how to report a sale or purchase

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
nutter97
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:23 am

i've been on this board for.......13 years now I think....i've bought and sold many MANY prints.... i know i should probably know by now, but how do the sales gets recorded?
dmm8878
Art Expert

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:30 am

You just paste the eBay ID number into the field next to the "Add Auction" button on the "For Sale or For Trade" page of any listing.

ex. -- http://expressobeans.com/members/detail ... 179/trades
ottomatik71 wrote:Your punk ass attitude isn't going to help you get this print.
nutter97
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:39 am

dmm8878 wrote:You just paste the eBay ID number into the field next to the "Add Auction" button on the "For Sale or For Trade" page of any listing.

ex. -- http://expressobeans.com/members/detail ... 179/trades
what if it's not an ebay sale.... for example I bought a Stout Fox yesterday here on EB from another member.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:45 am

You have to list the item in your WT and put the price in the box. Save the listing then go back to the page that lets you add it to your WT and click the button that says "sold at price shown". If you are the buyer, you can list that in the comments section.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:48 am

Sales done from here are logged by the seller. When you have an item in your For Sale list, you'll notice there's a button next to the price field on the WT edit page that says Sold at Price Shown. When someone sells something that's in their WT list, they would just go into that edit page, tweak the amount to be whatever the actual sale price was, and then click that button. Once they hit save, after that, it'll remove it from their WT list, and register the sale for that price (subject to approval by the moderation team).

edit: What Kramerica said. >_>
So it goes...
nutter97
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:19 am

well fudge.... i wonder how many sells go unrecorded? we all rely on those averages/hi's/lo's etc.. i do my best to contribute..... but i'm mainly just a buyer and rarely sell stuff it seems
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:24 am

nutter97 wrote:well fudge.... i wonder how many sells go unrecorded? we all rely on those averages/hi's/lo's etc.. i do my best to contribute..... but i'm mainly just a buyer and rarely sell stuff it seems
Like Kramerica said, if the seller isn't on the site, and you still want to record the transaction as a buyer, you can do what we explained, and in the note/comment include "sell recorded by buyer", and that'll be sufficient.
So it goes...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:05 pm

mfaith wrote:
nutter97 wrote:well fudge.... i wonder how many sells go unrecorded? we all rely on those averages/hi's/lo's etc.. i do my best to contribute..... but i'm mainly just a buyer and rarely sell stuff it seems
Like Kramerica said, if the seller isn't on the site, and you still want to record the transaction as a buyer, you can do what we explained, and in the note/comment include "sale recorded by buyer", and that'll be sufficient.
Fixed. Fuggin Trumpers amirite?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:08 am

Codeblue wrote:
mfaith wrote:
Like Kramerica said, if the seller isn't on the site, and you still want to record the transaction as a buyer, you can do what we explained, and in the note/comment include "sale recorded by buyer", and that'll be sufficient.
Fixed. Fuggin Trumpers amirite?
:oops:
So it goes...
bcp5296d
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:08 am

this thread was very helpful thanks. Just sold my welker boardwalk and I'm sure the 6 month average will be effected lol.