LEGO - The thread.

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
tourist504
Art Expert

Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:28 pm

mobius006 wrote: I'm fine being against anything that currently in production, but for out of print sets, lego isn't selling the ability to get them. They have already made a much money as they will. They get no profit from anything on ebay.
And except for the LEGO imprints on the pieces themselves, the bricks are indistinguishable.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:17 pm

I personally would totally buy a knockoff set of something like the UCS Falcon or something similar I'll never have otherwise. Lego will never see a dime if I buy a legit Lego piece or not so what do I care?
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:21 pm

tourist504 wrote:
mobius006 wrote: I'm fine being against anything that currently in production, but for out of print sets, lego isn't selling the ability to get them. They have already made a much money as they will. They get no profit from anything on ebay.
And except for the LEGO imprints on the pieces themselves, the bricks are indistinguishable.
But what if they are planning on re-releasing it?
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
mobius006
Art Freak

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:29 pm

starkdesign wrote:
tourist504 wrote:
mobius006 wrote: I'm fine being against anything that currently in production, but for out of print sets, lego isn't selling the ability to get them. They have already made as much money as they will. They get no profit from anything on ebay.
Then when they do, buy there. But waiting around for a reissue isn't worth it though if you want it now. How many sets have they historically done that with?
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:31 pm

Thats actually why I haven't bought the UCS falcon from a knockoff yet. Waiting on the rerelease
starkdesign
Art Expert

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:47 pm

mobius006 wrote:
starkdesign wrote:
tourist504 wrote:
mobius006 wrote: I'm fine being against anything that currently in production, but for out of print sets, lego isn't selling the ability to get them. They have already made as much money as they will. They get no profit from anything on ebay.
Then when they do, buy there. But waiting around for a reissue isn't worth it though if you want it now. How many sets have they historically done that with?
Good question...I know some models have been re-released by saying it was "improved" like the x-wing and millennium falcon (well, that was more a different version i guess), but holiday sets too? Burj for architecture got a new version...but yeah, its a low count list.

so if you bought a knockoff, and then LEGO re-released it, would you buy the legit version too?
Image New Zelda collection grid, but still need more; gotta keep adding to my collection! Image
edgar
Art Expert

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:47 pm

I collected/bought the parts to build the Green Grocer. Made some substitutions with parts, too. Lego parts.

It would've been much easier to buy a lepin grocer set but I never would have displayed/aligned that with the other modulars in my city. I mean - why would I?

Limeted
Edition
Get
One
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
mobius006
Art Freak

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:59 pm

starkdesign wrote:
mobius006 wrote:
Good question...I know some models have been re-released by saying it was "improved" like the x-wing and millennium falcon (well, that was more a different version i guess), but holiday sets too? Burj for architecture got a new version...but yeah, its a low count list.

so if you bought a knockoff, and then LEGO re-released it, would you buy the legit version too?
Depends on the set. For modular builds I personally would, other sets I wouldn't.

edgar wrote:I collected/bought the parts to build the Green Grocer. Made some substitutions with parts, too. Lego parts.

It would've been much easier to buy a lepin grocer set but I never would have displayed/aligned that with the other modulars in my city. I mean - why would I?

Limeted
Edition
Get
One
And thats great! While I wish I had the time, funds, etc to get there myself on this set, I don't. I will continue to buy new lego sets, but open to getting closed out ones from a 3rd party If I need to.
rmoore
Art Expert

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:44 pm

What an odd discussion to be having around these parts. If somebody came along in a Moss or Stout thread discussing the best way to buy counterfeit posters, they'd get their ass chased out in an instant. Double standards are hilarious.

"Stout won't see a dime from a legit or knockoff The Thing, so who cares?"
BENYOUNG20
Art Expert

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:53 pm

rmoore wrote:What an odd discussion to be having around these parts. If somebody came along in a Moss or Stout thread discussing the best way to buy counterfeit posters, they'd get their ass chased out in an instant. Double standards are hilarious.

"Stout won't see a dime from a legit or knockoff The Thing, so who cares?"
This.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:59 pm

That's apples and oranges imo.
It's toys vs. art. Huge corporatio vs. singular artist

And yes I do own an 11x14 knock off set of Moss Star Wars
rmoore
Art Expert

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:02 pm

I personally don't care who collects what, but this is a Lego thread, not a Lepin thread. Apples and oranges. :pint:
edgar
Art Expert

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:35 pm

rmoore wrote:I personally don't care who collects what, but this is a Lego thread, not a Lepin thread. Apples and oranges. :pint:
Exactly why I wrote this yesterday.
edgar wrote:This has no place here. Please start a bootleg/bogus goods thread and repost there.
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
mrwak
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:57 pm

The Ninjago modular set looks incredible. Probably can't afford it now but down the line when it's slightly discounted here in Australia.
finneganm wrote: Come see Al lien on Blurgday, Januanerrry 28nd! In spaces some people can smell you yelling.
tourist504
Art Expert

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:31 pm

Please tell me how you plan on policing this thread for Lepin infiltration. I assure you its already rampant.
maden wrote:I would like to see a 16"+ diameter tube.
BlakeAronson wrote:This one is just big enough, but not too overwhelming in size.
jordachep wrote::drool: Can't believe the size. I want this so bad.
Imagex6