The Anti-Pet Peeve Thread - Small things that made your day

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:47 pm

Ridiculous. Hopefully it gets overturned.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:04 pm

I couldn't believe it when i saw that. No way it holds up. If they can start arresting people for being assholes with poor judgement they are gonna have to start building a fudge load more subsidized prisons
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:20 pm

stuckeyc wrote:I couldn't believe it when i saw that. No way it holds up. If they can start arresting people for being assholes with poor judgement they are gonna have to start building a fudge load more subsidized prisons
...or people are going to have to stop being assholes online and deal with the consequences of their words.
Pushing people towards suicide has no place in society.

Only a bully would see it any other way. Not that shocking at those who have commented thus far...and I bet more will follow.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:33 pm

What about bootstraps doe?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Are you kidding? Dude backed out several times and she coaxed him back into killing himself every single time. She's a sick human being.
On July 14, according to testimony, Carter texted a classmate, "I do blame myself, it's my fault. I was talking to him while he killed himself."
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:10 pm

The most telling thing to me were the reports that he left the vehicle claiming he didn't want to die and she told him something along the lines of "don't chicken out, get back in the car"

Now, she was a 16 year old kid or some such, so to think she comprehended the consequences of her actions is pretty ridiculous, but she acted like a shitty human being for sure. Was she solely responsible for the dude's death? Probably not. It sounded like he had mental health issues anyway. But knowingly manipulating the emotions of someone who is unstable can be considered criminal I suppose. I don't know that I agree with her being tried as an adult and a lot of how I feel about the conviction will depend on the sentencing. I certainly don't think she should get the max 20 years or whatever it is.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
fredo
Art God

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:42 pm

Agreed^^
Clearly criminal behavior...from a minor.
o4phish20o wrote:
stuckeyc wrote:I couldn't believe it when i saw that. No way it holds up. If they can start arresting people for being assholes with poor judgement they are gonna have to start building a fudge load more subsidized prisons
...or people are going to have to stop being assholes online and deal with the consequences of their words.

Only a bully would see it any other way. Not that shocking at those who have commented thus far...and I bet more will follow.
Said Founding Father who advocated running down cyclists so's to not have to merge sooner than he'd like.
Last edited by fredo on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
just a foil for me today, thanks
HairyHood
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:46 pm

She was like 2 months away from turning 18
fredo
Art God

Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Aka a minor. But probably gonna stay a psycho for life.
HairyHood
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:23 pm

fredo wrote:Aka a minor. But probably gonna stay a psycho for life.
I get it, but we aren't exactly talking about a childish moment or lack of judgment. fudge was calculated in cold blood and downright evil. Also, it's involuntary manslaughter -- she won't serve more than a year. Mark it.
fredo
Art God

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:31 pm

Oh it was bad alright and she probably oughta have something coming. To be fair, the teenaged brain isn't fully there yet when it comes to understanding, truly, and caring about consequences and that upbringing can send kids on a shitty course for a while before they self correct (assuming they're not in jail on drugs etc by then). So there's actually a chance she isn't effed for life.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:33 pm

fredo wrote:
o4phish20o wrote:

Said Founding Father who advocated running down cyclists so's to not have to merge sooner than he'd like.
Lock him up! Lock him up!
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Her actions contributed significantly to the death of her boyfriend IMO. Some of the messages are pretty sickening and she supposedly listened to him die. I don't think she is necessarily a complete nutter though, given some of the insanely ignorant and stupid fudge many teenagers do. If she's not a complete sociopath, maybe the conviction can actually do what the justice system is ideally supposed to do and help rehabilitate her.

Or we will read about her driving across the country in a diaper to murder someone in about 10 years.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:31 pm

:clap: fredo. As soon as I read phish420 talking about people being assholes I immediately recalled his blatherings about how he handles traffic and cyclists. Oh the irony...
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
35mmpaul
Art Expert

Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:58 am

link?
jkw3000 - Nobody ever really wins in this hobby.
Olly - I'm a hack asshole unable to provide you with what you want.
Gonzo's Mom- And some of you are the demons!