Mondo Poster News & Rumors

General art-related discussion.
matowest
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:03 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
rubberneck wrote:So no record prices then?
Just spinning in place, it seems.
On the flipside, it's still a good release
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:09 pm

matowest
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:12 pm

ZOMG ISO PB

Am I doing this right?
mattkardish
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:12 pm

cue the lawn chairs and lunchables
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:22 pm

Why the drymount did I move to LA from ATX?

ISO Badlands Variant.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:49 pm

iambillyg wrote:Speaking of flips...

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/februa ... -file-sale
I expect plenty of blurry line pics!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
tootexas
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:15 pm

I live close by and am considering going. Anyone ever been to one of these? What's the line like? How do they process the orders?
kansasbbq
Art God

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:19 pm

tootexas wrote:How do they process the orders?
Personal Checks ONLY
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Chandler53
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:22 pm

Cross post - really happy with this frame up of my old Olly Moss post cards.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:32 pm

tootexas wrote:I live close by and am considering going. Anyone ever been to one of these? What's the line like? How do they process the orders?
Line will probably begin forming tonight if Piper has anything to say about it. The line varies, but by noon Saturday, it should be at least 20-30 people deep.

Depending on the line size, the Gallery allows 15-20 people inside. You line up along the wall. Person 1 goes up to the flat file and gets to go through each drawer and review prints/inspect quality. While there's not a time limit, it's usually good form to limit your time to 5 minutes.

Once a print has been decided on (1 print per), you pay and then you can either A) leave, B) get back in line, C) post your pick up on eBay, D) a combo of A and C or B and C.

If you're there for local pickup, you don't need to wait in the flat file line. You can, but you'd be dumb.
michaelmillichamp
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:34 pm

iambillyg wrote:
tootexas wrote:I live close by and am considering going. Anyone ever been to one of these? What's the line like? How do they process the orders?
Line will probably begin forming tonight if Piper has anything to say about it. The line varies, but by noon Saturday, it should be at least 20-30 people deep.

Depending on the line size, the Gallery allows 15-20 people inside. You line up along the wall. Person 1 goes up to the flat file and gets to go through each drawer and review prints/inspect quality. While there's not a time limit, it's usually good form to limit your time to 5 minutes.

Once a print has been decided on (1 print per), you pay and then you can either A) leave, B) get back in line, C) post your pick up on eBay, D) a combo of A and C or B and C.

If you're there for local pickup, you don't need to wait in the flat file line. You can, but you'd be dumb.
I'm new to flat file sales. What does PB mean? :(
binky79
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:36 pm

I've always wanted to go, but have never been to a flat file sale. Aaaand I'm working this weekend, so that trend will continue... :neutral:
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:37 pm

michaelmillichamp wrote:
iambillyg wrote:

Local stooge who will gladly waste their time for you in line for zero in return
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
jkw3000
EB Team

Piper's in LA. Whether that was intentional on the part of Mondo is beyond me.

PB is poster buddy. Or poster bitch depending on what kind of consensual relationship you like to run, none of my business and more power to you. TL;dr is if you're asking for help grabbing a poster, then you're asking for a PB.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
iambillyg
Art Freak

michaelmillichamp wrote:
iambillyg wrote:

PB = Poster Buddy.

Since you're in LA, and I assume you won't be flying in for this, you'd be seeking someone to attend the sale for you, to try to get you the print (poster) you want. So you'd seek out a PB (Poster Buddy).

They would go, wait in line, buy what you want (if it's there [and if it's in a quality you'd be open to buying]).

Asking for a PB for a flat file sale is a pretty large ask because you don't know how long they'll be in line for, and you don't know if they'll even have the print you want. Say the line is 50 people deep when your PB gets there and each person ahead of them takes 5 minutes to look through the file/pay. That's 4 hours to stand in line after the sale begins.