Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:41 am

rocker wrote:its quiet bacause all the flippers got burned in the ass by private commissions. only the tru collectors left now
You still sore about Woodson? :P Hehe

I have to say, I'm struggling to afford buying new posters, with the exchange rate as it is, combined with much higher likelihood of duty.
Fortunately, output hasn't been as exciting lately anyhow (IMO). Still, have to catch myself and resist temptation occasionally. All the same, would like to see some new ISOs be released, and breath some excitement into it all.
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:52 am

Exchange rate terrible, customs being more aggressive, too many posters anyway, and just losing my job have put a dampener on purchases. Plus I don't get to hear about any of these commissions or take part in any FB groups that are around. So that probably means I don't hear about a lot and don't get tempted. Which is probably for the best to be honest.

Though it does seem like nearly every print I like posted on here (EB generally) has been part of some secret squirrel commission. :P
pking1601
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:16 am

Are commissions the way it's been going? Have there been a few bad ones?
Anything movie related on here, I don't read about.

I suppose the exchange rate/customs is a major factor at the moment. The customs was the major reason for me taking a step back. I was so pissed off with paying the £8 handling fee etc, it made me think, what am I doing, enough is enough and in a funny way, that decision about the customs, had a knock on effect on my collecting habit as a whole which has definitely worked out for the best.
rocker
Art Expert

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:41 am

Commissions dont tend to attract issues with customs FWIW
https://www.facebook.com/groups/posterbuddies/
Facebook group for chatting about prints
dhokes
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:50 pm

Personally, my tastes have moved from movie artwork to more contemporary art, plus I'm saving to purchase a house. I still have a browse on here every now and then and follow my subscribed topics to see if there's anything of interest.
LarryForsyth
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:18 pm

I see Tbubs is back in the city centre next year and will now be in September...
Kobi
Art Enthusiast

Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:18 pm

Hey boys, any chance a wee print noob can join the Facebook group? Not that I need any more encouragement to spend money. :hanging:
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:19 am

Kobi wrote:Hey boys, any chance a wee print noob can join the Facebook group? Not that I need any more encouragement to spend money. :hanging:
I'm afraid I don't have that kind of authority! There are quite a few too...

A bit quiet here again. Anyone hoping for print related prezzies? I'm hoping for Jason Edmiston's or Jock's book
rocker
Art Expert

Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:51 am

Kobi wrote:Hey boys, any chance a wee print noob can join the Facebook group? Not that I need any more encouragement to spend money. :hanging:
see my siggy
https://www.facebook.com/groups/posterbuddies/
Facebook group for chatting about prints
darkninja1985
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:57 am

Jaspar wrote:
I'm afraid I don't have that kind of authority! There are quite a few too...

A bit quiet here again. Anyone hoping for print related prezzies? I'm hoping for Jason Edmiston's or Jock's book
Man I wouldn't mind Edmiston's book, wouldn't mind the Alternative Movie Poster books either... Would be great gifts as I doubt I have much space on my walls for anymore prints lol
New to the Movie Art Poster scene.

Drop it punk, dead or alive, you're coming with me - Robocop
urbanprowler
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:32 am

rocker wrote:
see my siggy
I've just sent a request to join the group if anyone is wondering who it is.
Like others, I had to calm down on buying stuff, partly due to the exchange rate, but mostly cause it was get out of hand. I've got more artwork in portfolios than on the wall :D
Kobi
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:24 am

urbanprowler wrote:
rocker wrote:
see my siggy
I've just sent a request to join the group if anyone is wondering who it is.
Like others, I had to calm down on buying stuff, partly due to the exchange rate, but mostly cause it was get out of hand. I've got more artwork in portfolios than on the wall :D
Yup just requested too. I'm needing to get some portfolios as most of mine are still in tubes
dearmrecho
Art Expert

Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:14 pm

If anyone wants to join the UK only poster group on Facebook then pm me. You probably won't find any more information on there than you will with the other groups but it's small and friendly and 'local'... but in a good way :)
originalg
Art Enthusiast

Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:35 am

Any Uk'ers out there getting the Lego Batman minifigs ? I already have a few dupes that i wouldnt mind trading with someone here if you have any ?
cgmarshall
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:31 am

Hi Guys
Has anyone in the UK bought a paper dispenser, and craft paper roll?
Any recommendations where to get it?