Anyone here breed French Bulldogs?

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:42 pm

Now selling things to fund best friend!

Peep my trades/collection!
Art comes alive in the arguments you have about it
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:11 pm

MillerTime04 wrote:Now selling things to fund best friend!

Peep my trades/collection!
Yeah!! Please post pics. :D
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
DickButt
Art Expert

Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:32 pm

Guess I'll post this here. Had a major scare with Dexter this week. A few days ago he wasn't eating much and was pretty lethargic, which is very unlike him. He's normally a puppy in a 9-year-old's body. Then he couldn't hold down water. Then on Tuesday all of a sudden he couldn't walk. At all. Or stand. We were pretty nervous that his back legs, which were already on their way out, were done. So on Wednesday morning we took him to the vet, they ran some tests and did an ultrasound, and he was diagnosed with Vestibular Neuritis. Knowing that now, he showed all the warning signs and symptoms in the days leading up (why is he veering to the left when walking up the stairs?).

He's on meds right now and has regained some ability to walk, mostly from one room to another. Still not eating, but he's getting just enough fluids. I can tell he's having trouble sleeping and he's shaking a lot. I'm cautiously optimistic that he'll be ok, and after speaking to some other people about this, it seems to be more common than I realized. But it's also something that can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks to clear up. I hate seeing him so uncomfortable, and probably at times scared. Hug your Frenchies tonight and every night!
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:15 pm

Frankie is praying for Dexter and he hopes he gets better real soon.
DickButt
Art Expert

Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:37 pm

2 weeks later and I'm happy to report that Dexter is doing very well considering how bad he was at his worst. He's not 100%, but he's at a place where I can tell he's happy again, he's eating regularly and walking well, and he's starting to play. Every day we see another thing where we go, "oh look he's doing ____ again!"
gorkie
Art Freak

Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:18 pm

That's awesome! We need a photo. :D
bayharborbutcher
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:12 am

Glad to hear things are doing better dickbutt.
I can relate. My dexter is almost 10 and basically stopped eating a few months ago. Was always a puppy and always scarfed down Any food. Started throwing up more and was shaking and a mess. They did an ultra sound and saw what ya have been a growth. Fortunately it wasn't the c but he did need a huge surgery, he had an abnormally thickened pylorus which is something near the esophagus and stomach entrance so they had to cut it down and sew his stomach back together.

5 days in the hospital and 3 months of waves on and off improvement he is finally back to his old eating-in-4-seconds-flat-puppy-jumping-playing self. Thank god. Wish you all the best in your recovery. . Ugh how do I post a pic off y iPad anyone know?
DickButt
Art Expert

Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:36 am

bayharborbutcher wrote:Glad to hear things are doing better dickbutt.
I can relate. My dexter is almost 10 and basically stopped eating a few months ago. Was always a puppy and always scarfed down Any food. Started throwing up more and was shaking and a mess. They did an ultra sound and saw what ya have been a growth. Fortunately it wasn't the c but he did need a huge surgery, he had an abnormally thickened pylorus which is something near the esophagus and stomach entrance so they had to cut it down and sew his stomach back together.

5 days in the hospital and 3 months of waves on and off improvement he is finally back to his old eating-in-4-seconds-flat-puppy-jumping-playing self. Thank god. Wish you all the best in your recovery. . Ugh how do I post a pic off y iPad anyone know?
Ugh that's awful I'm really glad to hear he's doing better.

We went back to the vet last week because he seemed really uncomfortable and wasn't lying down all day, which for him is weird. Something told me we should probably go get him checked. Turns out he has large tumors on his liver, an enlarged heart, some fluid on his heart, and possibly some in his lungs. There's basically nothing we can do, and he's probably been like this for awhile without us knowing. He's on pills to make him more comfortable which immediately worked. He doesn't seem to be in any pain, he's eating and drinking normally, sleeping just fine now, and is super playful at times (probably the normal amount for a dog that's 9 1/2).

It's sad, because we know that eventually it'll take him from us, but as long as he seems happy and normal we'll treat him as such. No point in getting sad and depressed and projecting that onto him. It could be days, or years, so acting that way is pointless and gets in the way of enjoying our time together. My wife had a Boston who had tumors on his heart and lived 3 years past doctor's expectations so you really never know.
gorkie
Art Freak

Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:12 am

The Dexters are very lucky to be in such loving and caring homes. Wishing and hoping for only the best for both of them and you guys. Post a picture now and then please. I love seeing the pics of the Frenchmonsters. :D
GoBluePanic
Art Expert

Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:41 pm

One of our past Rottweilers had Vestibular syndrome and it was terrifying. I came home to a dog that couldn't stand up or walk and thought he had a stroke or something. It was a rough couple days for him but he made it through and dropped a few pounds he needed to in the process.
I'm not someone else.
bayharborbutcher
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Sorry to hear about the tumors, I am glad to hear he is happy. Here's to all the good times going forward
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:05 pm

IMG_0876.JPG
Baby Armand. DOB 2-11-17
gorkie
Art Freak

Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:11 pm

Omg. I want to friggin eat his face off. So damn cute. Congrats!!
Philpenn
Art Expert

Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:51 pm

As in Tamzarian?
MillerTime04
Art Expert

Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:35 pm

Philpenn wrote:As in Tamzarian?
That's Armin. I'll prolly affectionately refer to him as Hermie