Poster Mountain Appreciation Thread

Information on shipping, storing and repairing your art, plus your reviews on products for art collecting, making, storing, etc..
mexicoisfun
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:11 pm

Rainbolt wrote:
mexicoisfun wrote:I sent them an email with pictures. Hopefully they can help, doesn't make since to limit your market and only do vintage.
That is their business model so it makes perfect sense. John tried to open it up to mondo type posters but found people in this group to be very difficult to work with at times. Actually had someone ask him to pay full market price for a print they fixed but then the client sold it and it got damaged because it wasn't supposed to be rolled again. But because he assumed the client would never sell it he never mentioned it.

Different clientele, different habits, different headaches.
That's understandable. I got my fingers crossed. This print took a long time to track down and it's not something I'd sell. I bought it off ebay last year and the seller kept it in a tube for years. The kraft paper it was rolled in was rotting away and the print was damaged. I took a partial refund because I didn't want to let go of the poster. I even got it signed by Ken Taylor. I tried the water trick on the scuff last night and it didn't help at all. If PM can't help I'll just get it framed. The creased on the edges can be framed out and maybe if I'm lucky the scuff won't be noticeable behind glass. I just saw that amazing job they did on that mummy print and was hopefully they could bring my poltergeist back to life.
flip flip flipadelphia
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:29 pm

I've heard they don't drymount wit Mondos anymore cuz the paper is fudge.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Hellboy
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:14 pm

Codeblue wrote:I've heard they don't drymount wit Mondos anymore cuz the paper is fudge.
That's a shame, they did a wonderful job on mine.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:57 pm

Just got an email from John Davis at Poster Mountain asking me to review 2 PDFs. I had them repair one poster years ago. My phone is drymounted if I view those Adobe files right?
HisBobness
Art Expert

Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:50 pm

Philpenn wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:57 pm
Just got an email from John Davis at Poster Mountain asking me to review 2 PDFs. I had them repair one poster years ago. My phone is drymounted if I view those Adobe files right?
Are you thinking Poster Mountain got hacked and you're worried about opening the document?
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:04 pm

Yes.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:11 pm

Don't open dat jawn. Use a sandbox if yer dat curious.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:40 pm

Just can't think of why they'd be asking me to look at something 5 years after I hired them.
finneganm
Art Freak

Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:56 am

Here’s how you can tell if it’s malicious, and not really from the good folks at Poster Mountain:

It is.

Also, just call them.
That's what she said
Philpenn
Art Expert

Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:56 am

I deleted that email shortly after my first post about it. They'll just have to make due without my thoughts on those images.