FIND A CALL OUT THREAD HERE

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:23 am

Not once the thread gets purged.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:19 am

mattkardish wrote:Plenty of reading on FB for calling out "rthursdayx182" just as a heads up.
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 0&t=172226
dimejinky99
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:38 am

Had a weird experience.
Hadn't traded or sold or bought anything on here in a long time.
Sold a print to a guy on here.
Sent it off.
He opened a PayPal dispute saying it was damaged in transit and the tube and print dented and that there was tape on the back. (There wasn't when I sent it)
We went back n forth and it escalated and PayPal took his side surprise surprise.
Weirdly registered post just didn't come up in conversation. (Insured and with tracking number etc).
I totally forgot to offer it and he never asked for it.

Anyways PayPal hit me for €100 and he was to send the poster back to me and I just thought I had to suck it up.

Then the other day I got an email from them saying the buyer didn't supply adequate tracking info to them so they refunded me the €100. But the poster never arrived either?

Does this mean he never sent it? He was balls out furious about the whole thing so I'm sure he did but I've never had a dispute against me in PayPal so I don't know how this works. But I've never heard of them going back on a decision like this.

Anyone have similar experience?
dave d
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:58 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Had a weird experience.
Hadn't traded or sold or bought anything on here in a long time.
Sold a print to a guy on here.
Sent it off.
He opened a PayPal dispute saying it was damaged in transit and the tube and print dented and that there was tape on the back. (There wasn't when I sent it)
We went back n forth and it escalated and PayPal took his side surprise surprise.
Weirdly registered post just didn't come up in conversation. (Insured and with tracking number etc).
I totally forgot to offer it and he never asked for it.

Anyways PayPal hit me for €100 and he was to send the poster back to me and I just thought I had to suck it up.

Then the other day I got an email from them saying the buyer didn't supply adequate tracking info to them so they refunded me the €100. But the poster never arrived either?

Does this mean he never sent it? He was balls out furious about the whole thing so I'm sure he did but I've never had a dispute against me in PayPal so I don't know how this works. But I've never heard of them going back on a decision like this.

Anyone have similar experience?
handle?
dimejinky99
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:44 pm

Nah I'm not calling the guy out or anything. We both had an unfortunate experience through no direct fault of our own.
We even kept it civil while trying to go through the dispute process.
dave d
SPAC04
Art Expert

Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:01 pm

dimejinky99 wrote:Nah I'm not calling the guy out or anything. We both had an unfortunate experience through no direct fault of our own.
We even kept it civil while trying to go through the dispute process.

sry...it's a reflex. I've never had that experience, but i do hope it works out for the both you . (Win/Win/Win style)
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun May 28, 2017 10:26 am

Has anyone done business with Matthewbruce1981? I received a private message from him this weekend with one of the posters in my wanted section. It's at a good price but he has no posts and he's been a member here since August 2016. No sales either and the poster he's offering isn't anywhere in his collection or wt section of his profile. My gut is telling me to pass and it seems fishy but wanted to check to see if anyone has done business with him before? Thank you!
DoubleDown
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 28, 2017 10:47 am

^ I would avoid that transaction all together. Unless the guy wants to send you the print first and then you pay.
Skrilly
Art Expert

Sun May 28, 2017 11:11 am

Irishman12 wrote:Has anyone done business with Matthewbruce1981? I received a private message from him this weekend with one of the posters in my wanted section. It's at a good price but he has no posts and he's been a member here since August 2016. No sales either and the poster he's offering isn't anywhere in his collection or wt section of his profile. My gut is telling me to pass and it seems fishy but wanted to check to see if anyone has done business with him before? Thank you!

Trust your gut
virtualj
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 28, 2017 11:13 am

Skrilly wrote:
Irishman12 wrote:Has anyone done business with Matthewbruce1981? I received a private message from him this weekend with one of the posters in my wanted section. It's at a good price but he has no posts and he's been a member here since August 2016. No sales either and the poster he's offering isn't anywhere in his collection or wt section of his profile. My gut is telling me to pass and it seems fishy but wanted to check to see if anyone has done business with him before? Thank you!

Trust your gut
My gut says I'm getting a good deal. PayPal and Amex got my back
I donate anonymously.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun May 28, 2017 4:52 pm

I trust this guy's gut.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sun May 28, 2017 9:26 pm

Cool, thanks for the feedback everyone.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:58 pm

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Irishman12
Art Expert

Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:21 pm

I just wanted to provide an update. So I did purchase and received the print from Matthewbruce1981. I requested he submit an invoice through PayPal which he had no problem doing. The poster was shipped 4 days after payment was received and the poster was in my hands 2 days later. A smooth transaction overall!
canuck
Art Freak

Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:24 am

Get that feel good crap outta here. I wanna read about pain when I come in here!! :twisted: