MLB 2017

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Kramerica on Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:48 pm

R.I.P Yordano Ventura. My heart goes out to his family and teammates. :cry:
Kramerica
Art Freak

When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH

Postby canuck on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:48 pm

Just met Orel Hershiser here at the Wynn playing poker. I had no clue who he was(lil before my time)but a friend made me get an autograph for him. Was a nice guy.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby turnJBup on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:36 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (170.11 KiB) Viewed 697 times

Jake Peavy y'all!
drymount drymount drymount I would love to see this show.
:x :x
turnJBup
Art Expert

Postby turnJBup on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:38 am

canuck wrote:Just met Orel Hershiser here at the Wynn playing poker. I had no clue who he was(lil before my time)but a friend made me get an autograph for him. Was a nice guy.

The bulldog.
He gave LA our last championship... like 255 years ago.
turnJBup
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:48 pm

As cotis said, Cashman has done an incredible job, getting this team younger, shedding some of those big contracts all while remaining competitive and fighting for a playoff spot. I don't believe Cashman gets enough credit. I'm just glad they sold last year at the deadline in trading Chapman and Miller while stocking up on prospects. They'll compete again this year but I'm looking forward to 2018 and 2019 when some of these guys start coming up. Honestly, I think they should start Judge in the minors and let him get a little more seasoning. I also hope Severino can turn things around. I don't understand why the Yankees cannot develop starters? I just hope Sanchez doesn't have a sophomore slump similar to Severino because he was killing the ball last year!
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby FlapJack on Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:55 am

Let's go Tribe ... this is their year! :clap:
FlapJack
Art Expert

Postby canuck on Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:41 pm

That gif is awesome.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby FroDawg on Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:23 am

On this date in 1974, my childhood hero, Hank Aaron, passed The Babe as MLB's all-time Home Run King. Although he no longer has the most HRs in MLB history, in my mind, he is still the HR King. He did it with powerful and quick wrists and work ethic...nothing else...and he kept the same body shape throughout his career.

:notworthy:
FroDawg
Art Expert

"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."

Postby Irishman12 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:09 pm

The injury bug is really hitting the Yankees hard so far this year. Didi Gregorius injuries his shoulder in the World Baseball Classic and is out until May. Greg Bird has an injured ankle and has missed the last 4 games. And now Gary Sanchez has a biceps strain and is going to be out until May as well. And we're only 7 games into this season.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby phishstix101 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:56 pm

FroDawg wrote:On this date in 1974, my childhood hero, Hank Aaron, passed The Babe as MLB's all-time Home Run King. Although he no longer has the most HRs in MLB history, in my mind, he is still the HR King. He did it with powerful and quick wrists and work ethic...nothing else...and he kept the same body shape throughout his career.

:notworthy:

We get to celebrate this gentleman today! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
phishstix101
Art Expert

Postby duckyhoward on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:02 pm

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/04/19/ichiro-home-run-seattle-mariners-final-game?xid=socialflow_facebook_si
Boom! :clap: A great way for Ichiro to (likely) finish-off his efforts at Safeco Field over the years.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.

Postby earlgreytoast on Mon May 01, 2017 7:55 am

I'd love to see some badass pitcher stare directly into the camera as he walks off the mound each inning. I've never seen someone do it and I think it would be awesome. Especially after he strikes out the side or gets out of a jam.

These are my thoughts now that my team, the New York Metropolitans, are done for the season.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Codeblue wrote:This thread is boring. I'm going to go jerk off.

http://artsy.bigcartel.com/

Postby cotis on Mon May 01, 2017 9:30 am

nothing like letting your players dictate when they go and get MRI's. :roll:

assuming Thor will be done for awhile, bicep and now a lat issue. see ya in 2018.
cotis
Art Expert

Postby Irishman12 on Mon May 01, 2017 9:35 am

Still early I know but coming into yesterday, the Yankees had sole possession of the best record in baseball. This morning it's a 3-way tie in second. Still incredibly early but don't sleep on the Yankees. I know most wrote them off coming into the season. Judge has been on fire recently, and they've been doing this without Sanchez! I can't wait to see those guys in the lineup together again.
Irishman12
Art Connoisseur

Postby cotis on Mon May 01, 2017 9:57 am

Irishman12 wrote:Still early I know but coming into yesterday, the Yankees had sole possession of the best record in baseball. This morning it's a 3-way tie in second. Still incredibly early but don't sleep on the Yankees. I know most wrote them off coming into the season. Judge has been on fire recently, and they've been doing this without Sanchez! I can't wait to see those guys in the lineup together again.

Chris Carter is painful to watch.

wish he'd get DFA when Gary comes back, but I know that will never happen.
cotis
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports