.
Says he will finally pay it if I pay the shipping.
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:36 pm

so guy buys item, hasn't paid in 48 hours. told him bid would be cancelled after 48 hours.

filed unpaid item case... am I safe to relist?

*edit - I know unpaid item case can take up to a month to resolve, and I'm fine sitting on item. but figured i'd see what others have experienced in this situation.