Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:08 am

It was St Paddy's so I figured why not.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
fredo
Art God

Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:23 am

That's some labeling. Was there a microchip involved?
just a foil for me today, thanks
ackirkpatrick
Art Expert

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:03 am

halftonegraphics wrote:
partpat wrote:I just saw a commercial for Jameson whiskey aged in "craft beer barrels" :lol: they are aging whiskey in old
Stout barrels now !?
Jameson Caskmates is undeniably triple distilled Jameson Original and retains all of the famous Jameson smoothness one expects. However, the unique twist in the finish tells you undoubtedly that it has been rubbing shoulders with a fabulous Irish stout.

We all know how a drink down at the local can leed to many an adventure as it has over hundreds of years. Its good to know it’s a tradition that continues today. Plans hatched over a drink (or two) can of course lead to misadventure and shenanigans but, it must be said, a shared drink can lead to great collaborations too.

That's what happened when Jameson Master Distiller, Brian Nation shared a beverage or two with Cork Brewery Franciscan Wells‘ Master Brewer. Between themselves an idea led to an experiment. And as the two Masters collaborated, thatched what turned out to be a Master plan.

Soon, a batch of empty Jameson’s casks were dispatched to County Cork where for a time Franciscan Wells’ used them as receptacles in which to age their craft Irish stout. With fine results.

Eventually, job done the casks returned home. This created unique opportunity. Jameson Master Distiller had what many would call a ‘lightbulb’ moment. Why not age a batch of Jameson’s in these now stout-seasoned casks?

The result is a limited experimental expression - Jameson Caskmates.

Why not experience Caskmates for yourself?

The aroma opens with freshly mown Irish meadow grass, crisp green orchard apples and pears, brightened with a twist of lime. Pot still spices warm, deepening it. It slowly changes from Green Tea, to creamy hazelnut and milk chocolate. The hops lingers, and mingles with the toasted oak, and barley grain.

Initially sweet and mouth coating, the taste up from it Irish Pot Still Whiskey, then the Stout walks in confidently bringing hots, cocoa beans, charred oak and marzipan.
personally, irish stouts always seem to be dry and flavorless. seems like they are trying really hard to sell someone on the idea.
I work for a distributor that launched this in Indiana, it was the most successful launch in 6 years.
PygmyLush
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:10 pm

ChrisV wrote:So I guess one of the dude's from New England Brewing Company left and opened a new place called Counter Weight. They put out their first beer in cans this week, called Headway. Stuff is REALLY fantastic for their first offering. Great blend of NE IPA and a traditional IPA. I have a feeling it may be name that will get thrown around a lot soon.

Good to know passed on cans the other day.
"Hipsters are pissing all over the mustache's good name"- preacher010
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:17 pm

My end of a trade with Kansasbbq, sent him a NY sampler and am glad to be able to have some Jester King again!
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:45 am

Cheers!

Thanks again for the NY brews. :pint:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Givn2wail
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:48 pm

Codeblue wrote:It was St Paddy's so I figured why not.
Can't wait to try this!!! :pint:
ChrisV
Art Expert

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Trying a Hill Farmstead beer for my first time right now...traded a Tree House Double Shot for a bottle of Florence. This stuff is amazing. I need to get up there one of these days.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Wellshire's Wicked Ale from Goose Island after 18 at Wellshire GC. Heady buzz. Tasty after 18 holes in the middle of our 'summer in March' run here in Denver...

:pint:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
Givn2wail
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:00 pm

ChrisV wrote:Trying a Hill Farmstead beer for my first time right now...traded a Tree House Double Shot for a bottle of Florence. This stuff is amazing. I need to get up there one of these days.
If you think Florence is impressive....
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:50 am

ChrisV wrote:Trying a Hill Farmstead beer for my first time right now...traded a Tree House Double Shot for a bottle of Florence. This stuff is amazing. I need to get up there one of these days.
Their place is really special. We loved our visit.
zefarrett
Art Freak

Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:36 pm

So pumped to check out some good beer in Austin this week. :pint:
I also want pizza. There better be good Austin pizza.
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
FrankBooth
Art Expert

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:07 pm

kansasbbq wrote:
Their place is really special. We loved our visit.
Yep, gorgeous place and just incredibly made beers.
ImageImageImage

Original Comic Art Collection: http://cafurl.com?i=25041
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Anybody near 3 floyds that can pick up a bottle of the willet barrel aged behemoth?
kansasbbq
Art God

Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:16 pm

zefarrett wrote:So pumped to check out some good beer in Austin this week. :pint:
I also want pizza. There better be good Austin pizza.
Safe travels amigo.