Ween San Francisco 16 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:14 pm

This topic is dedicated to Ween San Francisco 16 EMEK

earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:19 pm

siiiiiiiiiick
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:37 pm

I want one
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:23 am

Congrats on POTY, Emek!!!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
phishstix101
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:02 am

Rick_a_c wrote:Congrats on POTY, Emek!!!
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:31 am

stuckeyc wrote:I want one
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
JohnMac

Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:06 pm

How does this win POTY? I am an Emek fan, but this is just lame. He has stolen someone else's design and altered it to promote another band. He did the same thing with the 'Flying Eyeball' poster. The greatest thing about Emek is/was his creativity. This is pure piracy.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:05 pm

JohnMac wrote:How does this win POTY? I am an Emek fan, but this is just lame. He has stolen someone else's design and altered it to promote another band. He did the same thing with the 'Flying Eyeball' poster. The greatest thing about Emek is/was his creativity. This is pure piracy.
In Emek's case, with these 2 posters, what he did is called an homage. My hunch is that both Stanley Mouse (for this poster) and Rick Griffin's estate (for the flying eyeball), approved these posters before Emek made them.

Of course, everyone's entitled to their opinion. I don't oppose yours, except that I am fairly certain he didn't/wouldn't do anything illegal or unethical in creating posters that "borrow" from existing imagery.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
kansasbbq
Art God

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:07 pm

phishstix101 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:07 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:
JohnMac wrote:How does this win POTY? I am an Emek fan, but this is just lame. He has stolen someone else's design and altered it to promote another band. He did the same thing with the 'Flying Eyeball' poster. The greatest thing about Emek is/was his creativity. This is pure piracy.
In Emek's case, with these 2 posters, what he did is called an homage. My hunch is that both Stanley Mouse (for this poster) and Rick Griffin's estate (for the flying eyeball), approved these posters before Emek made them.

Of course, everyone's entitled to their opinion. I don't oppose yours, except that I am fairly certain he didn't/wouldn't do anything illegal or unethical in creating posters that "borrow" from existing imagery.
I agree with everything you said Rick. I also think it's pretty lame that this won POTY and is more a testament to the stale offerings of 2016 than anything else.
Last edited by earlgreytoast on Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:43 pm

applehead
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:51 pm

turnJBup wrote:
It was hard to pick between the two Emek Ween prints for concert POTY. Glad to see this one won. Congrats Emek!
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:08 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:

I agree with everything you said Rick. I also think it's pretty lame that this won POTY and is more a testament to the stale offerings of 2016 than anything else.
I like both of Emek's homage posters mentioned here, but I'm very surprised that they were #1 and #2 for POTY. I didn't see that coming; maybe due to the images being homages rather than "original" images. That said, I own both Emek posters, and I own an FD26 and a BG105 to compare these to. When you compare Emek's to the reference images, there are awesome differences. What I'm saying is that, when you look at the details, they are not the same. That is, they look very similar from a distance, but not when examined close up. My $0.02
SpaceYourAntelope
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:36 pm

what does SP edition stand for?
jellomcmonkeyfish
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:06 pm

SpaceYourAntelope wrote:what does SP edition stand for?
Store Print, Shop Print, Special Print. Pick one.