NBA 2016-2017

An arena for athletics. Post lifetime is 1 year.

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:53 pm

Rockets gonna nab game 2 tonight I hope!
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:03 pm

Meanwhile the C's are done but given Thomas' circumstances...can't blame 'em. Hell I kinda want the series to be over for his sake, at this point.
jkw3000
Art Freak

35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.

Postby RottenAtom on Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:31 pm

jkw3000 wrote:Meanwhile the C's are done but given Thomas' circumstances...can't blame 'em. Hell I kinda want the series to be over for his sake, at this point.

Yep, kinda had a feeling this would happen when I heard about her death. Chicago has the edge and the experience. When I saw him crying on the bench the way he was before game 1 (can't blame him, I'd be like drymount a game...), I figured they were done for. Sucks for him, the team, and the fans. (I don't know all the details of the crash, but apparently she didn't crash into anyone else and she wasn't wearing her seatbelt. Bet she was playing with her phone... Darwin wins again).

Missed the Rockets/Thunder game tonight. Looks like Russ was going off and it still wasn't enough. Was it a fun game to watch?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby Cinlabyrinth on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:43 am

RottenAtom wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:Meanwhile the C's are done but given Thomas' circumstances...can't blame 'em. Hell I kinda want the series to be over for his sake, at this point.

Yep, kinda had a feeling this would happen when I heard about her death. Chicago has the edge and the experience. When I saw him crying on the bench the way he was before game 1 (can't blame him, I'd be like drymount a game...), I figured they were done for. Sucks for him, the team, and the fans. (I don't know all the details of the crash, but apparently she didn't crash into anyone else and she wasn't wearing her seatbelt. Bet she was playing with her phone... Darwin wins again).

Missed the Rockets/Thunder game tonight. Looks like Russ was going off and it still wasn't enough. Was it a fun game to watch?

I had fun watching it, seeing Harden play like crap with Russ going bananas (although he was horrible in the 4th Q, threw up lots of bricks with little to no ball movement at all) and the Rockets still manage to come back. They made their run in the 4th Q with Harden on the bench, when he came back on he had been sitting 5-7 mins and hit some clutch shots. The bench guys made plays when it mattered for the Rockets, Lou and Gordon. I know y'all don't like the Rockets so probably not fun for you, but I enjoyed it! 51 and a fairly early triple double from Russ and still the Rockets were able to win it. Good news for HOU.
Cinlabyrinth
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:44 am

Westbrook looks like he's reaching that point when the gas tank goes empty just before the game ends. I mean, he's gonna get most of the flak for being the reason they lose when he's gassed (rightly so) but good gravy the stuff he can do...

jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:29 am

Cinlabyrinth wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:

I had fun watching it, seeing Harden play like crap with Russ going bananas (although he was horrible in the 4th Q, threw up lots of bricks with little to no ball movement at all) and the Rockets still manage to come back. They made their run in the 4th Q with Harden on the bench, when he came back on he had been sitting 5-7 mins and hit some clutch shots. The bench guys made plays when it mattered for the Rockets, Lou and Gordon. I know y'all don't like the Rockets so probably not fun for you, but I enjoyed it! 51 and a fairly early triple double from Russ and still the Rockets were able to win it. Good news for HOU.

:lol:

Right on, glad you enjoyed it :pint:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby RottenAtom on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:30 am

Beast mode Lebron is so much fun to watch (unless you're on the receiving end)
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Postby FlapJack on Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:30 am

RottenAtom wrote:Beast mode Lebron is so much fun to watch (unless you're on the receiving end)

Yeah, Irving and Love had prime seats from the bench to watch some vintage LBJ (and some passable defense in the 2H).
FlapJack
Art Expert

Postby PrintNoob87 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:34 am

For sure. There's few things more amazing to watch in sports than LeBron in hulk mode.

Cavs need to get it this year - Bucks are on that accelerated ascension in the east. I hope we get an epic Cavs/Bucks series in the next couple years with Giannis taking the torch.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby jkw3000 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:36 am

Bucks still feel like they're a piece or two away from real contention, but no mistake there - Giannis is up next. Damn he is a joy to watch.
jkw3000
Art Freak

Postby PrintNoob87 on Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:53 am

A shooter, a Thon with another year of seasoning, and a healthy Jabari if he becomes even a mediocre defender.
PrintNoob87
Art Expert

Postby canuck on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:11 pm

Chris Paul...I hate you.
canuck
Art Freak

Image Image Image Image

Postby Scottjohnston on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:22 pm

Huge W for the Raps! Hopefully they can string a few together here :hanging:

Scottjohnston
Art Expert

ImageImageImageImage

Postby mtarail on Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:40 am

With Lowry's prior injury the team hasn't had any real opportunity before now to coalesce, but I really like that team. It wouldn't surprise me much if they came out of the east in these playoffs
mtarail
Art Expert

Postby mlinderer on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:52 pm

Dwayne Wade should not be a starter for the Bulls... compiling bad decisions on top of a very lackluster effort is hard to watch. I'd rather watch any of the Bulls youngsters that at least can move down the court or jump over a phone book. I'm surprised my wife hasn't thrown something through the tv by now.
mlinderer
Art Expert

PreviousNext

Return to Sports