john grayson | conart[studio]

General art-related discussion.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2016 12:03 pm

+2, couldn't resist. Thanks John!
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
fribhey
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2016 12:46 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:+2, couldn't resist. Thanks John!
awesome, THANK YOU!
fribhey
Art Expert

Mon May 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Time for another CONTEST - four prizes and 4 winners

UP FOR GRABS The rules are simple:
1) Follow me, @conartstudio, on instagram and like this image
2) Then repost this image on instagram, tag @conartstudio in the image and include the hashtag #conartgiveaway

The contest will end on Tuesday, May 10th at 10pm EST. The winners will be chosen at random, posted on my account and contacted through direct message. If you don't know how to repost, visit www.con-art.com/contest to download the image.

Both the prints and sticker packs are also available to purchase, more info here: http://www.con-art.com/shop

Thanks for looking!

REPOST THIS IMAGE ON INSTAGRAM

fribhey
Art Expert

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:14 pm

Here are two new pieces I created for a group show on August 6th. The images are from a bunch of vintage photos (probably from about 1910ish through 1950s) I bought off of eBay a couple years ago.

Air Mail

Two color (mint green and black) hand screen printed, hand painted and emulsion transfer collaged 24"x24" wood panel with a two color (black and white) screen printed piece of acrylic plexiglass mounted 1/4" above the wood panel's surface.

-------------------------

Released By

Two color (mint green and black) hand screen printed, hand painted and emulsion transfer collaged 24"x24" wood panel with a one color (black) screen printed piece of acrylic plexiglass mounted 1/4" above the wood panel's surface.

Here's few photos of the wood panel looks like without the plexi and a few close up detail shots:

fribhey
Art Expert

Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:32 pm

Here are some shots of my two new pieces in stages that show the process in how i make them as well as all the layering:

Released By

First stage in my process: the under layer consisting of collage, toner and hand painting.

Second stage in my process: two colors screen printed on top of the collage, toner and hand painting.

Final stage in my process: one color screen printed sheet of acrylic plexiglass float mounted a 1/4" above the wood panel.

Air Mail

First stage in my process: the under layer consisting of collage, toner and hand painting.

Second stage in my process: two colors screen printed on top of the collage, toner and hand painting.

Final stage in my process: two colors screen printed sheet of acrylic plexiglass float mounted a 1/4" above the wood panel.

fribhey
Art Expert

Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:09 pm

Going Through the Motions - collaborative works by Felix Martinez & John Grayson

I'm extremely excited to announce that in one month from today, on First Friday, February 3rd (2.3.2017), Felix and I will be having our first collaborative art show together, titled "Going Through the Motions," at The Mothership Art Gallery in Philadelphia, PA. Each piece in the show will be a collaboration that will combine both of our individual styles and we can't wait to show everyone the final work.

If you'll be in the NJ/PA/DE area on February 3rd, we'd be honored if you could join us at The Mothership Art Gallery in Philly for First Friday.

-------
Going Through the Motions - collaborative works by Felix Martinez & John Grayson
First Friday, February 3rd, 2017 from 6-9pm
Mothership Art Gallery & Designer Toy Store
223 W Girard Ave, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19123
-------

fribhey
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:59 pm

For the Masses Podcast
Episode 25 with Felix Martinez and John Grayson

Felix and I were both honored to be guests on the latest "For the Masses" podcast (Part of the Blindbox Network) hosted by Rob Lumino and ChrisRWK (Robots Will Kill). We talk about music, how we got involved with art and our upcoming collab show together at the Mothership Art Gallery. It's available now to listen to online by clicking on the image below and you will also be able to stream from iTunes shortly.

listen here: http://blindboxpodcast.com/for-the-masses-episode-25-ft-catatomic-john-grayson/

MedicinalGrade
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:37 pm

is this the same conart from the early 90's that did the t-shirts. I still have a few weed ones and the kiss one.
fribhey
Art Expert

Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:41 pm

Here's a piece from my collab show "Going Through the Motions" with Felix Martinez - opening this friday, February 3rd from 6-9pm @ The Mothership Art Gallery in Philadelphia, PA - preview will be available at 12 noon EST at www.goingthroughthemotions.net

"CONARTIST Skull" - Three color screen print on 12"x12" wood panel with hand painting and emulsion transfer- signed and dated on the back.

fribhey
Art Expert

Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:43 pm

Here's another sneak peak from my show opening up tomorrow night @ The Mothership Art Gallery in Philadelphia, PA - preview will be available tomorrow at 12 noon EST at www.goingthroughthemotions.net

"Mickey Skull" - One color screen printed acrylic plexiglass mounted on top of a two color screen printed, hand painted and collaged 12”x12” wood panel - signed and numbered on the back.

fribhey
Art Expert

Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:49 pm

Bird Skull and Bones
One color screen printed acrylic plexiglass mounted on top of a two color screen printed, hand painted and collaged 12”x12” wood panel - signed and dated on the back.

This piece, from my collaborative art show, titled "Going Through the Motions," with Felix Martinez, is available and on view through March 9th at Mothership Art Gallery & Designer Toy Store in Philadelphia, PA. - visit https://mothershipgallery.com for more info.

fribhey
Art Expert

Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Non-Fat Frappuccino With Extra Whipped Cream And Chocolate Sauce
One color screen printed acrylic plexiglass mounted on top of a one color screen printed, hand painted and collaged 12”x12” wood panel. Signed and dated on the back.

fribhey
Art Expert

Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Skull on Green (Invert)
Three color screen print on a 12”x12” wood panel with hand painting. Signed and dated on the back.

fribhey
Art Expert

Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:44 am

Black Skull
One color screen printed acrylic plexiglass mounted on top of a one color screen printed, hand painted and collaged 12”x12” wood panel - signed and dated on the back.

visit www.goingthroughthemotions.net for more info

fribhey
Art Expert

Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:52 pm

Everlast Warhol
Five color screen printed, hand painted and collaged 24”x24” wood panel with a 24”x24” acrylic plexiglass mounted on top. Signed and dated on the back.

Everlast Basquiat
Five color screen printed, hand painted and collaged 24”x24” wood panel with a 24”x24” acrylic plexiglass mounted on top. Signed and dated on the back.

visit www.goingthroughthemotions.net for more info