The official IWish weight bag thread

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:05 am

8) Thanks guys.

I'm looking forward to getting started on long bags. There is one product that I need that is only available online - ordered yesterday. I still hope to have a couple finished in a week...maybe 10 days depending on when I get that delivery. Meanwhile, I've been brainstorming like crazy. I'm feelin' good about this.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:11 am

I see you in here, FOODRAP. Order a set of my large bags (without images) and I'll send you a set of your peronalized "fight club" covers at no charge.

http://thebagladylikesart.bigcartel.com ... mage-large
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:23 pm

I'd like to thank those who have been sharing my links. :D Sincere thanks! I've seen more gig poster sets, lately. Here are a few custom sets that I've made recently. Very cool.

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:49 pm

Oh mazn if ya can get the hippie cru to back ya you'll be rolling in dough.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
AliRock110
Art Expert

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:57 pm

Are you making long bags?
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:28 pm

I completed and sent out 3 prototype 24" long bags.

Here is the info I sent to explain the long bags. The bags were designed as "fill 'em yourself" - filling using rolls of U.S. pennies; hence the logo/name "PENNYWEIGHT". I received responses back from two of the three members to whom I sent the prototypes (one guy never responded at all.) The results were positive from two members. Finished bag measured: 3 1/2" x 24".

If anyone is interested in long bags, I can ask the two members that rec'd prototypes if they'd be willing to be a 'reference' as to design, performance and quality/workmanship of the bags. Just let me know.
2-channel bag to hold 7 rolls each (total 14 rolls with total aprox weight just over 3 1/2" lbs. ) w/velcro closure and has soft padding on the bottom. There is a portion of the filled bag shown in the pic has rolls inserted (top bag). There is 1/2" space between the two channels creating an outside channel to add an additional 7 rolls (temporarily when needed) on top to increase weight even more by 1 1/4 lbs. lol...can't imagine anyone needing 5 lbs. of weight, though.

Love making gig poster bags. Crap pic, but this New Years set is still one of my favs. Gave away a set on a gig poster thread, here on EB, several years ago.

IWish
Art Expert

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:50 am

The first photo is pretty dark - here's a lightened version. Designing 24" bags to ship "unfilled" lowers shipping costs and requires $7.00 in penny rolls to fill them yourself. (It isn't necessary to unroll the penny roll paper wrappers to use. Easy peasy.)

time
Art Expert

Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:14 pm

IWish wrote:The first photo is pretty dark - here's a lightened version. Designing 24" bags to ship "unfilled" lowers shipping costs and requires $7.00 in penny rolls to fill them yourself. (It isn't necessary to unroll the penny roll paper wrappers to use. Easy peasy.)

These looks very promising! And considering the many IWish weight bags we have (and love) already, we're looking forward to trying these. By the way, just a thought. Since the width of the prints tend to be 24" or shorter, maybe these should be 24 1/2" or 25" so they hang a little off each side to flatten properly. Otherwise, you have to get them just right to fit on the corners, which tend to be where most of us put the "regular" sized bags.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:08 pm

Thanks for your nice words.

Good point regarding the width of the bag, time. The 24" bags are designed to hold 7 rolls in each channel - they fit 'snug' with minimal side-to-side sliding inside. Using 8 rolls each channel will make for some super-long bags - at aprox 28"+ I'd imagine they'd be unwieldy. Dunno' maybe that's just me. Heh.

I don't have a flat file, but it seemed to me that 24" width was a good size - in case some want to use them in their flat file cabinet drawers. These bags have a low profile (height) that might make them suitable.

If anyone else has questions, don't hesitate to ask.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 pm

IWish wrote:Thanks for your nice words.

Good point regarding the width of the bag, time. The 24" bags are designed to hold 7 rolls in each channel - they fit 'snug' with minimal side-to-side sliding inside. Using 8 rolls each channel will make for some super-long bags - at aprox 28"+ I'd imagine they'd be unwieldy. Dunno' maybe that's just me. Heh.

I don't have a flat file, but it seemed to me that 24" width was a good size - in case some want to use them in their flat file cabinet drawers. These bags have a low profile (height) that might make them suitable.

If anyone else has questions, don't hesitate to ask.
Even if you don't have a poster to flatten, you can use them for home defense! Seriously, those are a great idea Sue. Sign me up for a pair!
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:44 pm

Ha-ha! I thought of that, toolfan (using them as a weapon.) I also thought...well...if you're down on your luck - you can always cash-in the pennies for a combo meal. Thanks for posting. 8)

There is room for improvement on these - albeit minor adjustments. All-in-all I think it's a good design. Before I start making adjustments, I'm waiting to hear back from someone - then hoping to forward that prototype bag to someone else to test. (Guess real life stuff got in the way...no response from the guy of the 3 I sent out in Feb.)
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Is there a way to order the penny bags through the website or should we just PM you?
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:19 pm

I hope to have inventory in my store, soon...1-2 weeks. I will make an announcement post in this thread and in my sig when the time comes. I really want to get feedback on that 3rd bag of the original proto. If I don't hear from him about returning it soon - I'll proceed w/design adjustments to get final product/inventory in my store and ready to ship.

Thanks for inquiring, MJ.

8) I'm feelin' good about this.
MJGallicchio
Art Expert

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:29 pm

Thanks. I've been pairing a set of your bags with Bond DVD box sets for way too long now. I figure it's time for more so this is perfect timing.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:22 am

time wrote: These looks very promising! And considering the many IWish weight bags we have (and love) already, we're looking forward to trying these. By the way, just a thought. Since the width of the prints tend to be 24" or shorter, maybe these should be 24 1/2" or 25" so they hang a little off each side to flatten properly. Otherwise, you have to get them just right to fit on the corners, which tend to be where most of us put the "regular" sized bags.
I think I have a solution to this. Perhaps it's best to make these w/2-channels at 4 rolls each (8 total). This will make bags aprox 13" long. Shorter bags, (used in pairs), will allow for better placement extending past print edges. (13" bags would weigh aprox. 2 1/4 lbs. each)

Feel free to comment or offer suggestions in this thread.