Kdh12
Art Freak

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:12 pm

eBay sellers gettin nervous :cry:
mmmm Beer :pint:
spagucci1
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Apmplifier's recent kickstarter update. Given that the S/N screen prints are signed and ready to go, why the delay? And no I am not a nervous ebay seller as my set is not for sale.

Kickstarter

Thank you for your patience!
Posted by Amplifier Foundation (Creator)
Friends!!

Thank you so much for your patience on receiving your artwork and for all the support you have shown us over the last month. It is because of each of you we can move forward and continue to create free artwork for these social movements and for all the people marching for our rights!

This email is to update you on the status of your orders, which are expected to arrive in March.

To give you all a bit of an update for why the orders are taking longer then expected, we literally bought up all of the paper in existence in the United States to make the lithograph prints, and realized that it was only enough to make 39,000 prints of the 165,000 we need. because of this we had to ask the manufacturers to fire up their machines to create more of the special speckle-tone paper used for these prints. We've also been busy trying to find a warehouse space big enough to fit 4 semi-trucks of cardboard tubes, and a place to manage the fulfillment of 30,000 individual orders. We also had to produce over a quarter million stickers, which due to the sheer volume won't be arriving until next week! Limited edition prints are currently with the artists and they are busy signing literally thousands of them, to start shipping the end of next week we hope! Please remember that shipping 30,000 packages will take some time! To date we have also had over 1,500 schools reach out for free artwork, which after fulfilling all of your orders we will be sending out across the nation!

We hope the wait will be worth it and we are so grateful for your patience.
Take care, and keep marching!
The Amplifier Team
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:06 pm

:shock: That's a lot of paper.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:06 pm

drymount, think of all those tubes and craft paper... :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:36 pm

Doesnt explain the screen prints ....agree with spag :?
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:52 pm

But honestly, why would you care unless you were pre-selling? You'll have the art for the rest of your life, whtat difference does an extra month make?
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
Laguy34
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:53 pm

Dangerous to flip those prints IMO

A lot of unknowns right now, a flooded aftermarket, novice buyers, high high prices....... :?
edgar
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:12 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:But honestly, why would you care unless you were pre-selling? You'll have the art for the rest of your life, whtat difference does an extra month make?

:hanging:

:)
Grateful69Phish wrote:anybody this stupid doesn't become naturally intelligent!
Kdh12
Art Freak

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:18 am

I agree 2-3 extra weeks shouldn't make a difference, especially if they do it right

I'm guessing that s/n will ship with the rest in an effort to not inflate the aftermarket even more.... which is a baseless assumption on my part
mmmm Beer :pint:
1000steps
Art Expert

Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:57 am

Shepard Fairey has dramatically influenced American art history twice in his career, in 2008 and now. Personally, I don't think he's peaked creatively (viva Las Vegas, baby!) and the coming political years will provide fertile ground for his vision. Artists with his ability to surf the zeitgeist are rare. I think his popularity will continue to widen, and his work remains undervalued at current prices.
Welcome to the sleaze pit
egrimens
Art Expert

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:49 am

spagucci1 wrote:Apmplifier's recent kickstarter update. Given that the S/N screen prints are signed and ready to go, why the delay? And no I am not a nervous ebay seller as my set is not for sale.

Kickstarter

Thank you for your patience!
Posted by Amplifier Foundation (Creator)
Friends!!

Thank you so much for your patience on receiving your artwork and for all the support you have shown us over the last month. It is because of each of you we can move forward and continue to create free artwork for these social movements and for all the people marching for our rights!

This email is to update you on the status of your orders, which are expected to arrive in March.

To give you all a bit of an update for why the orders are taking longer then expected, we literally bought up all of the paper in existence in the United States to make the lithograph prints, and realized that it was only enough to make 39,000 prints of the 165,000 we need. because of this we had to ask the manufacturers to fire up their machines to create more of the special speckle-tone paper used for these prints. We've also been busy trying to find a warehouse space big enough to fit 4 semi-trucks of cardboard tubes, and a place to manage the fulfillment of 30,000 individual orders. We also had to produce over a quarter million stickers, which due to the sheer volume won't be arriving until next week! Limited edition prints are currently with the artists and they are busy signing literally thousands of them, to start shipping the end of next week we hope! Please remember that shipping 30,000 packages will take some time! To date we have also had over 1,500 schools reach out for free artwork, which after fulfilling all of your orders we will be sending out across the nation!

We hope the wait will be worth it and we are so grateful for your patience.
Take care, and keep marching!
The Amplifier Team
Something really isn't adding up here, considering the ones currently on sale on their site
http://amplifierfoundation.bigcartel.co ... -2-of-each

say this:
These are the last remaining prints from our Kickstarter campaign. DELIVERY WILL BE IN MARCH, we have waaaaay too many to send to donors over the coming month.
so how do they have remaining prints if they can't even fill the initial orders?
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:55 am

$$$

Sell now, print later.

Some create a callout thread already!
1000steps
Art Expert

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:23 am

LOL at the "I want it NOW, but really, I'm not flipping" folks. You guys are a bunch of money-grubbers.
Last edited by 1000steps on Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ekaril
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:25 am

So I got an offer for my Crube Oil on ebay, when I inclined, the guy sent me a link to the Obey store policy. I thought it was a pretty intersting read, so I sent him to my favorite article on wikipedia - goo.gl/JAtQfD. Then I decided to do a little digging and sent him this - http://oi64.tinypic.com/11r8vuf.jpg

I remember there was a guy here who went around and reported people, and I won't be suprised if this Spencer kiddo is also a member here. So, any clue?
1000steps
Art Expert

Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:30 am

Self-righteous people are a dime per dozen these days?